collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Firefly and Illustrated Book  (Read 38742 times)

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
Re: Firefly and Illustrated Book
« Reply #465 on: April 10, 2014, 12:09:07 AM »
Hohohoh oh my gosh I'm so glad I waited for pictures, she really just looks like a fakie to me. They tried to replicate the pose but it just looks so wrong, and awkward necklines like that drive me crazy :P
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: April 10, 2014, 12:15:43 AM »
This thread is now so brony-esque...
I don't understand what you mean. :x
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #467 on: April 10, 2014, 12:17:15 AM »
I think she's a thousand times better than the sad sad Collector Pony repros.  Much higher quality.

Really? I didn't know the Collector Pony reproductions were low quality. Are you referring to the 25th Anniversary Ponies? I remember seeing them in stores and thinking they looked well-done. Of course, maybe I would have thought different if I'd bought them and taken them out of the boxes....

They were awful.  (IMO).  Nasty hard plastic, thin cheap hair, thin manes and SUPER thin tails.  They also have a tendency to fall forward onto their faces because the real flat-footed Collector ponies were sort of weight back by their tails . . .

Then to top it off half of them had the wrong colors.  I mean, yes, Blossom was purple, but not that shade of purple and Cotton Candy didn't have dark pink hair.

I think their symbols must rub off easily too, because I keep seeing them at the thrift store with parts of their rumps blank?

Their plastic quality and hair quality / quantity were what bothered me the most, though.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline BerryMouse

• Starry-eyed idealist pony
  • Trade Count: (+622)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • BerryMouse Custom Ponies & more
« Reply #468 on: April 10, 2014, 12:20:42 AM »
I think it was kind of an superfluous comment.
Ppl should be allowed to say if they don't like what producer (who ever they are) throw on the market.
Should we all keep silent when we dislike something... ? >_<
Also I personally don't convict anyone who likes that pony so why just let it just go?
Different ppl different opinions that's how the world works.... =)
*just my two cents*
BerryMouse Custom Ponies on Facebook
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BERRY'S SALE TOPIC

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: April 10, 2014, 12:33:23 AM »
she looks like one of those fakie babies that had those human like eyes

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: April 10, 2014, 12:36:32 AM »
I hope she sells well or she'll probably be the last G1 product we'll ever see.  Personally, I love her.  Yes, her head is large compared to G1 Firefly, but she is definitely based on the same mold.  She has the boot foot even!  AND she's the first pony in who knows how long to have symbols on BOTH SIDES, hallelujah.

She even has a little mini version of her proper brush.  I can get people not liking her, but research and effort WAS put into her, whether you like the results of that effort or not.

I think she's a thousand times better than the sad sad Collector Pony repros.  Much higher quality.

Yeah, my concern over all the cancelled orders is not that Hasbro and its licenses will think "we should do a better job!", but that there is no market for retro ponies. From what I understand, that's exactly what happened with the last retro collection.

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #471 on: April 10, 2014, 12:55:51 AM »
I think it was kind of an superfluous comment.
Ppl should be allowed to say if they don't like what producer (who ever they are) throw on the market.
Should we all keep silent when we dislike something... ? >_<
Also I personally don't convict anyone who likes that pony so why just let it just go?
Different ppl different opinions that's how the world works.... =)
*just my two cents*
Exactly, we are here to share opinions and what we like or don't :)
and we have mod's for that :)  people need to stop trying to be doing that work :)!

Now back to the topic,  Hate it ! and got my order Cancelled , LOL was looking forward to this pony since last October and well It is a pass for me .
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Archer

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/manga_mayhem/index.html
« Reply #472 on: April 10, 2014, 01:19:58 AM »
I hope she sells well or she'll probably be the last G1 product we'll ever see.  Personally, I love her.  Yes, her head is large compared to G1 Firefly, but she is definitely based on the same mold.  She has the boot foot even!  AND she's the first pony in who knows how long to have symbols on BOTH SIDES, hallelujah.

She even has a little mini version of her proper brush.  I can get people not liking her, but research and effort WAS put into her, whether you like the results of that effort or not.

Yeah, my concern over all the cancelled orders is not that Hasbro and its licenses will think "we should do a better job!", but that there is no market for retro ponies. From what I understand, that's exactly what happened with the last retro collection.

Of course the problem with buying rubbish is that they'll think they can get away with selling more rubbish and we'll just buy it because it's G1. There are lots of G1 products out there at the moment. Almost every clothing store here in the UK is carrying G1 clothes for adults. I've never had so much pony choice lol XD But as much as i loved the G1 line, it doesn't mean i'm willing to settle for a fakie looking pony just because it sort of resembles a G1 pony (it's like fireflys ugly sister lol XD) I really wish this had been a nicer product but i've passed over nicer looking fakies than her that cost less. Not dropping £6 on her.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: April 10, 2014, 01:49:10 AM »

Here are a couple of the old problem threads about them

http://www.mlparena.com/archive/Forums/viewtopic/t=42518/

http://www.mlparena.com/archive/Forums/viewtopic/t=51539/

Heads up. When I go there my Avast A/V gives me a malicious URL warning. Must be from an ad or something.

Not an advert, sorry. We didnt have adverts on the old arena. It will be a site which is linked in someones signature or avatar or one of the images linked to in a post. Its an archived site though so of course you are going to run into those kind of things.

And I am with Archer. Just because its g1 inspired is not enough for me I am afraid. Its cheap and it shows. At least the 25th anniversary ponies looked like their original vesions, this one doesnt. I would rather firefly had been a little out on her body colour but at least looked like her original release. I agree making it a very successful release just means we tell licensees, go ahead, advertise something you are not going to actually give us, we will acept the poorly made alternative and be happy.

Also this is not a hasbro product, its part of running presses retro toy line. Hasbro are enjoying licensing out retro mlp right now without doing very much in the way of actual releases.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: April 10, 2014, 02:01:00 AM »
Oh....she looks....umm....cool....

Oh well, she is cute in her own unique way. Glad I ordered mine, I like the book enough. Maybe they will produce all of them? I might buy them... haha. She's just so...unique.
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline sweetapple

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: April 10, 2014, 02:12:15 AM »
A lot of these little retro box sets (containing a booklet and little toy) have been popping up in a couple of book stores here in Perth. They're called "Mega Mini Kits".
Firefly was only just released, so I think it'll be a while before she starts appearing in stores, but I'm positive she is from the same series.

I've seen other sets with Peanuts, the Wizard of Oz, Pooh and Tigger, and Tom and Jerry (that one I bought for myself!) and many others. They all come with a similar little picture book and some kind of toy or figure.

So if this makes sense, this isn't a thing Hasbro is doing-- the company doing these kits would have asked Hasbro for permission to use the names and characters, same with all the other shows/films they've made kits of.

Because of this, I doubt any more of these will be made using other G1s.
I expect more based on different shows and franchises will be popping up during the year. Toy Story, Scooby Doo, that sort of thing.

Noting this: The quality of the toys seem to range. Poor Firefly got the short end of the stick, but the figures in the Tom and Jerry set I bought are MUCH nicer, it's ridiculous  :hmm:
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 02:14:51 AM by sweetapple »

Offline TinyShinyUnique

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • UniqueSubtleTreasures
« Reply #476 on: April 10, 2014, 02:17:02 AM »
I can't wait to see when people will try sticking a different head to her.  :lookround:

Offline SoSilver

• Italian Blue Lickety Split
  • Trade Count: (+116)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: April 10, 2014, 02:20:11 AM »
I wrote my comment 5 minutes after i woke up and i understand i should have explained a little better my sentiment.
It was not meant to sounds like an offense or to offend anyone and i am sorry if it did.

What i was just trying to say, is that it sounded a little too much as in some, and i repeat, some ^_^',  Brony comments about the ponies released in the store are not exactly like they are in the show.

IMHO, i think this is a cute and nostalgic idea to celebrate a toy line from the 80's and personally i don't care if they are not exactly as the original ones^_^

With her off proportions she reminds me of the french vintage pins or the portoguese min figures^_^

Hope i explained myself better and again, i am sorry^_^

Click on my siggie and visit my Pony Gallery!

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: April 10, 2014, 02:42:18 AM »
Where people this upset about the Dollymix G1 ponies too?
Those looked just as much as fakies as this one does. Yet to me it seemed people loved those.

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • My reality is just different than yours
    • View Profile
    • LadyPinwheel's Pony Realm
« Reply #479 on: April 10, 2014, 02:48:13 AM »
I didn't like the Dollymix either. Another bunch of fakies to me. I wish the pony would have been more like the old G1s. I guess I hope some day to find again G1 ponies, real G1 ponies, in the stores again.

And about the photo they used... it could be considered like misleading advertising.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal