collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Did I still get a bargain or should i ask for a partial refund? (x-pstd on Nirv)  (Read 1513 times)

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Staff
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
I completely agree with Paints and NoDivision. She pretty much knew it had major issues to begin with. I understand she may not be a collector but even a non-collector would know that it should have been disclosed the thing was covered in tiny black dots. That in my opinion on her end was pretty hard to miss  :huh: But instead she choose to use the words "in good condition". It should have read in in good condition if you want to spend $100 or so dollars and 30 hours of scrubbing to get rid of the pindot.

This ^^ . I think something needed to be mentioned in the auction, not after. Poor pony! :( 
On the bright side though, I've cleaned up ponies with Pindot that bad. Do you have Vanish Oxy action (pink tub) and Cif cream (original lemon) where you live? all you need is those, some hot water and a kitchen sponge (with a white rough side not a green one) if you decide to keep the pony. I would offer to do it for you but the shipping would be a pain since I'm in the UK :yikes:

Thanks Ringlets - might give this a try.  We have the Vanish and your CIF is our Jiff  :)  not much change in the name hehe. 

I think i'll try give her a scrub in the next couple of days and depending on how that goes as to what I tell the seller. :\

Offline Tiffymh1fan

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Im attracted to shinny glitter
    • View Profile
Aside from the price if you do keep her will you show use some pictures of her all cleaned up & all done?  :) I bet it will look great afterwards. I Love the birthflowers.

Glitter for everyone! :fireworks:

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile

Thanks Ringlets - might give this a try.  We have the Vanish and your CIF is our Jiff  :)  not much change in the name hehe. 

I think i'll try give her a scrub in the next couple of days and depending on how that goes as to what I tell the seller. :\

Awesome :bigups:  Cif used to be called Jiff here too originally . Give her a Vanish Oxy action bath/soak first in the hot water (I dont ever use boiling water myself) - try half an hour to start with, turning her - and you may want to give her hair some conditioner before and after too as vanish can occasionally dry the hair if the soak is long )   , then after that rinse her off and use warm water, Jiff and the sponge to get off the pindot. the warm water will open the pores so its easier to get them cleaned. If the dots are especially tough, repeat the process. be careful when scrubbing with sponge near painted areas like the symbol/eyes/blush - only use the smooth side of the sponge and wipe around those bits- use the rough side on the rest of the body where the pindot is bad :awake:
Hope all goes well :hug:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

StarGleamer

• Trade Count: (0)
On  first look at the photo, I thought it was pin dot mold (without reading your whole post) BUT the photo is grainy and looks like it was taken with a cell phone, so its very hard to see. I think she should refund you some $$, esp cuz she did not know what she had and therefore did not realize that this wasnt just dirt...

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
I hope it's okay that I'm bumping up this thread. I was wondering if you were able to clean her up?

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Staff
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
I hope it's okay that I'm bumping up this thread. I was wondering if you were able to clean her up?

hey sweetie i haven't forgotten pictures i just haven't had the time to finish her off yet. She is half cleaned amd am hoping to finish her soon but it's been pretty busy and stressful here atm. The tips I've received have helped immensely and thd half of her I have done although it's not all gone its very faded :)

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
I'm glad the cleaning is going well :bigups:   Just do a bit when you have the time (trying to shift it all at once can be a heck of a lot of work)  and it'll soon be gone , but it does take longer to get rid of when its so ingrained  :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile

hey sweetie i haven't forgotten pictures i just haven't had the time to finish her off yet. She is half cleaned amd am hoping to finish her soon but it's been pretty busy and stressful here atm. The tips I've received have helped immensely and thd half of her I have done although it's not all gone its very faded :)

That's great news! I'm glad she's looking better! :biggrin: (Hope things in "the real world" calm down for you, though.)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal