collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Would you continue collecting ponies if the changed to this type of pony?  (Read 4594 times)

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
Not a chance. I love the EG pony molds and I highly prefer molded hair, but I hate the happy meal molded & rooted hair on one pony thing. It looks absolutely terrible to me. I was really excited about the EG Celestia until I saw her tail is rooted.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
I don't mine either way, honestly, I'd even be happy if they switched to just molded hair, or just dolls even, or plushies only, even just blind bags. Hard to not please me when it comes to ponies. Only thing that would bug me is if all they sold was molded hair versions of all the brony popular BG ponies in FiM, and made Lyra/Bonbon and the seemingly random lesbian ships canon and market them highly.
And even if they did THAT, I'd still buy them.

I'm such a passive collector, only thing that bugs me is other collectors and fans.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
No, they remind me of McDonald's ponies but even if she had a moulded tail as well I wouldn't be tempted.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Nope. Moulded hair is not MLP.

I actually do think she is pretty and if she had a moulded tail [removing the McDs vibe she has going on] she would be a pretty ornament. Also she is pretty mould so even with brushable hair [mane and tail] she would look lovely.

However, I want ponies with a mane and tail I can brush. I am not that hard to please but for me Funko and Blind Bags are more merch angled than traditional plastic pony with brushable hair.

So it would not stop me being a pony collector of course but it would dampen my interest in any new ponies significantly.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline BerryMouse

• Starry-eyed idealist pony
  • Trade Count: (+622)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • BerryMouse Custom Ponies & more
I will stop collecting when they won't stop doing the core 7 thing on the G4 ;)
(ah you know what I was trying to say)

I do like the look of the "new" style but the molded tail bothers me as well - also that I have to buy the stupid (sorry I just don't like them - cuz I like PONIES and not ponies turned into dolls) dolls to get that pony...  >_<
BerryMouse Custom Ponies on Facebook
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BERRY'S SALE TOPIC

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
Definitely not. Not a fan of molded hair at all. She looks way too much like a cheap McD toy.

Offline disturbed-rainbow

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I love toys
    • View Profile
Oh I love love love!!!!! Brushables, but if they added these to the collection I'd definitely collect, I have celestia, and I'm gonna try getting a hold of twilight..

Offline U2QueenBee

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Maybe...I prefer fully brushable hair to molded though.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
I thought the same thing Dragonflitter but the gem can actually switch from pony to doll, celestia's purse has a place for it..but it still really has no purpose.

Ohhhhhhkay that makes more sense. Especially since they're doing the "decorate accessories with plastic gems" angle in the pony toys.

Though to treat a pony's cutie mark like a gem you can then switch over to a purse or clutch is still kinda weird...
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Malicieuse

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
I would keep collecting but i would be dissapointed if this was the only option.

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Yes, I rather like those. :)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Also I wish they would be consistent, it's weird that Celestia's wings are clear/frosted while Twilight's are solid purple...
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
The half-molded-half-brushable ponies remind me of cheap McDonald's ponies.   The sculpts are good, and boy do we need more new poses!, but I don't like the mismatched hair. I prefer brushables first, then all-molded hair, and lastly the combo-style. 

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
My miss 5 gave a big fat NO! When I first showed her the dolls, I thought she was gonna cry :( she loves her ponies, and loves her ponies to have hair!!

Oh that is sad :( Yes I am the same way I grew up with ponies that you could comb both. :)

Offline brightberry

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
I think she makes a cute figurine but not what I think of as a "My Little Pony".   I don't know how to explain the difference, but one feels like the actual pony and the other is a representation of one.    :blush:
Sig art by SquarePeg!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal