collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Would you continue collecting ponies if the changed to this type of pony?  (Read 4595 times)

Offline Feathermay

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
I'd even be happy if they came out with more boy ponies with the mold hair.

If this was the case, forget everything I just said.  :lookround:

Offline happycootie

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • G1 collector & animal lover
    • View Profile
no O_o;
It needs to be either all plastic hair/mane or all rooted. I like both of them, but can't stand it together.
[I also love all sizes, including the tiny blind bags, and the normal G4 size]

^__^ I do think that Celestia is beautiful, and if I had her, I would be making her a molded tail

All of this.  Either all plastic or all rooted.

Yup, thirded. I really dislike molded and rooted hair on the same pony >_<
And fourthed. It has to be all brushable or all molded for me.  Other than that, Princess Celestia is pretty. I totally get how show accuracy is important to a lot of people. Totally unrelated, I'd love to see Princess Celestia and Nightmare Moon as G1s.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Yeah those Celestia and Twilight Sparkle ponies that come with the EG dolls are strange. I want to like them, but having a thin little brushable tail and molded hair makes no sense to me. What little girl wants to brush a tail? If they really wanted to do one of each, why not make the mane brushable and make the tail molded? The way they did it makes it look and feel like a cheap McD's toy pony.

Also, I don't understand why both ponies have a cutie mark that is a button you have to plug into a hole on their flank? o.0 What was the point of that, other than to enable little kids to lose them? Is the purpose so kids can switch the buttons around and give Celestia Twilight's cutie mark, and visa versa? Why? Strange decision there, Hasbro.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

BronySD

• Trade Count: (0)
I thought the same thing Dragonflitter but the gem can actually switch from pony to doll, celestia's purse has a place for it..but it still really has no purpose.

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
I don't think I would collect them the way I collect the ponies now.  I just cannot get into molded hair, aside from a few ponies who I really adore.  But I just cannot consider My Little Pony to be something without brushable hair. 

Offline GustyFox

• Trade Count: (+102)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • A Planewalker fox in human disguise
    • View Profile
I like this princess Celestia a lot, but the molded mane with brush-able tail just ruin everything to me. >.< I would rather have mane and tail molded. The mixed styles is so wrong, so not symmetric, odd... I don't know, just feels wrong.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Lovely GustyFox adoptable by MoonFlower. Thank you.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
I'll be quite honest actually... as I said I love my brushables and there is a reason... from time to time I take those ponies off the shelf and mess with their hair a little.. I like to play with the hair... a figure that is all molded hair would just sit there and do nothing for me... like all my blind bags...
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Nope!  Still want a pudgier, larger pony with brushable hair.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline BigBrotherPony

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
I'm think she is really pretty, but that is more down to the pose and sculpt. I would like that sort of posing and sculpt combined with brushable hair.

I hate it when they mix both together... To me it should either be all moulded or both the main and tail should be brushable. and hopefully with a little more hair than present !

I am fed up of their receeding hairlines and limp, thin tails. I just got Pinkizilla and she is in desperate need of a comb over. She is double the size of a Fashion Styling pony, but with less hair ! She only has two rows of hair and it starts way to far back. FS have for rows of plugs :/

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
Although i love the Gs's (brushables and FS) the limited poses are quickly turning me back to G1's. G1's seemed to try harder, even at the end when the Rockin' Beat ponies came out in a desperate attempt to remain current...I found one today and actually like how loud she is! Clashing colors, Jem-style angular symbols a la late 80's...it just makes me smile. Not all suns and moons and stars and hearts.
I love brushable hair, i don't like the molded stuff except the Funkos and even then, they're kinda boring book-ends. I love ponies...and ponies should have hair manes AND tails!

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
I would for sure, I got the 2 ponies from the EQG and I hope they release Luna and the rest of the mane 6 like this :)
would be nice to have a complete set of them in this version
hope the Funko Celestia looks like this one in a bigger scale .
I'm already collecting the Funko's so I would be for sure keeping on collecting them :biggrin:
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
no O_o;
It needs to be either all plastic hair/mane or all rooted. I like both of them, but can't stand it together.
[I also love all sizes, including the tiny blind bags, and the normal G4 size]

THIS! Actually I own the Celestia doll MIB but I never noticed the pony's tail wasn't molded :lol: Shows how much I pay attention :P I really like her, but I really wish it was both molded or both brushable!
My Wish List

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
I like it when the hair is like it is in the ccartoon but I also love the G1 brushables as well...

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline kezrob23

• my heart beats true for the Red and the Blue
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
My miss 5 gave a big fat NO! When I first showed her the dolls, I thought she was gonna cry :( she loves her ponies, and loves her ponies to have hair!!

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
She is really pretty, but I definitely would've preferred if her tail was molded as well. I hate it when they have just the tail or just the mane brushable. It just looks wrong.

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal