collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Little Pony Mystery Minis (Funko)  (Read 77756 times)

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Pony Mystery Minis (Funko)
« Reply #540 on: August 08, 2014, 11:18:06 AM »
Reposting from elsewhere:

This whole idea of the normal figures being the one you need to spend extra money and time on acquiring is just so weird. It’s like they’re openly admitting that painting the other figures black makes them worse and you’re only buying them because the chances are against you. Is there anything else in the world that works like this?

I was SO thinking the same thing. Why make the hard to find ones the regular versions of ponies.  It is just plain odd.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MoondancerMilkyWay

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • you've got to pony while the pony is pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: August 08, 2014, 11:23:28 AM »
I've just decided that I'll get what I get when I can. these have become Malibu Stacy with hats.
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~
"I'm not going to buy every Malibu Stacy with a hat"  - ponyqueen

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: August 08, 2014, 11:30:51 AM »
Reposting from elsewhere:

This whole idea of the normal figures being the one you need to spend extra money and time on acquiring is just so weird. It’s like they’re openly admitting that painting the other figures black makes them worse and you’re only buying them because the chances are against you. Is there anything else in the world that works like this?

I was SO thinking the same thing. Why make the hard to find ones the regular versions of ponies.  It is just plain odd.
Maybe because they know that there are fans that just love having "show accurate MLP merchandise". So maybe they thought "oh if we make the show accurate ones hard to find, it will cause said fans to buy MORE of the blind boxes, in hopes of getting one!!"
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Gloomygirl777

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #543 on: August 08, 2014, 11:47:58 AM »
Paint your own exclusives. This will be a cinch when I do Lyra, Spitfire, and Fluttershy from the extras I already have.
That's what I'll probably do. 1/72 for a show accurate color is ridiculous to me. At least GitD Discord makes sense.

Heck, if someone really wanted to, they could get a Discord and paint it to be a GitD (granted, the glow wont look nearly as good as the real thing.

I don't think he is gitd I think he might just be clear crystal since it doesn't say gitd on the box like it did for :muffin: Pony and DJ. One way or another I will have them all.

Woohoo!!! Go Aquatic Neon!!!!!! :biggrin:

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #544 on: August 08, 2014, 11:52:25 AM »
Paint your own exclusives. This will be a cinch when I do Lyra, Spitfire, and Fluttershy from the extras I already have.
That's what I'll probably do. 1/72 for a show accurate color is ridiculous to me. At least GitD Discord makes sense.

Heck, if someone really wanted to, they could get a Discord and paint it to be a GitD (granted, the glow wont look nearly as good as the real thing.

I don't think he is gitd I think he might just be clear crystal since it doesn't say gitd on the box like it did for :muffin: Pony and DJ. One way or another I will have them all.

Woohoo!!! Go Aquatic Neon!!!!!! :biggrin:

Thanks! haha I will do my best probably will end up having to get a couple of them on ebay I'm sure but oh wells... well see! #theyneedareleasedate

For Sale Wants

AppleDash1

« Reply #545 on: August 08, 2014, 12:03:01 PM »
It is disappointing but not unexpected since Funko does this with all the minis. I was expecting this last time and was shocked you could get everything if you buy the whole box.
I wonder if there will be 2 you can only get in the regular boxes like the glow DJ and :muffin: Pony.

Offline Violet CLM

• Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: August 08, 2014, 12:18:46 PM »
Maybe because they know that there are fans that just love having "show accurate MLP merchandise". So maybe they thought "oh if we make the show accurate ones hard to find, it will cause said fans to buy MORE of the blind boxes, in hopes of getting one!!"
Oh, that part for sure. I just wonder if there's any possible way this can be framed as good for the customer.

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #547 on: August 08, 2014, 12:36:43 PM »
To be honest, I think 1/72 odds is more respectable for something that is suppose to be htf. It was kinda lame when all you had to do was buy an entire unopened box to get everyone.

::braces for the fakie missile impacts::

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: August 08, 2014, 12:39:40 PM »
It's a pretty brilliant marketing strategy, and not unique to Funko.

I am going to TRY so hard not to buy entire cases just to "chase" the chase, but am already thinking about how I might go about it... Stop that brain!

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: August 08, 2014, 12:47:59 PM »
To be honest, I think 1/72 odds is more respectable for something that is suppose to be htf. It was kinda lame when all you had to do was buy an entire unopened box to get everyone.

Hehe, as someone who actually dislikes the whole "blind box/bag" thing when it comes to figures and whatnot, I liked how you could get all of them if you bought a whole case. However I dont mind the idea of a chase figure - I just dont think it should be the show-accurate ones that are the 1/72 chases (as much as I hate the term show-accurate when it comes to MLP). ^^; Glitters? Yeah. GitD? Totally. Show-accutare onew? I just feel it's wrong.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

• View Profile
« Reply #550 on: August 08, 2014, 12:59:45 PM »

I'm disowning you.
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #551 on: August 08, 2014, 01:18:44 PM »

I'm disowning you.

I know! I'm sorry! I totally had tons of fun when we were buying these together, but you gotta admit it kinda felt like cheating, right?  :P

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #552 on: August 08, 2014, 01:57:00 PM »
These  will be harder to get  , I hated it  last time ,  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: I don't think I will play the game this time :(  marked  for "skip them all"  maybe I will just wait until they are like 3 dollars each already open ,like series 1 is turning to be on e bay and here   :)  , otherwise  skip mode for them , just not a must have for me this time around :) .
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

• View Profile
« Reply #553 on: August 08, 2014, 02:12:14 PM »

I'm disowning you.

I know! I'm sorry! I totally had tons of fun when we were buying these together, but you gotta admit it kinda felt like cheating, right?  :P

cheating is when I bought a box and then returned the rest after I got the ones I needed!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 02:25:27 PM by MoondancerMilkyWay »

AJLareneg

« Reply #554 on: August 08, 2014, 03:17:10 PM »
yea im not paying millions of dollars for a tiny accurate colored lyra. e_e; I'm sorry Lyra, as much as I like you, that is just too much. lol. I don't have any of the accurate colored ones anyway so she wouldn't fit in with the collection as it is. :b

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal