collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Did I still get a bargain or should i ask for a partial refund? (x-pstd on Nirv)  (Read 1514 times)

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Staff
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Hi Everyone

So on 17 October I was really excited to win my first Birth flower pony via auction on eBay - making me even happier that it was my Birth flower pony :)

It is clear from the seller that they did not know the value of the pony.  This is also verified by the little note she sent in the parcel which states: "My Little Pony has a couple of small marks did not try to clean, thought I may damage her, I am sure that the small marks will come out with a black solution on the end of a cotton bud, this is what I was going to do, thinking she was a $12 pony.  She almost ended up in the Garbage in my clean up".

The link to the auction is below:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/My-Little-Pony-Vintage-1982-By-Hasbro-Collectiable-/130988182656?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&nma=true&si=0vyZXxiVkmOnNdbQjD72GXSOg2M%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

These are the photos I took on arrival:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

When I looked at the pics of the auction, it just appeared to be play wear to me (with the haircut of the tail also) and I could not see the discolouration of the head/body mismatch.

Thoughts?  I was going to write and explain as a collector what this meant and ask for a partial refund or do you think I still got a bargain given the above?  I know pin dot is not impossible to remove but I've heard it isn't the most easy task either and on a valuable pony.   >_<

Spinky.

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Wow, I saw that auction an thought you got a bargain, but far out, you couldn't see any of that in her pics!!
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Staff
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Wow, I saw that auction an thought you got a bargain, but far out, you couldn't see any of that in her pics!!

I haven't been upset about an ebay item in YEARS!  My heart just sank a little because I first read the note and thought "oh yeah, and WHOA! glad it was saved from the trash".  Then I unwrapped her from the bubble wrap.....

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
O_O Oh god, that's gross. I'm sorry this worked out so badly for you! :(

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
it doesn't say anything about the pinmold (think that's what it is)
so i would ask for some of it back. regardless. guessing they had no clue.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Not surprising that she was going to throw the pony away... she was probably surprised you wanted it in such grubby condition.  And yeah it's very hard to pick up in photos....
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Rosse

• Trade Count: (0)
Oh man, poor pony. I can see why you are upset! On the other hand, if you click to enlarge the photos in the auction, I do think the pindot mold is sort of visible...? On the other hand she is definitely not in "good" condition as the auction text stated! I'd probably ask to send it back for a full refund, but if you still want to keep the pony it can't hurt to ask them for a partial; explaining what this "dirt" is and how it wont come off.

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
Id be asking for a partial or full refund on return. She mentioned nothing about any possible flaws or that it was grubby even. Even as a non collector she obviously knew it wasn't in the best shape with that note or she wouldn't have put it in the parcel :(

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
When I look at the photos I can clearly see the pin dot all over the pony.  The thing that is harder to catch even when magnifying the photo is the head mismatch. I don't believe it is the best thing to ask sellers right off the bat for a partial refund.  I do think that letting them know you are not happy and letting them discuss with you what they are willing to do about it is the first step.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
I think that looking at the auction photos after seeing the clear photos here we can see the pindot because we know its there. But if I were initially looking at that auction I would not have thought it was pindot because the photo is grainy and the pindot blends in with the grain. The only place it is clear in the auction photos in the bottom of the hooves, but a little hoof pindot isn't bad. I would never, from those photos, have thought it would be all over the body this badly.

Id be asking for a partial or full refund on return. She mentioned nothing about any possible flaws or that it was grubby even. Even as a non collector she obviously knew it wasn't in the best shape with that note or she wouldn't have put it in the parcel :(

This is my thinking as well. She disclosed no flaws in the auction, but then sent a note saying basically "sorry this pony is flawed." She noticed the problems but didn't disclose them until after the sale. Not cool.

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
...To be honest, I can clearly see the head/body mismatch and pin dot when I zoom in with eBay's zoom. Super disappointing, and to be honest, it was NOT mentioned, so I'd ask for a partial. The photo quality is poor anyway, so you weren't really to know.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
I completely agree with Paints and NoDivision. She pretty much knew it had major issues to begin with. I understand she may not be a collector but even a non-collector would know that it should have been disclosed the thing was covered in tiny black dots. That in my opinion on her end was pretty hard to miss  :huh: But instead she choose to use the words "in good condition". It should have read in in good condition if you want to spend $100 or so dollars and 30 hours of scrubbing to get rid of the pindot.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Tiffymh1fan

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Im attracted to shinny glitter
    • View Profile
I think you got a heck of a deal, Considering the price these normally go for. I could see the pin dots in the pictures. I don't think she, not being a collector has anything to do with it, if anything she probley does not know what the heck is on the pony to begin with. A lot sites for ponys tells you not to try and remove any dirt if you don't know what your doing. They sometimes add what kind of condition the ponys might be such as: bait, fair, good, mint. To Her it was probley just dirt that could be washed away. As far as the hair cut, you already could see that too. She probley doesn't know what link the hair is supposed to be, let alone the month of this pony. Yea its a lot of work. And Im sure you can get that gal to look great again and worth more than what you paid for her. In your defense I think the seller should do her homework or take better pictures next time she sells something that is dirty.
If you was the only one bidding than I would say its not worth it, but someone else did want it too. Yea chances are they may of seen the pony like you did too. But its only worth what people are willing to pay for it.  If I was the seller I would offer you full refund upon returning the pony. 
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 10:30:13 AM by Tiffymh1fan »
Glitter for everyone! :fireworks:

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
I'm not sure how much these go for, but I wouldn't have been happy receiving her like that :( Pindot and head/body mismatch are two of my no-nos in collecting, but I suppose it's all about what bothers a collector. Also, is her tail cut or is it supposed to be that short?
My Wish List

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
I completely agree with Paints and NoDivision. She pretty much knew it had major issues to begin with. I understand she may not be a collector but even a non-collector would know that it should have been disclosed the thing was covered in tiny black dots. That in my opinion on her end was pretty hard to miss  :huh: But instead she choose to use the words "in good condition". It should have read in in good condition if you want to spend $100 or so dollars and 30 hours of scrubbing to get rid of the pindot.

This ^^ . I think something needed to be mentioned in the auction, not after. Poor pony! :( 
On the bright side though, I've cleaned up ponies with Pindot that bad. Do you have Vanish Oxy action (pink tub) and Cif cream (original lemon) where you live? all you need is those, some hot water and a kitchen sponge (with a white rough side not a green one) if you decide to keep the pony. I would offer to do it for you but the shipping would be a pain since I'm in the UK :yikes:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal