collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Card Swap 2013 -> all done!  (Read 36181 times)

Offline ArenaHunt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Card Swap 2013 -> Photo check-ins due TODAY!
« Reply #435 on: December 01, 2013, 01:30:57 AM »
We are on track - hoping to send out address lists today (but forgive if they are a day or two late).

I'm waiting on Arianna's check-in, lovesbabysquirmy to clarify their pic...and sadly looks like Pandora will be dropped from the swap - no communication at all or check-in, and hasn't posted in a month.

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: December 01, 2013, 01:51:17 AM »
That's sad that someone will be dropped from the swap, can't wait to get the addresses though so I can get my cards addressed and sent out :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline nessy_86

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: December 01, 2013, 01:58:46 AM »
I haven't written on my cards yet but I will work on that once I get a free minute! I love getting mail so don't go too crazy trying to write the perfect thing on the back of my cards! :D

wyndstar

« Reply #438 on: December 01, 2013, 02:17:21 AM »
just realized the postcards i got are pre-paid worldwide... so i won't need stamps!! sorry if my partners wanted to see stamps lol

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: December 01, 2013, 02:25:53 AM »
Can't wait to ship out my cards! :)

Offline AnnaPommes

• glow-in-the-dark pony
  • Trade Count: (+62)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pommes cute things
« Reply #440 on: December 01, 2013, 02:27:37 AM »
whohh, if i could get the adresses until tomorrow, i could send out all at my post-office stop tomorrow!
too bad someone dropped out, i hope she is allright. ;)
~ Visit the Pommes-shop ~
www.etsy.com/shop/AnnagretStudio With usefull artprints, cute decor, stationery and crafting kits!
Or linktree with more fancy things!
wonderfull avatar by the lovely Shaiyeh!

Arianna

« Reply #441 on: December 01, 2013, 03:01:35 AM »
I finally sent in my check in.  I PMed ArenaHunt last night (before the deadline) to tell her that I would have to do this today.  Hopefully I'm not kicked out.  So far, no message back.

EDIT:  Just saw the post from ArenaHunt. :)

Ugh!  Life decided to get hectic on me.  Good excuse or bad, it's the truth.  And Black Friday weekend at work has not done anything to help me self-esteem wise or busy wise.

Anyhow, I have been keeping in regular contact, in my opinion; and, I'm really looking forward to sending and receiving cards!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 03:03:19 AM by Arianna »

Offline Arokiss

• Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+54)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: December 01, 2013, 03:34:32 AM »
That's sweet, nessy_86 ^_^

Yes, sad to hear she's hasn't checked in. Like emuel said, hope she's okay.

Can't wait for the addresses  :frolic:

*JM*

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: December 01, 2013, 04:10:22 AM »
Perhaps people who are hand-making their cards should have been informed well in advance of sign-ups that a photograph of the sketchbook page is not what the mods wanted for a "check-in".  :(

I've gotten my envelopes ready for addresses and stamps so hopefully I still get to send out...

*panics and checks her dates*
Are we sending by Dec 2nd or by Dec 9th?  Now I'm really confused...  I'm going to be more than ready to go if they aren't going out until Dec 9th...  Help!  I feel like I'm under serious pressure for tomorrow...  :(

edit:  *whew*  Nope, the date is Dec 9th so I will be more than ready!  :D  Just waiting for addresses!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 04:39:06 AM by lovesbabysquirmy »
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: December 01, 2013, 05:46:06 AM »
I have also sent my check-in photo yesterday - sorry I didn't get to mention it sooner. I planned to do it still on Friday, between getting home from work and leaving to the train station (we were visiting hubby's parents for the weekend), but work was hell, and I almost had problems catching the train. luckily I did manage to take the cards and the cable for my camera with me, so I was able to take a pic of them on Saturday, but as we were not at home, I didn't really have time, nor did I want to sit in front of the computer, reading mails and forums, so I just quickly sent the pic in and went back to the family. thankfully I got a confirmation message from ArenaHunt that they arrived in time ^^

I also hope Pandora is ok, and it's just that life got unexpectedly busy for her :(

I also can't believe it's December already... where did the year go? >_<
my mother would turn 62 today... after more than 3 years I still can't believe she's not with us anymore. December is a very sad month for me without her :(

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline ArenaHunt

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: December 01, 2013, 08:24:33 AM »
Thank you everyone for your check-ins. I'm working on re-shuffling some of the address lists now due to Pandora's disappearance - I do hope she is ok, but I can't hold the swap when I have no idea what is going on there.

Perhaps people who are hand-making their cards should have been informed well in advance of sign-ups that a photograph of the sketchbook page is not what the mods wanted for a "check-in".  :(

I think it's been pretty clear in the rules since the swap was posted that the check-in was for completed postcards (quote below). Forgive me for having to ask for clarification...but after everyone has had a month to get everything finished, and having asked for completed "ready-to-mail" postcards after a month's working time, to just receive a sketch really throws a host off their confidence...

**Photo check-in: November 30.
To prove you are ready to put your cards in the mail, and to get your address lists, everyone must PM me a PHOTO for their check-in.

Anyone that does not submit a photo of their ready-to-mail postcards for the check-in will be dropped from the swap (and appropriate feedback will be left). That means you will not be sent your address list if you don't submit a check-in, and you will not be included on any other address lists (you will not receive any cards from the swap).
The secret swap word is cooper. This is not the same one as the other holiday swaps, please make sure you're sending the right one.

**Swap Timelines:
Nov 30 - photo check in deadline, cards must be complete and ready for mailing

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: December 01, 2013, 08:26:21 AM »
I have an extra postcard ready to go if needed? I did an order an extra just in case :)

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: December 01, 2013, 08:54:58 AM »
Wellll if necessary I can send an extra one, but it would have to be a regular card and not a postcard. I have enough postcards for my partners and then five extras in case one goes missing. I'd hate to use one and then have to send extras and be out of cards. I do have a lot of regular Christmas cards though to take on one as well if needed.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: December 01, 2013, 10:14:49 AM »
I can send an extra if needed, as well!

Offline Katgyrl

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Just a pony and her sewing machine...
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: December 01, 2013, 10:23:36 AM »
My pony postcards I was making didn't work out. :( Luckily I had some backups I was able to send a pic of for my check-in. Good thing I didn't write names on them yet I guess, since lists are being shuffled. I'd be happy to send out an extra card as well.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal