collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I made some baby pony accessories, wanna see?  (Read 1696 times)

Offline Babydoll

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • ★ Instagram Babydoll84uk (Pics of my collection) ★
    • View Profile
Re: I made some baby pony accessories, wanna see?
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2013, 06:39:26 AM »
Awesome idea and just sooo cute!

Babydoll~
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2013, 06:56:13 AM »
squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee so much cuteness, they are absolutely adorable sweetie :D

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2013, 08:42:58 AM »
Ooh super cute, great idea - especially for Christmas presents for your favourite baby ponies!! :heart:

My thinking exactly! Thank you for the feedback everyone, I must say I had a complete cute-out when I was loading the photos to Ebay. My little girls are just so photogenic :biggrin: By the way you could also knot them so they would work as a friendship bracelet....

Post Merge: October 29, 2013, 08:52:18 AM

^ Brilliant! Expect a PM from me, I need a shipping quote to F-land.

They are £4.50 each, do you think that's reasonable? I need to go to the post office and find out how much they weigh  :glitter: then I can give you a quote. I can make them with names to order if anyone is interested :joy:
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 08:55:39 AM by Artemesia Floc »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2013, 11:08:51 AM »
Super cute!

Elf

Offline mul-ta

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2013, 05:32:32 PM »
Well, I do think they may be on the expensive side for the buyer especially when one factors in shipping, considering a crafty person will simply make their own, but "reasonable" will depend on how much is left after materials, paypal and possibly ebay fees = compensation for your design and time, and that *is* worth something. I don't really do crafts but I have sold original art and never sell it cheap. I do confess I wouldn't so much as take my watercolors out for $15.

I will totally buy one for Gusty provided that shipping will not kill me (in the firm faith that it won't).

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2013, 05:45:03 PM »
Oooh. I really like these.  Much more creative than just BABY wording :)

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2013, 08:40:13 PM »
Well, I do think they may be on the expensive side for the buyer especially when one factors in shipping, considering a crafty person will simply make their own, but "reasonable" will depend on how much is left after materials, paypal and possibly ebay fees = compensation for your design and time, and that *is* worth something. I don't really do crafts but I have sold original art and never sell it cheap. I do confess I wouldn't so much as take my watercolors out for $15.

I will totally buy one for Gusty provided that shipping will not kill me (in the firm faith that it won't).

Thank you, yes I think you're right. The first set of are all done with materials from John Lewis so there's no profit there, just fun for me. I really like the idea of lots of babies everywhere having their own cute necklace =) I have now sourced identical items for less money on ebay because a few people have asked for them and I've run out of certain letters  :biggrin: I know I can't compete with a lot of other craftspeople who sell hundreds of pieces of one kind of jewellery since they buy materials in bulk. I'm not expecting to sell many of these, and I know some people will just take the idea and make their own but I thought others might like to buy them as Christmas presents if they don't have time to make their own.  That's why they come in a gift bag and can be gift wrapped on request.

For the Arena I will make them £4 each or £3 each if you buy 4. I will leave the higher price on ebay and if they don't sell, so be it as they take about half an hour to make. It takes time to pick out all the letters  :blush:
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Tiffymh1fan

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Im attracted to shinny glitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2013, 09:14:40 PM »
Oh that is so darn cute! My daughter is always looking for ways to make me stuff for holidays... Can she borrow your idea? She is loving your ponys too.. Shes my 8 yr old pony addict in my home lol.
Glitter for everyone! :fireworks:

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2013, 10:12:44 PM »
Oh that is so darn cute! My daughter is always looking for ways to make me stuff for holidays... Can she borrow your idea? She is loving your ponys too.. Shes my 8 yr old pony addict in my home lol.

Sure!

For your daughter, here is Baby Glory in her Fairy costume for Halloween.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 11:25:06 PM by Artemesia Floc »

Offline TinyShinyUnique

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • UniqueSubtleTreasures
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2013, 10:37:26 PM »
Those are completely adorable and so well made! :heart:

Out of curiosity, are the beads acrylic or glass? I've been looking for glass beads with letters for some time now and haven't found any in my country :cloud:

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2013, 10:47:44 PM »

Out of curiosity, are the beads acrylic or glass? I've been looking for glass beads with letters for some time now and haven't found any in my country :cloud:

They are acrylic. Acrylic is so hard and shiny, but light and safe. Have you tried it? If I wore glass beads on a bracelet I would worry they might chip, on a porcelain sink for example. I really love plastic and collecting ponies satisfies my desire for all different kinds and colours!

« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 11:24:47 PM by Artemesia Floc »

Offline TinyShinyUnique

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • UniqueSubtleTreasures
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2013, 10:58:09 PM »

They are acrylic. Acrylic is so hard and shiny, but light and safe. Have you tried it? If I wore glass beads on a bracelet I would worry they might chip, on a porcelain sink for example. I really love plastic and collecting ponies satisfies my desire for all different kinds and colours.

I don't mind acrylic beads at all, though I mostly use glass beads :blush: I also wanted to make such necklaces for ponies, but sadly the beads I managed to found were very low-quality. The paint used to color the letters was able to come off even just from cleaning up or stain my fingers if I held them for long enough :cloud: I was worried they might stain the ponies too and had been looking for glass-made beads since then as a safer alternative. There are also times when glass-made beads - especially seed beads have a similar staining problem, but it's less common.

Also, I adore the outfit you made for Baby Glory :heart: You're pretty crafty yourself! :D

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2013, 11:09:47 PM »

They are acrylic. Acrylic is so hard and shiny, but light and safe. Have you tried it? If I wore glass beads on a bracelet I would worry they might chip, on a porcelain sink for example. I really love plastic and collecting ponies satisfies my desire for all different kinds and colours.

I don't mind acrylic beads at all, though I mostly use glass beads :blush: I also wanted to make such necklaces for ponies, but sadly the beads I managed to found were very low-quality. The paint used to color the letters was able to come off even just from cleaning up or stain my fingers if I held them for long enough :cloud: I was worried they might stain the ponies too and had been looking for glass-made beads since then as a safer alternative. There are also times when glass-made beads - especially seed beads have a similar staining problem, but it's less common.

Also, I adore the outfit you made for Baby Glory :heart: You're pretty crafty yourself! :D

:stunned: Oh my goodness! Thanks so much for pointing that out... however I have never had that problem with any of my beads. I tested them by soaking them in water overnight then trying to rub the paint off - nothing happened. I will make sure I check each time I buy new beads to make sure.

For the record nothing that I sell including G1 ponies and accessories is suitable for small children. They have not been tested for lead and pthalates and the fancraft items that I make may have small parts that could injure a child. All my items are meant as fun items for collectors, which may include older children.

I wouldn't recommend leaving any coloured materials in contact with ponies indefinitely including Hasbro items such as saddles and other plastic accessories as the colour is known to transfer. This is why I photograph my ponies in outfits or with accessories but they are all stored individually wrapped in unbleached acid free tissue paper and those on display are not touching.

bronycraft

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2013, 11:20:31 PM »
So cute!! That's so good, I have literally THOUSANDS of these beads, and I would have never come up with this idea haha!

ashlite

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2013, 11:25:26 PM »
These are so cute!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal