collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Thank you MLP for...  (Read 702 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Thank you MLP for...
« on: August 18, 2013, 11:02:15 AM »
So I may have been having a slightly sentimental moment but when speaking to someone I have come to consider one of my closest friends the other day, I got to thinking.

If I had not started collecting ponies and she had not started collecting ponies, we may never have met and I would have missed out on a friendship which has come to mean so much to me.

So for our friendship I have ponies to thank :)

I wondered, what have ponies and collecting done for you? Are you a more confident person, have you made amazing friends? Do they give you an innocent and fun focus? Do they help you fit in or make you unique?
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
Re: Thank you MLP for...
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 11:24:56 AM »
I would say that maybe they've made me unique, but I know that's not true. I am unique, and therefore I collect ponies -- not the other way around. ;) But I do love the community of people I've met through collecting ponies -- here on the Arena and in our pony meets. Pony people are the nicest people! Ponies also help me weed out the bad seeds (heh, pun not(?) intended) -- if someone judges me for my pony habits, they're not worth my time.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 04:44:29 PM »
:heart: you!  :hug:
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 04:53:48 PM »
Exactly what you said, Cat!  I have a friend who lives not 5 minutes away from me who I'd never have met if we weren't both Pony collectors (It's Stormrave, btw.)  Not to mention wonderful friends from all over the world who I would likely never have met if we weren't collectors.  Some I've met face to face, some I've only met online, but they're some of the most generous, interesting, genuine people I've ever met.

Elf

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 04:54:33 PM »
I am thankful I collect them , as I would have never found this place and run into so many kind , loving members.

Offline cricket

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 05:04:22 PM »
Oh yes!!!  About 8 years ago I met Babyjluv on the Arena.  She had just moved here from Hawaii and didn't know anybody or the area.  We became  great friends and hosted several pony meets together.  She got out of collecting about 5 years ago and sold off her entire collection.  We're still friends and have been there for each other through the births of our children, and other major life events.  I would never of met her if not for ponies.  I was excited to discover that there is a very active group of collectors in Michigan  I'm hoping the pony meet in September will give me the opportunity to add some more friends to my list!  :biggrin:

Offline louiselovesbagsandshoes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2013, 05:15:51 PM »
Pretty much the same really!  My good friends Noasar and Lucy, I'd never have met them!  Or Sarah-Bee, Partypony566 to name but a couple.  So meeting some good friends and creating some lovely memories I'll always look back on with a smile :-) xxx

Offline mlpkatie

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2013, 06:33:39 PM »
I thank ponies for being able to go to conventions and meet people I wouldn't have met otherwise! The MLP community, and just everything.. Also, for the ponies for filling up an extra room with no purpose we have in my house :P

BigHicks1977

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2013, 06:49:34 PM »
Over the last 15 years or so of toy collecting I have meet thousands of people I have been to hundreds of new places and seen some very cool things on my travels.....I look forward to new friends in the future and new places to see

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2013, 07:34:18 PM »
If we didn't collect ponies, we never would've found the arena, and although I haven't met anyone from here in person (at least not that I know of), I feel as though I've made some new friends. I've also learned how to do improve on my customs :)

Plus an added bonus is this is a hobby that my husband and I do together :biggrin:

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2013, 07:37:27 PM »
Thank you, MLP, for the most amazing earworm in the universe:  SHOO BE DOO, SHOO SHOO BEE DO!!!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2013, 07:47:48 PM »
I am not sure why I got into pony collecting. I knew that I always loved horses and ponies fit right in.  I think that I liked them all cause of there pretty colors and looked happy all the time. I have good memories of play with my friends and there ponies.

And of course I came along this wonderful site. I have not met any of you yet. Wait I did meet AreoSmith_Gal!   
I hope to someday meet more of you :)
And of course all the pretty art, customs and pictures of ponies :)

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2013, 08:24:06 PM »
THank you MLP for helping me find a happy place on the Internet.  ... And for letting me relive some fond memories of my childhood, ones I thought I'd never visit again.

DancingPhoenix

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2013, 10:50:04 PM »
Ponies in general found me some of the best friends I have today (many not from the arena, but I certainly introduced them to it!) Along with that, they've always been able to cheer me up when I'm upset. Whether it is depression, a bad day, stress, etc. sitting down and brushing their hair and watching some episodes of the cartoons (any gen) and I'm smiling in no time :)

Even just at the Fair this past year I met SO many awesome people! Like Sunshine and Skeen and Ivy and Dewprincess to name a few :lovey:

Offline Emberfly

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • I Want to Sticker the World!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2013, 10:56:57 PM »
Ponies have helped me to meet a really great friend.  We've been out of touch for a while but she's an amazing person.  I think I'll drop her a line and see if we can get together soon.

It's also made me embrace who I am and not care what others think of me.  I like ponies, deal with it.

And last but not least, they have promted me to do crafts that I woudn't have done otherwise.  They have then led to even more crafts and open up some great areas of creativity.

Thanks Ponies!
Thank you to SquarePeg for my beautiful avi.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal