collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Worst Pony Name You've Ever Heard  (Read 11727 times)

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
Re: The Worst Pony Name You've Ever Heard
« Reply #150 on: December 07, 2013, 06:13:41 AM »

I also don't like Pinkie Pie, because it always used to bother me (and it still does) what balloons have to do with the word Pinkie Pie? Maybe Party Pie would have made more sense?
Well to be fair, it was never mandatory that the pony's name had to match their cutie mark/symbol.  Many of them do, but many others don't.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #151 on: December 08, 2013, 07:22:17 AM »
I didn't have the energy to go trough all the pages, but I do have to mention Talk-A-Lot, since she hadn't had any calls by the end of page 4.  :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline MaronaPossessed

• The Good Troll on the Internet
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ...Because the internet needs more of these
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 08, 2013, 08:33:25 AM »
I didn't have the energy to go trough all the pages, but I do have to mention Talk-A-Lot, since she hadn't had any calls by the end of page 4.  :P
Talk-A-Lot...hmm *imagines on FiM show*

"So like I went to the Sugarcube Corner and asked 'hey do you have any sugarcubes?' and the owner was like 'no we're sold out dearie' and I'm like 'whaaaa? no way! your bakery's name is Sugarcube Corner!' so I walked out feeling bummed, and then Lily Valley was carrying a bushel of lillies and I asked her 'hey where you going with all those lillies' and she was all 'oh getting ready for the florist contest. I hope to take first prize' so I figured I give her some tips, right? well turns out she thinks I gave her a little too much information and I'm like 'what do you mean' and she's all 'I think you're trying to help me too much...you just talk...too much' and I'm like 'excuse me?!' I mean come on of course you would be mad if somepony told you that- hey where you going?! you're just gonna walk away like Lily did, aren't you? well you could have given an excuse like- oh fine be that way...reminds me of the time Minuette was blablablahblah..."
G4 Blind Bag Extraordinaire

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 09, 2013, 03:17:56 AM »

"So like I went to the Sugarcube Corner and asked 'hey do you have any sugarcubes?' and the owner was like 'no we're sold out dearie' and I'm like 'whaaaa? no way! your bakery's name is Sugarcube Corner!' so I walked out feeling bummed, and then Lily Valley was carrying a bushel of lillies and I asked her 'hey where you going with all those lillies' and she was all 'oh getting ready for the florist contest. I hope to take first prize' so I figured I give her some tips, right? well turns out she thinks I gave her a little too much information and I'm like 'what do you mean' and she's all 'I think you're trying to help me too much...you just talk...too much' and I'm like 'excuse me?!' I mean come on of course you would be mad if somepony told you that- hey where you going?! you're just gonna walk away like Lily did, aren't you? well you could have given an excuse like- oh fine be that way...reminds me of the time Minuette was blablablahblah..."
There's already a Talk-A-Lot on MLP:FiM...her name's 'Pinkie Pie' :P
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 09, 2013, 03:39:43 AM »

There's already a Talk-A-Lot on MLP:FiM...her name's 'Pinkie Pie' :P
Off-Topic, but on the subject; am I really the only one that thought that "Magic Dual" was going to end with Pinkie getting her mouth back, and then going on, and on, and on about how bad it was for her not being able to talk... so Twilight makes her mouth dissapear again (it was Trixie the first time)?

It would have been out of character, but it just seemed like the direction they were heading in - especially as characters did act OOC in season 3 for the benifit of a scene...
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline June

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 28, 2013, 07:23:00 AM »
Toola Roola (because it's very awkward to pronounce)
Fifi (it's a name for a poodle, not a pony)
"Her Majesty" prefixes in G2
Crimson Gala (reminds me of Red Wedding...)
Random names for G4 BB consisting of word "dazzle", "shine" etc. It's like they just use some kind of name generator.

Skitterbug

« Reply #156 on: December 28, 2013, 07:36:32 AM »
Dr. Whooves...

Really fandom and Hasbro? REALLY?! :huh:

Be happy they couldn't use the name "Colgate". XD

"Minuette" suits her mark much better, anyways. Don't know if a toothpaste/dentist pony would have received an hourglass cutiemark... lol. And I say that as someone who actually likes the fanon name for her.

Was I the only kid who got those little hourglasses from the dentist to measure how long to brush my teeth?

A bit of a tentative connection, but it just popped into my head. Had to say something :P

Fisha Seabreeze

« Reply #157 on: December 28, 2013, 08:34:35 AM »
I have to agree that Tootie Tails does sound like a goofy name. >_<

Offline June

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 28, 2013, 08:40:43 AM »
Dr. Whooves...

Really fandom and Hasbro? REALLY?! :huh:

Be happy they couldn't use the name "Colgate". XD

"Minuette" suits her mark much better, anyways. Don't know if a toothpaste/dentist pony would have received an hourglass cutiemark... lol. And I say that as someone who actually likes the fanon name for her.

Was I the only kid who got those little hourglasses from the dentist to measure how long to brush my teeth?

A bit of a tentative connection, but it just popped into my head. Had to say something :P
Hahaha I sometimes use mine (it is glued to the wall, so why not :P ) and I'd never thought of that.

Offline Eurocoin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 28, 2013, 09:56:49 AM »
In general I hate all the fanon names that have "Hooves" as the latter part of the name. So boring. And of course :muffin:. Not because I think it's offensive but because it's just internet slang. It's like calling a pony "Lulzy" and another one "X.D. Trollolo".

In official G4 comics (Pinkie Pie Micro-Series issue) there was actually a pony named Trollo Lollo.

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 28, 2013, 10:09:10 AM »
In general I hate all the fanon names that have "Hooves" as the latter part of the name. So boring. And of course :muffin:. Not because I think it's offensive but because it's just internet slang. It's like calling a pony "Lulzy" and another one "X.D. Trollolo".

In official G4 comics (Pinkie Pie Micro-Series issue) there was actually a pony named Trollo Lollo.

Oh waw, that is really bad. XD
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 29, 2013, 02:26:50 AM »
Hanging out with Talk-a-ot is Chatterbox. Really? They only say 3 phrases each! I'd LOVE poonies called Blabbermouth and Yip Yap!

Offline Poster

• Colorswirl Pony
  • Beeeee fliiiiies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 30, 2013, 03:18:04 PM »
Soakey Dokey.

Just... Soakey Dokey.

I groan every time.

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 31, 2013, 07:11:57 AM »
"Princess Erroria": I know it's only the brony fan name, but I still don't like it. Most of the fan names have some level of thought put into them but this doesn't for me.

She's the G4 who appeared as an alicorn once due to a drawing error.  She had a better name forher qt first, but she became Princess Erroria.  Seriously she's named after an error?

This was done on a phine, I'pl get the typos later.  Silorry

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 31, 2013, 12:23:44 PM »
"Princess Erroria": I know it's only the brony fan name, but I still don't like it. Most of the fan names have some level of thought put into them but this doesn't for me.

She's the G4 who appeared as an alicorn once due to a drawing error.  She had a better name forher qt first, but she became Princess Erroria.  Seriously she's named after an error?

This was done on a phine, I'pl get the typos later.  Silorry
Never heard of her :P what does she look like?
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal