collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is this a good price for these ponies RESOLVED  (Read 1009 times)

BowtieG1

• Trade Count: (0)
Is this a good price for these ponies RESOLVED
« on: August 20, 2013, 01:56:32 PM »
I AM NOT BOTHERING

On amazon uk there's quite a few G1 ponies for sale all under the same seller (mixbombay). Just checking if the prices are OK for them, or if the seller looks risky.

Baby Sea Pony: Little Bubbles (with ring)- £9.99 ($15.66)

Softie: Bowtie- £9.99 ($15.66)

Baby Tiddly Winks (with some kind of tutu?)- £1.99 ($3.12) (I'm pretty sure this is a bargain)

The seller has 87% feedback but has received a few negative responses about Ponies in particular, they also use very very general comments on condition such as "good for age" and "lightly used"

"First, the ponies were not as described. Seriously faded hair and     irreversible frizzing is not 'acceptable' condition, it is 'poor' condition. Secondly, the items were ordered on the 11th of June but weren't posted until 29th. Furthermore, they were sent SECOND CLASS. Postage cost £8.22, but the label said it was sent at £2.60. More money made on top of overpriced, ill-described items. Do not use."

"The condition of the pony was not as good as I expected. very grubby. "

The three photographs (1 each) aren't great, they're sort of small and you can't zoom in at all.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I'm slightly concerned with how they range in background and how the photograph is taken, so has anybody seen any of these pony photographs anywhere before?

Even if its a risk I might just go for it, they could be fun restoration projects, and I'm (pretty) sure they're a decent price regardless.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 02:53:41 PM by BowtieG1 »

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
Re: Is this a good price for these ponies + should I risk the seller?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 02:08:00 PM »
The background in the sea pony photo looks familiar, like an eBay seller...

She does not have any recent pony sales but I found a message I sent her a few months ago. Here are her completed listings: http://www.ebay.com/sch/gypsywildflower/m.html?_ipg=&_from=&_nkw=&_armrs=1&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline dori86

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 02:11:52 PM »
There was one seller on ebay who was using similar backgrounds like one with the  sea baby photo... hmmm I bought from her 3 ponies and no problems at all , she is from UK too but who knows who is that? maybe he/she just use the same picture??? hard to tell, maybe just try to contact with her/him?

Offline himmie

• MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 02:13:31 PM »
Considering the small size of the photos, I am guessing they took the photos from other sites/auctions.

BowtieG1

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 02:19:18 PM »
The background in the sea pony photo looks familiar, like an eBay seller...

She does not have any recent pony sales but I found a message I sent her a few months ago. Here are her completed listings: http://www.ebay.com/sch/gypsywildflower/m.html?_ipg=&_from=&_nkw=&_armrs=1&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc
Seeing as they aren't using the same screen-name that looks sort of suspicous, and GypsyWildFlower is clearly taking the photographs

There was one seller on ebay who was using similar backgrounds like one with the  sea baby photo... hmmm I bought from her 3 ponies and no problems at all , she is from UK too but who knows who is that? maybe he/she just use the same picture??? hard to tell, maybe just try to contact with her/him?
I can't get contact with them because I haven't got an eBay account becuase I have to order everything through my parents, and if I try to contact them my mum'll get suspicous, read the email and say I can't buy the amazon listing ;w;

Considering the small size of the photos, I am guessing they took the photos from other sites/auctions.
It does look like it...
do you still think I should risk it?

Offline himmie

• MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 02:21:14 PM »
I personally would not risk it. Even if they have the items listed, they cannot be the ones in the photographs. :huh: You could try asking the seller for more photos, if they cannot do that, I would definitely avoid them.

BowtieG1

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2013, 02:24:09 PM »
I personally would not risk it. Even if they have the items listed, they cannot be the ones in the photographs. :huh: You could try asking the seller for more photos, if they cannot do that, I would definitely avoid them.
I suppose thats my best shot.

I really want those ponies though, so I hope that the actual ponies are legit.

Should I ask for a group photograph or something along those lines? I'm new to the whole 'dodgy photograph' thing in eBay x3.

Offline happycootie

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • G1 collector & animal lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2013, 02:31:05 PM »
I would say, listen to your gut. If you think something seems off, don't go for it. You will see these ponies at a good price again eventually. Wouldn't you rather know exactly what you are getting? Also, I wouldn't want you to go for it, get crappy ponies, and have your mom say "Well, that's the last time I let you order ponies from amazon."

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2013, 02:58:20 PM »
My general rule is that if you have to ask if it's a good idea to bid on/buy something, the answer is usually "no".  If the seller has a history of shady descriptions, serious shipping overcharges, and slow shipping, it's probably not worth the hassle.  Personally, if I was in the market for those ponies, I would pass this group right by.  Too many red flags for me!  I don't need the hassle of watching the mail for weeks to see if my ponies came, and then possibly finding out they were not what I was expecting when they finally arrived.  I also prefer to support the good, honest, friendly sellers over shady ones.

I don't know if amazon has the same kind of refund system for buyers like ebay.  If it does, you could take a chance if you really wanted to, and hope to get your money back if things go wrong.  You might be in for a huge hassle, and probably some very unpleasant emails back and forth to the seller, but it is an option.  If amazon doesn't have the same kind of buyer weighted return policy, I wouldn't touch those ponies with a 10 foot pole!

All those items aren't that hard to find.  You'll probably be able to find them all for similar, maybe even better, prices elsewhere.

If you are going to buy, you might want to double check about that sea pony.  She looks pearly in the picture, but there's also a regular non-pearly version of her.  Since the pictures may have been harvested from other sites, you might be buying a different version than what you're seeing in the listing pictures.

FYI - while searching "my little pony pearly tiny bubbles" just to double check something, I pulled up that exact photo.  It's from ebay.  I couldn't get to the actual auction as it's old, but just google "my little pony pearly tiny bubbles" and it should pop right up in the images section.

Offline katieklassified

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2013, 03:11:13 PM »
You could ask for additional photos. This would work especially if there's any flaws listed. Say you just want to make sure what condition they're in. A legit seller would have no problem taking a quick picture and sending it to you, or putting it up on the listing.

HELP ME NAME MY PONYSONA!

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2013, 03:18:19 PM »
For what it's worth, I don't think any of these ponies are super hard to find, although I know the sea ponies can be a bit of a pain. What I mean is, they'll come up again if you decide to pass on this shady seller.
I'll put something here some time

Offline Dewprincess

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2013, 03:26:23 PM »
I can tell you that I have that softie Bowtie for sale for $5 which is way less than $15.66...

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2013, 03:17:59 AM »
No - not worth the risk. Not the sellers own pictures, poor feedback and all of them more expensive than they should be.

Can you not purchase things through the Arena if you are unable to use ebay? You will have a much better chance of a better price and a guaranteed good transaction buying here than via some questionable Amazon seller.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

BowtieG1

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2013, 03:36:43 AM »
No - not worth the risk. Not the sellers own pictures, poor feedback and all of them more expensive than they should be.

Can you not purchase things through the Arena if you are unable to use ebay? You will have a much better chance of a better price and a guaranteed good transaction buying here than via some questionable Amazon seller.
Oh, I can use eBay, I just like amazon a lot more. I would love to use the Arena for sales but the way it works scares me a lot ;w;, so it isn't something I'll be trying any time soon.

Anyways, I've sent the seller the following email;

"Hello, I'm a collector of G1 My Little Ponies and I recently came upon your numerous listings for them, I am particularly interested in 'G1 Vintage 1984 My Little Pony Baby Sea Pony 'Tiny Bubbles'', 'G1 1985 My Little Pony Baby Tiddly Winks' and 'My Little Pony - Softie - Bowtie - Plush' they are a quite good price and I thank you for that, but I have spoken with other members of the community and it would appear you have used photographs from other listings on eBay, this is against Amazon policy.

Would you mind showing me another photograph of the 3 ponies I am interested in as a group, or with your seller name on a piece of paper behind them? I don't mean any trouble, but it would simply give me peace of mind, and make me far more likely to buy your product

Yours sincerely,
-IRL Name-"

I do really hope its legit because I want to get my claws on that Softie and its waaay cheaper there than on eBay UK.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2013, 02:52:37 PM »
It is completely your call of course :) But I can assure you that if you do decide to wait it out you will find Bow Tie on ebay for a much better price and hopefully from a seller with a better feedback. 

Also can I ask why you would be worried to use the Arena for sales? We are a very protective community and tend to out scammers as quickly as possible on here.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal