collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: A few thrift store brags--Breezies, Ponyville, G4s, and vintage Polly Pocket!  (Read 651 times)

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
I've not been having much luck thrifting for ponies for the past while... but now, I think my luck is galloping in the right direction again :lol: I'm so pleased with my small finds in the past few weeks that I just had to share!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Three G3 Breezies: Honeydew Hum, Meadow Moon and Azalea Bloom, all pretty close to perfect after their spa visit!

And G4 Pinkie with tinsel, Princess Luna with tinsel, and Cheerilee... with forelock! I didn't even notice til I got home that she had bangs :D The G4s seemed to be in rather rough shape (they looked like little pony tumbleweeds, their hair was that bad) but altogether only cost me $2, so I was pleased anyway... and then, even happier because after deep conditioning and Magic Erasing, Cheerilee and Luna are totally gorgeous! (Pinkie... not so much :drunk: Yeah, that mane's permanently fried :P)

Also, four G3 Ponyvilles--I think it's Desert Rose and Sew-n-So, and two Rainbow Dashes, one with removable hair. And, of course, obligatory McDonalds ponies came along in the thrift baggies too :lol:

And then... vintage Polly Pocket! I couldn't leave these behind--I loooved Polly Pocket as a kid. I could use some help IDing them, if there're any PP collectors here who know what I found? (The ones in bags have figures, which is why they're still in there for safekeeping!)

Cinderella castle, I think? And I believe the yellow compact is a knock-off Snow White?

Carousel, regular sized compact, and a little heart compact with adorable wee flocked puppies. And a thing with a green lid? (McDonalds again?)

I'd been falling out of the habit of going thrifting, but now I'm totally addicted again. The thrill of the hunt! :happy:

Oh, and I'm not 100% settled on what I'm keeping vs trading/selling, so any price checks (on ponies and/or Pollys) would certainly be appreciated :) (Aside from the McDs ponies, heh, I know what they're worth... 'bout the same as poor baity old Pinkie XD)
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline PrincessKelliee

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Ahhhh Pollypocket!!! You never ever see those around anymore, I loved playing with those when I was a kid too

Congratulations!  :biggrin:

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
I have that merry-go-round from childhood ! It is missing the foldable parts on the top and a ticket booth outside in the grass. And the figures, I guess. Does it still spin ? :D

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline Cool.Breeze

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Oh wow! Good finds! I came across a bunch of complete vintage PP playsets at Value Village many months ago, I squealed like a school girl xD big congrats, the PP castle is amazing <3

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Congrats :)

gypsyunicorn

• Trade Count: (0)
Oh I like that styling pony
congrats

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
What a nice assortment of ponies and other items.  No wonder you are back on your thrifting kick!  :D

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Thank you everyone! :lovey: I'm still so chuffed! :D I've decided to keep just Luna and Cheerilee from the ponies. The Breezies are dang cute but I really can't let myself collect them too :lol:

I have that merry-go-round from childhood ! It is missing the foldable parts on the top and a ticket booth outside in the grass. And the figures, I guess. Does it still spin ? :D

It does still spin! And thank you! I figured it must be missing some bits along with the figures... it just doesn't look quite right, it definitely needs a top!

Nice finds! Aw, I loved Polly Pockets. So cute.

IDs for the last photo:
http://www.onlypollypocket.com/1993/Ballerina/ballerina.html
http://www.onlypollypocket.com/1993/Precious_Puppies/precious_puppies.html
http://www.onlypollypocket.com/1995/McDonald_s_Chalet/mcdonald_s_Chalet.html

Thank you tons for this! Awesome! What a great site.

Oh wow! Good finds! I came across a bunch of complete vintage PP playsets at Value Village many months ago, I squealed like a school girl xD big congrats, the PP castle is amazing <3

It IS! I can't believe how many ways it opens up. It needs some cleaning in all those nooks and crannies XD

What a nice assortment of ponies and other items.  No wonder you are back on your thrifting kick!  :D

I'm totally going again tomorrow  :lol:
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
Nice haul, congrats, thrifting is so much fun.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
Nice haul! Cheerilee with forelock how awesome!!
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.

Offline darlingfaerie

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
Ooo! You lucky duck, congrats! :) :heart:

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Great finds!! Congrats!