collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Did I still get a bargain or should i ask for a partial refund? (x-pstd T/Supp)  (Read 2635 times)

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Staff
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Hi Everyone

So on 17 October I was really excited to win my first Birth flower pony via auction on eBay - making me even happier that it was my Birth flower pony :)

It is clear from the seller that they did not know the value of the pony.  This is also verified by the little note she sent in the parcel which states: "My Little Pony has a couple of small marks did not try to clean, thought I may damage her, I am sure that the small marks will come out with a black solution on the end of a cotton bud, this is what I was going to do, thinking she was a $12 pony.  She almost ended up in the Garbage in my clean up".

The link to the auction is below:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/My-Little-Pony-Vintage-1982-By-Hasbro-Collectiable-/130988182656?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&nma=true&si=0vyZXxiVkmOnNdbQjD72GXSOg2M%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

These are the photos I took on arrival:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

When I looked at the pics of the auction, it just appeared to be play wear to me (with the haircut of the tail also) and I could not see the discolouration of the head/body mismatch.

Thoughts?  I was going to write and explain as a collector what this meant and ask for a partial refund or do you think I still got a bargain given the above?  I know pin dot is not impossible to remove but I've heard it isn't the most easy task either and on a valuable pony.   >_<

Spinky.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
Hopefully someone will have a good idea. You can kinda see the pin dots in the picture, but that also might be that I'm looking for it. Yeah pin dot is either easy to get off or really awful. Poor Argie ponies with it look nasty even when removed with their giant holes. I have no idea if the birth flowers would suffer as badly. Have you tried hot water an soap wih a nail scrubbing just to see if it comes off easily yet?
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Pythia

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
I think you got a pretty good deal, even with the pindot. And yeah, you can see it in the pictures. It doesn't say 'in good condition' or anything, so it's really up to you as the buyer to ask any questions about condition before you buy. I think it'd be rude to ask for a refund.
Looking for: Alternate Birthflowers, Baity wingers, So softs - both minty and for deflocking - and DREAM BEAUTIES!

Offline Tiggums6

• Valkyrie of the Victory
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
That was a great deal, she wasn't a collector, be happy and give Daffodil  a tidy up, she'll look fab!

Sorry my bad i misread, thought it said a MUCH lower price!($12!!!) Can I blame that on my cataract?
Ummm well, bit of  toughie there, the seller might be thinking WOW look at that price but that pindot is pretty awful, you can't just think that's normal...
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 04:26:29 AM by Tiggums6 »
Remember kids....don't drink and ebay...

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
Based on her condition, I think you overpaid, unfortunately. :huh: With the hair cut, mismatched head/body, and severe pin dot I would say she's worth $90-100. I've purchased all 12 Birthflowers in various conditions, and I think I paid around $150 for my Daffodil in very good condition. Best of luck with whatever you decide to do! :hug:

Offline Spinky69er

• Staff
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
I think you got a pretty good deal, even with the pindot. And yeah, you can see it in the pictures. It doesn't say 'in good condition' or anything, so it's really up to you as the buyer to ask any questions about condition before you buy. I think it'd be rude to ask for a refund.

Actually Pythia to quote what the auction reads "Up for auction i have this very cute Pony ,in good condition made by Hasbro 1982 ,Thank you for looking "

That's why i asked the question.  I could understand a non-collector not understanding about a head/body mismatch but when you state "in good condition" i didn't expect this.

Post Merge: October 01, 2013, 04:33:23 AM

That was a great deal, she wasn't a collector, be happy and give Daffodil  a tidy up, she'll look fab!

Sorry my bad i misread, thought it said a MUCH lower price!($12!!!) Can I blame that on my cataract?
Ummm well, bit of  toughie there, the seller might be thinking WOW look at that price but that pindot is pretty awful, you can't just think that's normal...

haha if it was $12 i would be shutting my mouth and taking her to a sink to scrub stat :P

Offline WildBlue

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Possibly maybe
    • View Profile
This may just be my opinion, but I do not see how something you note was going in the garbage could be considered "in good condition" on the listing description?? That doesn't seem fair to me.
The shadows and graininess of the listing pictures hides a lot in my opinion. The picture of the feet is most noticeable but doesn't seem that bad. She looks just a bit dirty with a haircut.
The pictures you took on arrival and the note tell a whole different story than the listing IMHO!
I hope you get a resolution.

Offline Spinky69er

• Staff
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
This may just be my opinion, but I do not see how something you note was going in the garbage could be considered "in good condition" on the listing description?? That doesn't seem fair to me.
The shadows and graininess of the listing pictures hides a lot in my opinion. The picture of the feet is most noticeable but doesn't seem that bad. She looks just a bit dirty with a haircut.
The pictures you took on arrival and the note tell a whole different story than the listing IMHO!
I hope you get a resolution.

Thanks WildBlue.  That's exactly how i felt :\  I might try and explain it to her... see how that works.  I don't want to ask for a lot back, but i do think around the $100 mark might have been a little more fair given the extreme amount of pindot.  I was fine with the haircut - that really wasn't an issue. Chew marks are normally what grinds my gears :P

Offline Tiggums6

• Valkyrie of the Victory
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile

Actually Pythia to quote what the auction reads "Up for auction i have this very cute Pony ,in good condition made by Hasbro 1982 ,Thank you for looking "

That's why i asked the question.  I could understand a non-collector not understanding about a head/body mismatch but when you state "in good condition" i didn't expect this.

haha if it was $12 i would be shutting my mouth and taking her to a sink to scrub stat :P

Sheesh i know, it blocked the crucial '5'!!!!
Remember kids....don't drink and ebay...

Offline Spinky69er

• Staff
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile

Sheesh i know, it blocked the crucial '5'!!!!

haha i saw your comment, then saw your footer for your postings that says "Remember kids....don't drink and ebay..." and made me LOL harder!!!

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
Eeep! Poor pony is pretty gross looking, the good news is she can be cleaned up.

I do think that describing her as in good condition is a bit misleading :(

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

gypsyunicorn

• Trade Count: (0)
I would of ben heartbroken with that
pony hugs in order here
so sorry
that is awful
indeed not good condition
try used good condition

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
I think send her an email and see what she says, she will properly give you a partial refund I reckon

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
Unfortunately, I would agree with the value being about $100 in that condition. The trim you can understand from a non-collector, but the pindot does look pretty noticable in the pic you posted :(

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline PrincessKelliee

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Aww.. I'm sorry for you.
I hope you can remove the pindot..

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal