collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is it just me that can't stand Equestria Daily?  (Read 8446 times)

Pinecone

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Is it just me that can't stand Equestria Daily?
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2013, 07:21:45 PM »
Silly question: why a no fanfic option?  I'm certain there is a semi logical reason, but most of my brain is asleep ATM.
My guess that is that a lot of people don't like fanfiction and just want to see toys/convention announcements/episode discussions, etc.

Also some of the people who work on the show read it and they're not supposed to read fanfic.

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2013, 07:57:26 PM »
About the april fools, If I'm not mistaken besides mocking the G1 artwork they also were mocking some pics from real customized main 6 into G1 from real customizers from DA ?

They had a caption were it says like everypony will now be turned into G1s forever dooming all stuff including toys the merchendise or something like that ... that's was pretty inmature and extremely rude to the customizer's hard work and how discriminative they can be some people.

I know! Especially G1 Twilight Sparkle custom, I actually really like her! =O and Those G3 customs were pretty cool but ppl were like "why do these exist?" =(

Yeah it was pretty horrible, that was like school bully stuff , to make sadistic fun of other people interests and  hard work (artists) , as I see it is a way they desesperate try to calm their insecurety because they can't figure out how there can be people who could like anything  MLP that isn't G4

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2013, 08:04:36 PM »
I looked through the April Fools posts; the comments on early-gen customs were just disgusting. "Omg whyyyyy" "kill it with fire!!!" Such nastiness...

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2013, 08:37:05 PM »
I stopped reading it after I found this place.   You guys are all great.  <3
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Sakuyamon

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • artist for hire
    • View Profile
    • http://Sakuyamon.deviantart.com
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2013, 10:21:45 PM »
Sadly but honestly, I find that often there is hate on both sides :( , there is always gonna be barriers because everybody got individual tastes and we all have things we dont like. I ignore generation hate comments and such because there is no need to get worked up about it, we all have the right to state our opinion as long as it is not meant to bully someone, besides, most who do these sort of comments tend to be very immature guys who probably is just on the bandwagon of MLPs popularity right now...Those guys are some of the more vocal people anyway, the more mature guys wont do such comments and thus they arent seen as much and it leaves the wrong impression of bronies and EQD, but Im sure you guys know that already.
Those kind of people are everywhere not just on EQD, even we have haters here. Haters gonna hate, all we can do is try to ease those guys into getting used to older gens with art and such, maybe then they might start liking it more, and maybe mature a bit as well.

Offline BrightIdea

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2013, 02:01:39 AM »
Oh EQD. They do have some good points that make them tolerable enough. I like hearing about news and live streams from there.

I do get annoyed by some of the posts there, though. Their reports on new merch are so awkward. They have a pretty bad track record for passing judgement on a new toy and say "a pretty good fake" or call something legit before they have any information on it. I think they also forget who their audience is sometimes and report about things that 99 percent of their readers are probably not interested in. That is just my opinion though.

I prefer hearing my merch/toys news from here, because people are more generally more enthused about it. Also there is no terrible comments section here.

Offline Oak23

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://kd-230692.deviantart.com/
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2013, 02:13:52 AM »
I remember I was told that I won the EQD Collection Contest by Sethisto yet there was no winners announced publicly and my prize never came in the mail :/

Offline Pony Adventures

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • IRL Pony Adventures
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2013, 02:56:45 AM »
I make an effort to avoid EqD at all costs.

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2013, 05:49:49 AM »
I don't visit EQD as often as I used to.  When I did it was for Fan Fiction stories that I was reading, some of the fanmade customs/artwork/plushies which were really good, now I think its all samey and meh.

Now I occasionally go to see some of the Merch and other news.  I am not into the "music", most of the stuff they call music is just noise to me - perhaps I am showing my age here  :blush:

I don't read the comments, I reckon most of them are made by bronies who have little to no idea of the previous generations and conveniently forget that without the previous generations of ponies, there would be no FiM.

Lightning Twirl

« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2013, 06:58:48 AM »
I forgot to mention I do go on there sometimes to hunt for pre-order coupons! Sometimes Toywiz will give EQD special 10% off codes, I recently got $6 off a preorder for all 12 of the new Mini Funko blindboxes! Some things are good about EQD...

Im glad you guys posted something about a "non-fanfic mode" or merchandise section- its a bit more tolerable. LOL they posted a picture of the new Rainbow Power FS Fluttershy and said something funny... "Sometimes I wonder how all you hardcore collectors out there can keep up with all these variations on pony toys" LOL its called Strawberryreef, Seth! xD

No pony website is better for news like the Arena for me, I always come here first to find out whats new and happening!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2013, 07:05:18 AM »
I used to go on there to see the customs, since there were a lot of artists who didn't come here but then I got busy and just kinda stopped.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2013, 07:27:51 AM »
I'm pretty sure Sethisto is a furry and so....any kind of artwork of ponies in "that way" is probably something he's into? I have no problem with it as long as I'm not seeing any um "parts" on the homepage, haha. ^^;

I would like to point out that not all furries are into that stuff. However, it's pretty well kown that Seth used to have a thing for Cynder the dragon before moving on to Trixie. So yeah, he does seem to like ponies "that way". ^^;

The problem with EQD is basicly how it is being run. If the mods are ok with bashing old gens, saucy ponies and letting nasty comments slide than you can't be surpised it attracts that kind of crowd. The reason why the arena is one of the nicest communities is because the mods quickly beat down the biggest problems. Behaviour like that is simply not tolerated. Either way, EQD has become one of the biggest and most popular communities. We know Hasbro, Welovefine and some other companies check it out. I do feel EQD should set more of a positive example.

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2013, 07:35:56 AM »
I'm pretty sure Sethisto is a furry and so....any kind of artwork of ponies in "that way" is probably something he's into? I have no problem with it as long as I'm not seeing any um "parts" on the homepage, haha. ^^;

I would like to point out that not all furries are into that stuff.
Seconded, it's the same as thinking that the brony fandom (or the pony fandom entirely, now that it's been brought to my attention that "brony" began with G4) is only interested in the Rule 34 side to it.  The furry fandom is actually very artistic and creative, basically like the better area of the brony/pony fandom.

Why is it that all outsiders of every fandom think that it's about the sexual stuff, when there's plenty of people of said fandoms, that can't stand that side to it?
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2013, 10:15:05 AM »
I like the site, but I never ever read the comments section.  Why upset myself? Judging by just the articles, I honestly don't see a lot of hate for previous gens, if anything I see some respect for them.
I'll put something here some time

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2013, 10:23:21 AM »

Im glad you guys posted something about a "non-fanfic mode" or merchandise section- its a bit more tolerable. LOL they posted a picture of the new Rainbow Power FS Fluttershy and said something funny... "Sometimes I wonder how all you hardcore collectors out there can keep up with all these variations on pony toys"

Wow, really?

Well see, that is kind of disappointing, that a so called 'news' site where people don't research the subject they're new site is supposed to be all about.

But then I have to ask, seriously? You can't keep up with G4? It's the same pony over and over. Then you have the internet where people do the research for you...how is that hard to keep up with?

Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal