collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funko Princess Celestia Vinyl Collectible  (Read 30260 times)

Offline Navi

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Funko Princess Celestia Vinyl Collectible
« Reply #150 on: August 19, 2013, 08:41:25 PM »
I'm not expecting six ponies, I'm honestly hoping I just get either of them at all, especially if I can get them early, but on the off chance I do actually get six, I'd be happy. I wouldn't push the issue if they told me they could only give me one.

Not expecting 6 ponies is the fastest way not to get 6 ponies  :P

Or no ponies, if they decide to cancel my order. :P

Yeah, I was happy just to get my ponies early! (and with the online discount) I brought up the fact that I thought there was more than one pony in the listing, and the manager was like .. seriously? Nope, just one.

If I had been a jerk about it, they could have easily refunded my order instead, just to get rid of me. There was already a bit of weirdness with neither of the ponys scanning correctly, and the manager even said they shouldn't be sold yet. It's only because they were an online order I was able to leave the store with them.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :heart: Minty! :heart:

Seeking Petite Ponies (trade/wish list)
Formerly known as navichan.

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 19, 2013, 09:24:59 PM »
Went to my local TRU for pick-up...and walked out with none!  They didn't have enough ponies XD

They didn't have any of the new Funkos but WERE going to let me leave with 6 for the price of 1 because that's what I ordered...

...except I placed three orders and not one.

Called customer service, they fixed my order, and I was guaranteed that I would be getting 18 ponies in the mail for $40 and free shipping.  3 - 7 days is my expected wait time.

Offline melipuffles

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 19, 2013, 09:33:00 PM »
Went to my local TRU for pick-up...and walked out with none!  They didn't have enough ponies XD

They didn't have any of the new Funkos but WERE going to let me leave with 6 for the price of 1 because that's what I ordered...

Called customer service, they fixed my order, and I was guaranteed that I would be getting 18 ponies in the mail for $40 and free shipping.  3 - 7 days is my expected wait time.

Holy cheese! You building yourself an army? :V

Offline Skylar

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+211)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 19, 2013, 09:35:43 PM »

Eighteen?

geez, and I feel alittle greedy over placing one order...

Lightning Twirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #154 on: August 19, 2013, 10:07:57 PM »
Eh im happy with any at all although if they arnt sending people the 6, they need to change their description! It does seem too good to be true, but its something fun to hope for!!! I might ask customer service myself just to see what they say. At least I know getting at least one funko pony I dont have! :)

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 19, 2013, 10:34:08 PM »
LOL, I'm not intending to build an army.

I placed one order, then talked to a friend.  She asked me to place an order for her too...and then I figured, "hey, why not order one more set?"

6 per order (hopefully) x 3 orders = 18 Funko Ponies XD

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 19, 2013, 10:42:29 PM »
I'll totally buy an extra Celestia off someone! ;D I'm just sad I missed it myself, it's down now, right?

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline melipuffles

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 19, 2013, 10:45:14 PM »
I'll totally buy an extra Celestia off someone! ;D I'm just sad I missed it myself, it's down now, right?

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=20478736

Nope, it's still there, however I don't believe a Celestia actually exists yet. Based on what everyone else, and the people at Funko have stated, it sounds like Celestia has not even had a prototype made yet. This is a weird error on their part, but I'm assuming Celestia and Twilight will both make an appearance at Toys R Us when they are made, based on these listings.

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 19, 2013, 10:52:29 PM »

Nope, it's still there, however I don't believe a Celestia actually exists yet. Based on what everyone else, and the people at Funko have stated, it sounds like Celestia has not even had a prototype made yet. This is a weird error on their part, but I'm assuming Celestia and Twilight will both make an appearance at Toys R Us when they are made, based on these listings.
Thank you! :D I just placed an order myself. In the end, I'm only out $15 plus shipping if it turns out to be a dud, right?

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline melipuffles

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 19, 2013, 11:01:17 PM »

Thank you! :D I just placed an order myself. In the end, I'm only out $15 plus shipping if it turns out to be a dud, right?

You're welcome! Yeah, I feel the same way. I basically told myself that I'd place an order because I want the figures either way, so if it ends up being just one figure, I'd be rather happy regardless.

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 20, 2013, 04:15:30 AM »
I am pretty sure tehy are only shipping one pony per order at this time.  I ordered 2 and the shipping weight is 1 lbs 6 oz. The Funko ponies weigh about 12 oz each. My shipping was confirmed and is being shipped. Should recieve them tomorrow. So we will go from there.
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

Offline Applejackgirl

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 20, 2013, 04:28:00 AM »
I really can't believe this thread.  I keep coming back to it thinking and hoping the 6 for 1 entitlement has dropped.  We as collectors know more about MLP than Hasbro does, so it is not surprising that a retailer makes an error in the listing we realize it first.  No other Funko ponies have been found for purchase at less than $14.99.  The product description says exclusive figures, which is true, there are more than one and we have only found them at TRU.  These figures, as a lot of other toys do, come in an assortment. The product title did not say exclusive figure assortment.  The product dimensions are listed as well as the weight and they correspond to one figure.  I do not believe TRU is attempting to commit fraud which means to cause intentional harm to you all but rather an exploitation of a listing that fails to have the common sense disclaimer: 1 pony per purchase, no choice of assortment with order. If you all look at your receipt it says "one color" which again points to a single pony.

Now that said, I have worked in customer service for a long time, and customers typically get what they are after, realistic or not.  So am I surprised people are coming out of stores with 2 for 1? No.  Do I feel shame to be witnessing it?  Yes.

Edit to add: I called TRU (which was easier than I expected or I would have done it sooner) and told them they need to clarify their listing in regards to quantity and remove Celestia from the assortment.  They have the review request forwarded, so we will see.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 04:43:00 AM by Applejackgirl »

Offline Cinnabar

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 20, 2013, 04:56:00 AM »
I really can't believe this thread.  I keep coming back to it thinking and hoping the 6 for 1 entitlement has dropped.  We as collectors know more about MLP than Hasbro does, so it is not surprising that a retailer makes an error in the listing we realize it first.  No other Funko ponies have been found for purchase at less than $14.99.  The product description says exclusive figures, which is true, there are more than one and we have only found them at TRU.  These figures, as a lot of other toys do, come in an assortment. The product title did not say exclusive figure assortment.  The product dimensions are listed as well as the weight and they correspond to one figure.  I do not believe TRU is attempting to commit fraud which means to cause intentional harm to you all but rather an exploitation of a listing that fails to have the common sense disclaimer: 1 pony per purchase, no choice of assortment with order. If you all look at your receipt it says "one color" which again points to a single pony.

Now that said, I have worked in customer service for a long time, and customers typically get what they are after, realistic or not.  So am I surprised people are coming out of stores with 2 for 1? No.  Do I feel shame to be witnessing it?  Yes.

Edit to add: I called TRU (which was easier than I expected or I would have done it sooner) and told them they need to clarify their listing in regards to quantity and remove Celestia from the assortment.  They have the review request forwarded, so we will see.

I agree 100% with you.

popyduggan

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #163 on: August 20, 2013, 05:31:22 AM »
I hope nobody gets 6 for the price of 1. If I did that, I know I'd be going to pony hell for sure. I mean, I don't think TRU are the exploiters in this particular predicament...

Anyways, I'm still looking forward to Celestia in the future. A crystalline one would be godly, and make a neat windowsill ornament.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 05:33:33 AM by popyduggan »

Offline suppi

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://chibi-suppi.deviantart.com
« Reply #164 on: August 20, 2013, 06:06:29 AM »
I'm not going to lie, I want a Funko of Spitfire so I decided to take this gamble. I don't expect six ponies but hey, it's entertaining to see if they actually deliver on their flub.

My Flickr :3 Thanks YLH for my Avvie and Sugarcup for my siggy!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal