collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Did I still get a bargain or should i ask for a partial refund? (x-pstd T/Supp)  (Read 2653 times)

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
with the pindot/ mold try exit mold on a hot day and she will come up a treat (but will smell a bit chemically so you will need to sort that out after). Endocat has done it on a few on the mankist ponies I have ever seen in my life and they have come up like new, I am still floored by the difference in them. Anyhow just pm her if you need details I have never done it myself but really I have seen the before and afters and they are great

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
This is a tough one.  I think it ultimately comes down to how much work you are willing to put into her.  I personally think you did overpay for her condition, but if she cleans up better, then it would have been worth it.

I think it would be very wrong to ask the seller for a partial refund, given this seller was obviously someone who is clueless about ponies.  I think you and all the other bidders took a chance on the pony with the given pictres and information.

So, if I were in your shoes, I would either keep her and work with her, or return her for a full refund.  I would not do the inbetween, but that is up to you.

I do feel for you on this though.  It is a tough situation!

Offline ponybanker

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
I would be dissapointed as well with the pindot and head/body mismatch. However i guess if those things are easily cleaned then i wouldnt be as upset, but it looks like it will take some elbow grease to clean her up.

Offline zora

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
hot almost boiling water, dish soap and a fingernail - scratch it off and she will be white again. the hot water opens the pores and the black stuff will come off. ^^
Former Nirvana and BigBro Collector

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
i would be happy :)  funny i spent the same amount on this pony here a few years ago and knew i didn't care what the description said on her i just hit the BN before anybody else did.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

for a picky collector i really don't mind pindot mold as i know it always comes out. it took 2 oxy clean baths and the remainder came out/faded when i was sun-fading the pink high lighter marks (that was all over her body) out of her  :biggrin:
hope this makes you feel better, i would buy her in a flash for $12.  ;)

after picture with her friend
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 10:44:55 AM by shabbychicdee »

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Ohh poor pony , I have never seen pin dot that bad in person.

Offline Ice_gypsy

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
i agree that the graininess of the sellers photos does hide the pindots pretty well.. you can see a bit on the bottom of the feet photo but otherwise its not so obvious
even someone who knows nothing about an item should be able to tell that it has these strange little black dots all over that sort of look like a mold of some kind and should have mentioned that instead of just saying that it was in good condition

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal