collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Would you buy Funko vinyl collectibles of Cloudchaser or Flitter?

So much yes! The colors, cutie marks, and hairstyles are amazing!
21 (28.8%)
Probably, new characters are always good!
13 (17.8%)
Not sure until I see them, or I would only buy one.
5 (6.8%)
No, I don't collect G4 or Funko ponies.
22 (30.1%)
No, not interested in these characters.
12 (16.4%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Author Topic: Would you buy? Poll #9  (Read 1148 times)

will2Bfree

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Would you buy? Poll #9
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2013, 02:15:43 PM »
I'm not as hyped about these two characters as some people, but I do like them somewhat, so I know I'd get at least one of them. Probably Cloudchaser for her rockin' hair. Honestly, their color palette is so similar I'm not sure I'd spring for both of them, although I'd most likely be tempted. While pegasi are my favorite of the species, in this case the fact that they both are actually works against their favor for me, as it doesn't help differentiate them at all.

So I'd get them, or at least one of them, but personally I'd prefer some other pegasi, like Thunderlane or Blossomforth (or Daring Do, for that matter) be made first. They had more of an impact on me, but that's just the way my own "wants" rank.

I was going to write my own brushable vs. molded reasoning, but I've been sick today and I'm so tired now I'm not sure I could get through it or that it would even make sense. Maybe tomorrow, if I remember. *yawns*

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2013, 11:54:01 PM »
I guess I don't really have any connection to these two. *shrug* I probably wouldn't buy them.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2013, 01:59:50 AM »
I am glad they release the Funko line of ponies even if they are not my cup of tea. I think there are a lot of people who want that 'figure' without the stigma of 'you collect little girls' toys????' Does that make sense? I feel like they are 'cooler' in the world's eyes.

I also applaud Funko for ACTUALLY RELEASING NON MANE 6  over and over and over :pullhair: I feel like their forward thinking is maybe showing Hasbro that WE WANT PONIES!! And I applaud them for setting the example in show accuracy. I hope Funko keeps going with ponies forever (and makes LUNA!!!) just to keep some freshness in the toy line.

As for the hair styling being difficult, I beg to differ ;) I haven't made a Flitter yet, but here's a Spitfire I styled:

Angel, you have to post your Flitter here when you finish her :)

Aquatic, is it possible to have an option in the poll for "I would buy a brushable, but not a Funko" next time? If not, no worries :)

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2013, 04:03:37 AM »
The characters are adorable, but as brushables, not Funkos. Your average Funko pony is three times the price of a single brushable--no thank you, way too rich for my blood.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal