collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Little Pony Mystery Minis (Funko)  (Read 77726 times)

Gloomygirl777

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: My Little Pony Mystery Minis (Funko)
« Reply #525 on: August 08, 2014, 07:39:38 AM »

Offline MoondancerMilkyWay

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • you've got to pony while the pony is pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: August 08, 2014, 07:41:08 AM »
*quits*

:lol: Agreed!!

seriously!! You will need to buy many, many boxes. At this point I'm thinking the box size will either be 12 or maybe 18. not 24. surely it wouldnt be 36?! How many boxes am I going to "have" to buy to get the complete collection? No idea. So I may just sit this one out. I haven't decided yet.
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~
"I'm not going to buy every Malibu Stacy with a hat"  - ponyqueen

Gloomygirl777

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #527 on: August 08, 2014, 07:45:43 AM »
Yea....1 out of 72 seems like a little more than a chase. Even if I wanted to find them...I wouldn't have the money to do it. Good luck you guys. Will be interested to see if anybody gets one :)

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: August 08, 2014, 07:49:00 AM »
...Yeah I can live without the mini accurate Lyra. Not worth spending the amount of money it would take to get her when it can go on other things  :lol:

I think the more difficult they make it to get something, the less interested I am in it *shrugs*. I think the Ebay scalpers are gonna be skipping to Hot Topic once they get wind of thing, though.

Looks like I'll just be getting the Daring Do, Twilights, and one of the Trixies. Maybe a Discord. Are the show-accurate ones matte like the black ones, or shiny like the big ones?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 08:44:31 AM by CupidStrikes »
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Eurocoin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: August 08, 2014, 07:54:06 AM »
It seems from that picture, that HT (big) box has 18 figures/small boxes and each (big) box has one of those four HT exclusive figures.

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: August 08, 2014, 08:08:17 AM »
From this wave, I just want to get a Discord and the Rarity. I could care less about Discord being GitD, so I guess yay for that? Still, not really looking forward to seeing how much the HT exclusives will go for on eBay. xD:
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: August 08, 2014, 08:31:38 AM »
I think the more difficult they make it to get something, the less interested I am in it *shrugs*.

Same here.  It is one thing when you are hunting down an exclusive and watching for it to go for sale, and it is another when it is blind and you have no idea if you are just wasting money chasing after wild geese. 

WASTING money on a rare rare chance. 

Post Merge: August 08, 2014, 08:32:16 AM

By the way...is the glow Pinkie in the HT boxes or elsewhere?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: August 08, 2014, 08:42:05 AM »
I was just wondering when Funko would do this-

Unicorno chase ponies are 1/24, 1/72 and 1/200 !!

I will definitely not be killing myself to get these.  I've already painted myself a pretty good "show accurate color" Fluttershy anyway :D

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #533 on: August 08, 2014, 08:55:56 AM »
Paint your own exclusives. This will be a cinch when I do Lyra, Spitfire, and Fluttershy from the extras I already have.

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: August 08, 2014, 10:00:51 AM »
Paint your own exclusives. This will be a cinch when I do Lyra, Spitfire, and Fluttershy from the extras I already have.
That's what I'll probably do. 1/72 for a show accurate color is ridiculous to me. At least GitD Discord makes sense.

Heck, if someone really wanted to, they could get a Discord and paint it to be a GitD (granted, the glow wont look nearly as good as the real thing.

Offline MoondancerMilkyWay

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • you've got to pony while the pony is pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: August 08, 2014, 10:14:27 AM »

I'm all for this. I believe I have more than a few extras!

Post Merge: August 08, 2014, 10:15:15 AM

That's what I'll probably do. 1/72 for a show accurate color is ridiculous to me. At least GitD Discord makes sense.

Heck, if someone really wanted to, they could get a Discord and paint it to be a GitD (granted, the glow wont look nearly as good as the real thing.

heck, I'll just invest in some resin or vinyl and GITD stuff myself and make it like they do. STILL would be cheaper!!
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~
"I'm not going to buy every Malibu Stacy with a hat"  - ponyqueen

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #536 on: August 08, 2014, 10:15:25 AM »

I don't think he is gitd I think he might just be clear crystal since it doesn't say gitd on the box like it did for :muffin: Pony and DJ. One way or another I will have them all.

For Sale Wants

Offline Violet CLM

• Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: August 08, 2014, 10:31:35 AM »
Reposting from elsewhere:

This whole idea of the normal figures being the one you need to spend extra money and time on acquiring is just so weird. It’s like they’re openly admitting that painting the other figures black makes them worse and you’re only buying them because the chances are against you. Is there anything else in the world that works like this?

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: August 08, 2014, 10:48:09 AM »

I don't think he is gitd I think he might just be clear crystal since it doesn't say gitd on the box like it did for :muffin: Pony and DJ. One way or another I will have them all.
Your post got me thinking: if he isnt a GitD, i think he just might be a "stone/statue" version. You know, like how he was locked up in stone as a statue for all those years before he broke free? I admit, that is pretty neat/interesting, considering.

...I could still potentially paint that, though. xD I do have some pearl acrylic paint I could use on a Discord, so he could look all fancy, lol. Like a marble statue or something.

Offline Eurocoin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: August 08, 2014, 11:15:37 AM »

But the Discord art on the box is pretty much how Funko has illustrated their GitD figures lately.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal