collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay fustration  (Read 538 times)

Offline loverofbalto

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Ebay fustration
« on: October 22, 2013, 11:56:36 PM »
A few weeks back I sold a collection of my little pony items on ebay.  I was happy my items were going to someone, but not long after I sold them I saw posts on the mlparena facebook page selling the exact same items again.  I shouldn't be upset seeing as they are now that person's items, but at the same time it hurts to see that happen. 

Has anyone else experienced this and felt the same way?  I just want to know that I am not the only one.

Offline balletpot

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Avatar: Childhood Bow-Tie in a new outfit.
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay fustration
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 12:20:26 AM »
I haven't sold much so can't help you with my experience but out of curiosity, did the person keep something or was everything sold? If everything was sold again, then ... weird. If not, maybe there was just a thing or two they wanted to keep?

Also, is there a MLParena FB page?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline loverofbalto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 12:29:36 AM »
I didn't see everything being sold again, mostly some clothes pieces, some combs, some mcdonald's ponies, and a G4 I had sold them.  I hope they did keep something for themselves.  I was surprised when they resold the G1 diapers and boxes.  I thought a lot of people collected those.

But yeah facebook has a MLPArena page.  Just type in MLPArena and you should find it.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 12:59:09 AM »
I understand how you feel.   The thing is many of the people that buy lots on ebay are flippers.  They buy to sell.  I know you would like to have felt someone actually wanted your things to keep, but its not always something we can guarantee with sales.  Once you sell it, it belongs to another person to do with it whatever they wish.  I am sorry you are feeling upset by it.  Its happened to me also in the past, but its just part of the whole ebay sell and resell world.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 01:39:24 AM »
I have to admit that I "flip" items. Reason being is that it is the only way for me to gain funds to buy ponies I want. The way I figure it is that the items I buy in lots will also end up going to people who want them very much, so it is not a loss in sentiment from someone else buying them after me...
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

Offline loverofbalto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 01:52:01 AM »
I know I shouldn't be upset.  For some reason I just a little bummed.  Thanks for the encouraging words guys.

Offline TinyShinyUnique

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • UniqueSubtleTreasures
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 02:00:38 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear that! :hug: It happened to me too. I was bummed out especially since I though I would be doing a favor and sold the items on a local forum, hoping the ponies will stay with another collector in my country. The buyer is now selling them on ebay and for prices that suggest exactly why they bought it. I know it's their right to do so and honestly, I often bought things especially in lots to re-sell, it's just upsetting to experience.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 02:25:05 AM »
While I understand it is upsetting, unfortunately it happens. There is not much anyone can do about it. The way I look at it is if I paid what someone was asking (didn't haggle them) or won an auction fair and square, then it is my prerogative what I do with the items. They are mine to do with as I wish. Just my thoughts on it and everyone is allowed to feel differently, so you are not in the wrong being upset.  :hug:

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline loverofbalto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2013, 03:06:25 AM »
As I said guys this is really helping.  Thanks so much for the insight and the hugs.  I will  try and remember all the helpful advice you all have given me.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2013, 03:23:25 AM »
I almost always resell things from lots. It's very rare that I buy a lot of ponies/accessories that I want or need every single thing in there. In fact I have often bought lots for only one or two items. I'd guess that your buyer probably got some things they wanted but didn't need all of them, so they're selling the extras. No harm in that :)

Offline loverofbalto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2013, 04:10:32 AM »
I'll be honest I have re-sold or given away the occasional item when I bought or received it from another person.  But just this one time when it happened to me I didn't like it.  It's so weird how upset we can get over something so small.  Thanks for hearing me out guys.

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2013, 06:12:15 AM »
I know I shouldn't be upset.  For some reason I just a little bummed.  Thanks for the encouraging words guys.

It's ok to be a bit miffed though! :hug:
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2013, 06:35:56 AM »
I'll be honest I have re-sold or given away the occasional item when I bought or received it from another person.  But just this one time when it happened to me I didn't like it.  It's so weird how upset we can get over something so small.  Thanks for hearing me out guys.

Yes I know what you mean.  That happened to me when I sold something to a friend I thought wanted it and was pleased she bought it.  Then a week or two later she was selling it for twice what I made her pay and I was pretty miffed too.  What upset me the most was just that I had given her a little deal because, she was a friend and I had no idea she was really trying to get it for less so she could sell it for more.  We are not friends anymore.  I just felt that friendship for this person showed over time to me more of a "using" type situation for their gain.  Not just the one isolated event but a series of things that really made it seem that she was taking advantage of me and others.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 06:38:58 AM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2013, 10:11:39 AM »
I understand why your upset over it. I have never had it happen to me that I can remember. I have bought things and then had it for a little bit and did not really want it that bad. I have sold things. I have also bought many Breyer Horses and sold them to make some profit.

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2013, 06:59:29 AM »
Yeah I've done that, in fact I just finished with a bunch of sales where I did that... I bought a massive lot of about 300 ponies from another arena member who lives in my city. obviously, having several hundred ponies myself, there were going to be doubles! So I went through, and there were four categories:

New ponies
Upgrades
Ponies I already had better versions of
Ponies I don't collect

So two categories were kept, and two put up for sale/trade. I'm sure the member who sold them completely understands this, it would've been the exact same situation in say she'd bought 300 of my ponies. I was never going to have 300 individual ponies I didn't already have - the odds of that were ridiculously astronomical!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal