collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is it just me that can't stand Equestria Daily?  (Read 8522 times)

Offline melipuffles

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Is it just me that can't stand Equestria Daily?
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2013, 12:24:50 PM »
I'm pretty sure Sethisto is a furry and so....any kind of artwork of ponies in "that way" is probably something he's into? I have no problem with it as long as I'm not seeing any um "parts" on the homepage, haha. ^^;

I would like to point out that not all furries are into that stuff. However, it's pretty well kown that Seth used to have a thing for Cynder the dragon before moving on to Trixie. So yeah, he does seem to like ponies "that way". ^^;

The problem with EQD is basicly how it is being run. If the mods are ok with bashing old gens, saucy ponies and letting nasty comments slide than you can't be surpised it attracts that kind of crowd. The reason why the arena is one of the nicest communities is because the mods quickly beat down the biggest problems. Behaviour like that is simply not tolerated. Either way, EQD has become one of the biggest and most popular communities. We know Hasbro, Welovefine and some other companies check it out. I do feel EQD should set more of a positive example.

I wasn't saying all furries are into that. I know that they're not, but I know from various other places that he is into that stuff. (Sites I won't mention here because of younger members)  :blush:

I am aware not all furries are into sexualized artwork, but I was saying that him being one is probably a good reason he'd post artwork like that or be OK with it.
I've seen amazing furry artwork and amazing fursuits. I could've worded it better but I also enjoy rule 34 myself, so I don't see anything wrong with it as long as very sexual stuff isn't shown around kids, like on the home page.

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2013, 12:32:09 PM »
I don't frequent ED... I guess I'm of the mind that if you don't like something, don't go there. *shrug*
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2013, 12:42:45 PM »
Can we stick to the topic please? I know that largely that is what people are trying to do but can we please remember the nature of the Arena and perhaps avoid some subject matters which may sit uncomfortably?
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2013, 01:29:25 PM »
I like the site, but I never ever read the comments section.  Why upset myself? Judging by just the articles, I honestly don't see a lot of hate for previous gens, if anything I see some respect for them.
That's an interesting point.  I'll check out the articles again sometime.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
Re: Is it just me that can\'t stand Equestria Daily?
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2013, 01:38:27 PM »
I'm pretty sure Sethisto is a furry and so....any kind of artwork of ponies in "that way" is probably something he's into? I have no problem with it as long as I'm not seeing any um "parts" on the homepage, haha. ^^;

I would like to point out that not all furries are into that stuff. However, it's pretty well kown that Seth used to have a thing for Cynder the dragon before moving on to Trixie. So yeah, he does seem to like ponies "that way". ^^;

The problem with EQD is basicly how it is being run. If the mods are ok with bashing old gens, saucy ponies and letting nasty comments slide than you can't be surpised it attracts that kind of crowd. The reason why the arena is one of the nicest communities is because the mods quickly beat down the biggest problems. Behaviour like that is simply not tolerated. Either way, EQD has become one of the biggest and most popular communities. We know Hasbro, Welovefine and some other companies check it out. I do feel EQD should set more of a positive example.

I wasn't saying all furries are into that. I know that they're not, but I know from various other places that he is into that stuff. (Sites I won't mention here because of younger members)  :blush:

I am aware not all furries are into sexualized artwork, but I was saying that him being one is probably a good reason he'd post artwork like that or be OK with it.
I've seen amazing furry artwork and amazing fursuits. I could've worded it better but I also enjoy rule 34 myself, so I don't see anything wrong with it as long as very sexual stuff isn't shown around kids, like on the home page.

Please please do not even go any further into talking about stuff that really is not appropriate on a child and collectors toy site. Thanks.

Post Merge: September 22, 2013, 01:39:13 PM

Can we stick to the topic please? I know that largely that is what people are trying to do but can we please remember the nature of the Arena and perhaps avoid some subject matters which may sit uncomfortably?

This. Come on guys, you know better than to talk about stuff that is NOT anywhere near PG13.
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2013, 01:46:02 PM »
To be honest I refuse to even go to the site, because most brony communities raise my blood pressure.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Archer

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/manga_mayhem/index.html
« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2013, 01:58:30 PM »
TBH i don't really find anything wrong with EqD and i go there daily. I know there are issues with how it is run and i've heard various things about the mods there, but i don't go there to care about behind the scenes stuff. I go there because it's the best place to find out the latest pony news, and in that respect it does it's job just fine. Plus i enjoy looking through the plushie and art threads they post :) And now they're doing cosplay which will always get a big thumbs up from me :D

I'm also not too bothered if they don't even like other pony gens. So many collectors have a gen that they dislike and TBH it doesn't bother me if someone doesn't like the same things i do. Plus the gen that gets the most hate in the comments over there is G3.5 and lets all be honest, those things are creepy anyway lol ^_~

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2013, 02:14:51 PM »
I check the site fairly frequently to catch up on merchandise news. I know that a lot of their information comes from this very form as well as other fan sites, but I tend to miss some new merchandise posts here in the din of general Pony goodness. :)

All in all, I am not bothered by the website, but every once in a while I have to roll my eyes. Most often, the cause is their apparent blatant denial of the fact that the target demographic for this line is little girls.

They said this of the 4DE Twilight Sparkle plush:

I said it in the last post, and I'll say it here again, these are essentially the We Love Fine of pony plushies.  Little Girls are not the focus here. That's collector level Minky fabric and full embroidery with cutie marks on both sides show-style.

... Because everybody knows that little girls hate soft minky fabric and extra pretty details. Right? Yeah. That's definitely icky boy stuff! :P

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2013, 02:16:27 PM »
Hahha, EQD just scooped us all on a bunch of new blind bag character packs. I guess what goes around comes around.

Offline melipuffles

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2013, 02:18:00 PM »
I'm sorry, I was trying to say that I wasn't going to get more into it because of kids on the site.... I didn't realize I  went to far in what I said.   :(

Didn't mean to offend anyone and my response was actually trying to say that but I'm not so great with wording stuff.

I will disappear now embarassed! *woosh*

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 22, 2013, 02:18:31 PM »
Agreed 100,000%. I think it should be very telling that the head editor Sethisto only started the blog as a reaction from getting banned from a certain site.

Imagine all of the terrible behavior that's tolerated on the certain site... now imagine being so terrible you get BANNED. It explains why EqD is so terrible!

[edit ~ many thanks ~ hathorcat]
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 03:09:18 PM by hathorcat »
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #71 on: September 22, 2013, 02:35:31 PM »
I went to Equestria Daily once, only because I kept seeing it mentioned here and there and wondered what it was. Never returned.

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
« Reply #72 on: September 22, 2013, 02:48:27 PM »
I browse it daily, even multiple times daily and am not really bothered by the comments as it's their opinion on things.

Offline Kaeldre

• Goa'uld System Lord
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "The best advice I've found is don't look down."
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 22, 2013, 06:18:03 PM »
Even in the early days I was never able to stomach it.  I knew several people that submitted fanfiction (really good stuff, mind you) and they just got torn apart. :<  That and the fact that I was bothered by how...racy it tended to be.  PG-13 fanfiction everywhere, some PG-13-filled drawfriends...

To be completely honest, I had almost forgotten about them until I saw this thread. XD

"When someone asks me if I give up, I say 'Not until I'm dead'.  And sometimes not even then." ~ Daniel Jackson
"Asking a Ferengi to play a Cardassian game is like asking a Klingon to chew with his mouth closed." ~ Elim Garak

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2013, 09:27:38 PM »
I find myself lost with the references of non-MLP things, etc the few times I pop on there, so I kind of stay away. If I need new pony news, I come on here or MyLittlePonyCollector or tumblr
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal