collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What natural disasters do you live with?  (Read 1654 times)

Lightning Twirl

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: What natural disasters do you live with?
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2013, 10:26:53 AM »
^ Oooo great job! :D i like the items you selected!! Mine has all of those items besides the flashdrive and stationary,  great idea! We recently added a portable wireless phone charger and rechargeble batteries to ours =) Notebooks go on sale soon at walmart, need to grab those and some pens! Pretty much everything I have in my emergency kit is under my bathroom sink for now.

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2013, 10:49:43 AM »
We have hurricanes here and apparently earthquakes as well. Although we've only had one earthquake since I've been alive XD
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2013, 11:18:04 AM »
Disasters are pretty rare here. We got Superstorm Sandy, the 2011 earthquake, a snowstorm here and there, minor flooding and maybe a small drought. Snowstorms and severe thunderstorms were much more common where I used to live.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2013, 11:22:24 AM »
But as a side note: If you ever watched the movie 2013 and the documentarys on Yellow Stone National Park. Wisconsin will Survive the Apocolyps. WaHaHaHa!!!! (Family Joke)  :redface:
Heh heh, yes we will.
(Unlike other parts of the world, we've got some great deposits of fresh water sprinkled about...)

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2013, 11:23:06 AM »
sicne i  live in florida..  hurricanes and tornados! we have hurricane season down here.  and  then occasianly we have fires due to drought.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2013, 01:26:59 PM »
We're at the edge of Tornado Alley, have had a couple hit very close by that were pretty bad (the worst one recently hit Harrisburg, IL badly, and touched down in Giant City State Park, which is where I live...)... But the worst worst one was a few years ago, like '09? A durecho, inland hurricane, came through and really destroyed the area. When we bought our house in 2010, there were two HUGE trees down in our yard from that storm (yes, the lazy previous owners didn't even bother to remove the downed trees - one on his childs playset, the other on the garage...)

In the area itself, obviously the Mississippi River floods and causes issues, but we live way way up in elevation, over 40miles from the river so, that's not an issue for us...

Also our house was built by a post-WWII-paranoia guy, so it's literally a fortress...
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline Starflashbaby

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • When life throws you bricks, build a Castle!
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2013, 05:31:32 PM »
But as a side note: If you ever watched the movie 2013 and the documentarys on Yellow Stone National Park. Wisconsin will Survive the Apocolyps. WaHaHaHa!!!! (Family Joke)  :redface:
Heh heh, yes we will.
(Unlike other parts of the world, we've got some great deposits of fresh water sprinkled about...)

:haha:  :blush:

Sales, WTB, Commissions Open

Offline Firehooves

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 is magic, FiM is tragic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2013, 08:44:50 PM »
Here in Ohio, Tornadoes are the worst we get, though minor earthquakes can happen on rare rare occasions >_>;.

The firehooves family; Tornado, Twilight, Ember and Drummer
my G1/MLP Tales/G3/G4 fanfics-
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3280710/FireHoof
My tumblr: http://tornadofirehoovesuniverse.tumblr.com/

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2013, 09:11:47 PM »
SoCal catches fire about ten times a year. There's a massive fire in the Sierras right now, and it's already made its way into Yosemite. :(  Also, I live along the San Andreas fault, so we get earthquakes big time.

My parents lived through and almost got displaced, due to the Witch Fire (2003), ten years ago. They live in San Diego county. Wildfires sort of come with the Sol Cali territory.
Yeowch, the big one. My boarding school got evacuated during the Zaca Fire (2007.) My highschool is split into two campuses; high school (where I was) in the mountains 15 minutes outside of Ojai and elementary and junior high in town. For weeks we saw smoke, had to cancel sports from smoke, mandatory "stay inside" days (and cover your face if you absolutely had to go outside) and ash rain. They even ran a scheduled fire drill at 2 in the morning when we could see the glow of the flames over the mountaintop. Scared us half to death but that was just bad timing.

Eventually all the boarding students and the school's horses had to be evacuated off the mountain and the students moved into the gym and library of the campus in town. Still had to deal with smoke and ash. Thankfully the fire never got to town but it didn't do my lungs any favors.

By the time we were cleared to go back to campus the students had to help clean up. Everything was covered in about 3/4ths of an inch of ash.

Duster reference]

Offline SilverHealer

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I love lamp!
    • View Profile
    • Goddess Within
« Reply #69 on: September 02, 2013, 10:34:00 PM »
Definitely winter weather, although our area doesn't get it nearly as bad as areas north and east of here.  We're also known for flash floods and tornadoes.

[ adoptables from pixel forum GLAM! | Av by SDS ]

Offline Endocat

• Trade Count: (+43)
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2013, 02:35:58 AM »
EARTHQUAKES!  I live in Christchurch, New Zealand.  Experienced the 7.1 and then the 7,000+ aftershockes which destroyed the heart of my city in the last 3 years.  No more thanks mother nature pllleeaaaseeee.
Most Wanted: retro release Starshine

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2013, 04:38:10 AM »
When I lived in California it was earthquakes (a fault line ran right through town I think?) but I'm not entirely sure what natural disaster is waiting to kill me here in Idaho. I think there's a huge (or multiple huge) volcanoes in Yellowstone that would wipe us out, and we've had some vague tornado warning a few times.

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 03, 2013, 08:04:39 AM »
Forest fires up north... We get Monsoon season, hail on occasion, haboobs (huge dust storms), some areas get flash floods... My high school teachers told us they used to have to use buckets to get the water out of the classrooms 20+years ago when it'd flood. It doesn't do that anymore (in my area) though. I don't think we'll ever be out of "drought" status.
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline CrazyCatPony

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • 1st step is to admit you have a problem, i dont :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 03, 2013, 08:13:23 AM »
in my area we rarely get tornados but they do happen, we have some volcanoes that I guess are about 1000 years late on blowing (yay fun) but no one really knows or cares about that. Mostly we get really bad storms and lots of flash flooding.

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 03, 2013, 09:19:49 AM »
Hurricanes & tornadoes, awful things! Also flooding and tropical storms. This year we had some roof damage after a small tornado took out half an oak tree in our yard. Thankfully it's been fairly quiet, weather wise, the past few years. Katrina was the last really bad storm. No power for over a week, everything smashed, flooded, or blown away... it was terrible but not nearly as bad as in Mississippi & Louisiana. SO many people died or lost everything. Mother Nature can be harsh, best listen to her and get out of the way when she's angry!
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal