collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is this a good price for these ponies RESOLVED  (Read 1031 times)

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Is this a good price for these ponies + should I risk the seller?
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2013, 03:06:47 PM »
Dunno about the rest, but Tiddly winks goes for $3 in good condition on the arena so this is not a bargain ;)
I would not risk it, it all seems way too suspicious. i also highly recommend you give Arena a try, as Hathorcat said, this is a very protective community and if anyone tries to scam you, you will ave the backing of this community.
Maybe try buying something really cheap, see how it goes? :)
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

BowtieG1

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2013, 03:12:44 PM »
It is completely your call of course :) But I can assure you that if you do decide to wait it out you will find Bow Tie on ebay for a much better price and hopefully from a seller with a better feedback. 

Also can I ask why you would be worried to use the Arena for sales? We are a very protective community and tend to out scammers as quickly as possible on here.
I've just been waiting for a Bow Tie softie for as long as I've been collecting, and its the cheapest I've ever seen it, so I just want to pounce x3. I am waiting for a reply, assuming I ever get one. If I don't get more photographs I'll wait for more time, it wouldn't be worth the risk.

I'm not sure, I just don't like using Paypal for anything other than eBay. Its other functions confuse and scare me :b.

Dunno about the rest, but Tiddly winks goes for $3 in good condition on the arena so this is not a bargain ;)
I would not risk it, it all seems way too suspicious. i also highly recommend you give Arena a try, as Hathorcat said, this is a very protective community and if anyone tries to scam you, you will ave the backing of this community.
Maybe try buying something really cheap, see how it goes? :)
I might try the arena at some point x3, I'm just not sure quite yet.

Offline Dewprincess

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2013, 03:14:07 PM »
Mine is a whole LOT cheaper than that...I'll even walk you through how to use Paypal for an Arena purchase if you'd like!

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2013, 03:15:04 PM »
As I said earlier in the thread, it's not worth the risk. The prices are not that great. That combined with the fact that the seller has poor feedback and is using photos from other sellers...definitely not worth it.

I definitely recommend buying from Arena members. We aren't so bad. :) Just check a seller's feedback and make Paypal payments as Goods. You're protected then.
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

BowtieG1

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2013, 03:20:52 PM »
Mine is a whole LOT cheaper than that...I'll even walk you through how to use Paypal for an Arena purchase if you'd like!
Thank you a lot for the offer, I will consider using the Arena for buying now ;w;

As I said earlier in the thread, it's not worth the risk. The prices are not that great. That combined with the fact that the seller has poor feedback and is using photos from other sellers...definitely not worth it.

I definitely recommend buying from Arena members. We aren't so bad. :) Just check a seller's feedback and make Paypal payments as Goods. You're protected then.
As I said, I'm asking for another photograph, if the seller doesn't deliver, not bothering, if they do deliver and they look crappy cond., I'm not going to bother.

I will consider the arena, but the idea does still scare me a little x3

Offline Razena

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2013, 04:21:09 PM »

I'm not selling anything here, so maybe I can help give an unbiased opinion.   :)   No need to be scared about buying from Arena members.   Everyone here is super friendly.  If you see something you like, you can just send the seller a personal message instead of posting in their thread if you prefer.  And as the others have said, if you ever do have a problem with someone not shipping your purchase you can file a claim though paypal within 45 days and get your money back.

I haven't bought any ponies from Amazon, but I have bought ponies from other members here and also on ebay.  I've never had a problem with a purchase from here.  Also, I'm much happier with my ponies from here because the sellers describe any pony flaws so much better where on ebay you occasionally come across people who will hide their flaws.  I have a pony from ebay that was supposed to be in "great condition" but her entire right side is faded to a different shade.   

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2013, 06:15:54 PM »

Awww, I get where you're coming from!  Like Razena, I'm not trying to sell anything, and I can totally relate to the idea of buying from the Arena being a little daunting. :shy:  It took me quite a while to go from lurker to member, and a while after that to make my first trade (thanks again, BabyIceCrystal :wave:)... but as you might notice by my trade count (which counts purchases too; that's the bulk of my count right there!), it didn't take me long after that to feel right straight at home with it. :biggrin:  Besides, we're collectors selling to/trading with/buying from other collectors, and we generally tend to a) know what we're talking about in terms of pony condition and value, and b) look out for one another. :grouphug:

I do still buy from eBay (and also Etsy), but to be honest, I generally feel far happier with my purchases from the Arena.  I've gotten burned a couple times with yucky ponies that looked okay on eBay... :X

Anyway, best of luck to you with your purchasing, and do let us know how it all goes for you. :hug:

(PS:  That $3 sounded like a lot for that particular Tiddley-Winks... I forget how many I have in my fixer-uppers, but she seems fairly common... her and Cuddles both, just so's you know. ^.^)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2013, 02:26:07 AM »
Your call, but they are overpriced and I would never trust anyone who steals other people's photos. Even if they were good prices they don't deserve your money.

BowtieG1

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2013, 02:27:00 AM »
I'm not going to bother.

Its been nearly two days and they haven't replied to my message, so I doubt they ever will.

Oh well.

Offline zora

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2013, 07:52:50 AM »
i would not buy from that seller. it looks very risky that you do not get what you see..

dewprincess has a bow tie plushie for sale for 5 USD as she wrote above, i recommend buying from arena members, especially when they have many positive feedbacks!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 07:55:04 AM by zora »
Former Nirvana and BigBro Collector

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2013, 07:56:39 AM »
I've bought from Dewprincess in person and she is a doll. I bought a Cherrie's Jubilee pushlie from her. :) She held a pony for me and I didn't ask for any pictures, and when I picked it up, it was perfectly as described. No worries!
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

BowtieG1

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2013, 08:14:11 AM »
i would not buy from that seller. it looks very risky that you do not get what you see..
As I said in the post above, I'm not bothering. They clearly aren't willing to help a possible buyer be more sure of their purchase. I asked for a group photograph to prove he/she owns them and they haven't replied, so whatever. I wouldn't have minded poor cond. its fun cleaning them up!

dewprincess has a bow tie plushie for sale for 5 USD as she wrote above, i recommend buying from arena members, especially when they have many positive feedbacks!
I've bought from Dewprincess in person and she is a doll. I bought a Cherrie's Jubilee pushlie from her. :) She held a pony for me and I didn't ask for any pictures, and when I picked it up, it was perfectly as described. No worries!
As I've said a lot now, I will probably consider the Arena after all of the positive reviews people have given it, and particularly Dewprincess

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2013, 01:07:27 PM »
Your call, but they are overpriced and I would never trust anyone who steals other people's photos. Even if they were good prices they don't deserve your money.

I think you've got the best advice right here!  I'll be adding this seller to my Bad Trader List anyway so thank you for their ID.

They can't answer your email because they stole those pictures from the internet.  :( 

I would start by buying some ponies off the Arena from some long-time members/regular sellers until you are comfortable with how Paypal works outside of Ebay.  :) 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline mercynova

• NSS Buttons
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2013, 02:32:33 PM »
Those are not good prices at all for any of those to be honest. I would steer clear!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal