collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funko Princess Celestia Vinyl Collectible  (Read 30273 times)

Lightning Twirl

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Funko Princess Celestia Vinyl Collectible
« Reply #165 on: August 20, 2013, 06:09:21 AM »
Yeah, six ponies or not woohoo! At least one new Funko character being delivered to us before the release date!

:party: :woohoo: :green:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 20, 2013, 06:42:04 AM »
I hope nobody gets 6 for the price of 1. If I did that, I know I'd be going to pony hell for sure. I mean, I don't think TRU are the exploiters in this particular predicament...

Anyways, I'm still looking forward to Celestia in the future. A crystalline one would be godly, and make a neat windowsill ornament

I hope not either.

Offline slj84

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 20, 2013, 07:01:57 AM »
I'm not going to feel guilty if they send me 6, but I'm not going to complain if they only send me one either.  I was planning on buying both of these funkos, had a 15% off coupon and needed to get to $79 for free shipping.

To me toys r us has been alerted to the problem on several occasions, not only by people calling to ask if its real, but those calling to let them know that it has been listed wrong and yet the listing is still there.

What I expect them to do when people do start calling to complain, they will offer a refund if you return the item and a apology. Or you can keep your item.  Then they will cancel any unshipped orders of it.  They can't full fill the ordes fully anyway because well celestia doesn't exist yet.  From the looks of it, each box has 3 of each sweetie drops and spitfire.

brandon_y_83

« Reply #168 on: August 20, 2013, 08:14:51 AM »
Picked up Spitfire x2 last night.  I asked them to bring out the entire case worth of ponies and this was the breakdown:
Bon Bon x3
Spitfire x2
Ditzy Doo x2
Rainbow Dash x2
Dr. Whooves x2
Fluttershy x1
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 08:18:05 AM by brandon_y_83 »

Lightning Twirl

« Reply #169 on: August 20, 2013, 08:40:33 AM »
TRU customer service responded to my email from yesterday, I asked if the order was actually for 1 pony or 6. They said it was an assortment of 6 ponies: 2 bon bon, 2 spitfire, 2 celestias, contact customer aervice for more assistance blah blah bleh pretty much what everyone else's feedback is who asked. I doubt I will get 6 ponies though.

I will probably get just one pony but I am more than happy with recieving only one!!!! It hasnt shipped yet but im excited because I have a good feeling I will get Bon Bon!!!! x3 I would really love to know if they will be making glitters of these two new ponies!!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 08:42:36 AM by Lightning Twirl »

Offline slj84

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 20, 2013, 09:08:34 AM »
With that assortment I'm thinking that the glitter chaser were a hot topic thing and we won't be finding them at all at toys r us at least not right now.

Offline BrinnyTheBrave

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 20, 2013, 11:40:53 AM »
Sooo... no Funko Celestia currently exists? This makes me sad  :cry:

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 20, 2013, 11:54:19 AM »
I really can't believe this thread.  I keep coming back to it thinking and hoping the 6 for 1 entitlement has dropped.  We as collectors know more about MLP than Hasbro does, so it is not surprising that a retailer makes an error in the listing we realize it first.  No other Funko ponies have been found for purchase at less than $14.99.  The product description says exclusive figures, which is true, there are more than one and we have only found them at TRU.  These figures, as a lot of other toys do, come in an assortment. The product title did not say exclusive figure assortment.  The product dimensions are listed as well as the weight and they correspond to one figure.  I do not believe TRU is attempting to commit fraud which means to cause intentional harm to you all but rather an exploitation of a listing that fails to have the common sense disclaimer: 1 pony per purchase, no choice of assortment with order. If you all look at your receipt it says "one color" which again points to a single pony.

Now that said, I have worked in customer service for a long time, and customers typically get what they are after, realistic or not.  So am I surprised people are coming out of stores with 2 for 1? No.  Do I feel shame to be witnessing it?  Yes.

Edit to add: I called TRU (which was easier than I expected or I would have done it sooner) and told them they need to clarify their listing in regards to quantity and remove Celestia from the assortment.  They have the review request forwarded, so we will see.
I would say that's reasonable, except that customer service has confirmed again and again (I just got an email agreeing this morning) that it's six figures. I think "entitlement" is rather a harsh word to use, as well. :/ What are we feeling entitled to? TRU being true to their listing wording?

It's just that you seem very angry about this, and I can't understand why...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 20, 2013, 12:04:44 PM »
I really can't believe this thread.  I keep coming back to it thinking and hoping the 6 for 1 entitlement has dropped.  We as collectors know more about MLP than Hasbro does, so it is not surprising that a retailer makes an error in the listing we realize it first.  No other Funko ponies have been found for purchase at less than $14.99.  The product description says exclusive figures, which is true, there are more than one and we have only found them at TRU.  These figures, as a lot of other toys do, come in an assortment. The product title did not say exclusive figure assortment.  The product dimensions are listed as well as the weight and they correspond to one figure.  I do not believe TRU is attempting to commit fraud which means to cause intentional harm to you all but rather an exploitation of a listing that fails to have the common sense disclaimer: 1 pony per purchase, no choice of assortment with order. If you all look at your receipt it says "one color" which again points to a single pony.

Now that said, I have worked in customer service for a long time, and customers typically get what they are after, realistic or not.  So am I surprised people are coming out of stores with 2 for 1? No.  Do I feel shame to be witnessing it?  Yes.

Edit to add: I called TRU (which was easier than I expected or I would have done it sooner) and told them they need to clarify their listing in regards to quantity and remove Celestia from the assortment.  They have the review request forwarded, so we will see.
I would say that's reasonable, except that customer service has confirmed again and again (I just got an email agreeing this morning) that it's six figures. I think "entitlement" is rather a harsh word to use, as well. :/ What are we feeling entitled to? TRU being true to their listing wording?

It's just that you seem very angry about this, and I can't understand why...
I agree, I don't like how this thread is turning into a fight or pointing fingers at people and telling them to feel guilty. I refuse to feel guilty about making a company honor its own description of a product.

If they had say, a listing for a figure with brushable hair listed, and you recieved something with molded hair, everyone here would be on the phone raving mad. Because the description was wrong and it is the company's job to rectify it. I want what i was told I was paying for, there's nothing wrong with that.

I am not about to cry any tears for TRU any day soon either, they are so grossly overpriced on everything  that it's really kind of shameful.

Offline Chaosette

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I'm interested in everything to do with MLP:FiM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 20, 2013, 12:10:54 PM »
Like I said earlier, Im not judging anyone choosing not to order. But I think it's rude and nasty to say those of us who did are going to pony hell, and that you're ashamed of us.

Somebody saw what might be a great deal, posted it, and some of us took a chance. Nobodies screaming for their 6 ponies like belligerent children; I've asked politely twice if that is actually what the listing is for. That's all the contact I've had with toys r us so far.

More than anything, I want Celestia. One, single, Celestia.  Yes, I know I frequent the forum and we haven't seen a prototype. That doesn't mean she doesn't exist. I inquired about what ponies I would be receiving. I wouldn't have ordered if Celestia wasn't included, I would've waited patiently for them to come to Canada like I do with eeeeverything else.

Is silly to say that we as collectors know the product better than toys r us. They make their profit off this stuff. Nothing is more important than knowing their product and their audience.

And even if some people do know it better, that doesn't mean that toys r us can advertise something with a confusing description and then provide clarification twice, once on paper, to more than one person that yes, the listing says what we thought it did.

I've never ordered from an assortment before. I've never ordered a pony online before (other than here on the arena). So I didn't know an assortment of 2 Bon Bon, 2 spitfire and 2 Celestia means You Only Get One of One of these ponies.

If I ordered an assortment of 2 cherry, 2 blueberry and 2 lime lollipops, I'd expect six lollipops. That's what "an assortment of" means. It means all of them.

If I ordered "one of the following, selected at random : spitfire, Bon Bon, or Celestia" I would've expected one pony. One random pony, like many of you are saying I should receive. Toys r us had many opportunities on the phone and through email to clarify this with me.

Hot topic has worded their funkos VERY specifically for a long time now to avoid this problem with their sparkly chase variants.

One person here was even told "we run promotional sales all the time."

Nobody was getting angry when the Funko chase bubbles and RD came out early for sdcc. Nobody was shaming and pointing fingers and being nasty about that deal, even though not only did they get them early they got them cheaper. Nobody was saying arena members should be ashamed of taking advantage of amazons mistake.

But I digress.

If you want to be nasty about the situation, go make your own thread. There's a lot of us here excited to get our ponies (however many we do get) and trying to keep each other updated and there's no need for people to come charging in here and attacking. The orders are placed, what's done is done, and some of us have said we want to fight a bit to get what we were told multiple times we would get. I for one, don't want to hear any more judgement about it.

PS: My receipt does not say one colour. :)

PPs: seriously, is she Bon Bon or Sweetie Drops?! Where did toys r us get the name Bon Bon from....  :blink:
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 12:19:16 PM by Chaosette »

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 20, 2013, 12:19:29 PM »
Ditto on Celestia; she's pretty much the only one I've got my heart set on. I would've been totally fine had the CS rep replied to my inquiry with "Oh gosh, sorry, we must have misworded that" or something. I've honestly assumed it was a preorder special, since Celestia may not be out for a while.

Edit: My receipt says "Description: Exclusive My Little Pony Vinyl Figures". Figures, plural.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 12:21:37 PM by Shiromisa »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline CrazyCatPony

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 1st step is to admit you have a problem, i dont :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 20, 2013, 12:19:54 PM »
Agreed we should not beat each other up over any of this. There is no reason why this should turn into an argument. I have an email confirming what the listing says no laws are being broken. Please don't say hurtful things to people who have done nothing wrong

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 20, 2013, 01:10:42 PM »
I am not going to agree with anyone starting a new thread on this one. And I would prefer everyone did not start pointing fingers - in either direction.

Both sides are entitled to their own thoughts and to express their opinions.

Some people think they got a great deal - Fantastic :) Be happy about it.

Some people dont agree with whats happening - Then thats understandable :(

So how about we co exist in this same thread without be having to lock it and tell you all you can no longer talk about the mythical Funko Celestia?
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 20, 2013, 01:27:29 PM »
Agreed we should not beat each other up over any of this. There is no reason why this should turn into an argument. I have an email confirming what the listing says no laws are being broken. Please don't say hurtful things to people who have done nothing wrong

agree

I am not going to agree with anyone starting a new thread on this one. And I would prefer everyone did not start pointing fingers - in either direction.

Both sides are entitled to their own thoughts and to express their opinions.

Some people think they got a great deal - Fantastic :) Be happy about it.

Some people dont agree with whats happening - Then thats understandable :(

So how about we co exist in this same thread without be having to lock it and tell you all you can no longer talk about the mythical Funko Celestia?

Agree.

Only time will tell to see what is going to happen with this. Everyone is entitled to how they feel about it. Please do not be mad at those who really do want TRU to fulfill their promises and vice versa. We are all pony collectors! SO let's be happy for what ever is the outcome.  :grouphug:
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #179 on: August 20, 2013, 01:32:05 PM »
my order is still not shipped .
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal