collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funko Princess Celestia Vinyl Collectible  (Read 30210 times)

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
Re: Funko Princess Celestia Vinyl Collectible
« Reply #135 on: August 19, 2013, 03:22:41 PM »
just chatted with a rep online and they confirmed the  same, 6 ponies :)
emailed the chatt transcript to myself :)

Hopefully you guys that are getting them shipped to you are going to get all 6 I talked to a rep printed that out and took that to the store as well and they were telling me that is probably how many came in the box and that they have had a similar issue before. The manager looked right at me asking are you expecting to get 6 ponies? They didn't even have a Celestia. So, I am curious on what you guys get when they are shipped.

yeah not sure either where to go from there ,at least is nice to have them faster ,and I think is nice we are getting them shipped and not having to drive, specially in my city, the closest store showing stock was 40 miles away , at least TRU has a free shipping option ,not like Hot topic ,is always 4.99 to ship no matter how much you spend with them,
maybe it will be less drama with TRU ,will see .....
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 19, 2013, 03:30:36 PM »
Hmm I guess I just wonder where the accountability is.   :huh: The thing is if we as consumers do not make a so called "stink" about it, then they are not being held accountable for misrepresenting items to "bait" people into buying them. A listing like this and refusing to fulfill it is fraud and illegal,  but if no one pushes for accountability then they will continue to do so....I don't mean to be so motivated on it, but in reality if threre is no product and it is one and not six, even thought their listing says otherwise, then they are liable for what their listing says. If it was incorrect then their people listing the items should not have listed it. And if the CS people did not know then they should not be confirming it. They could get in big trouble with the Fed in all reality for it.
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

Offline snwbear24

• Trade Count: (+40)
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 19, 2013, 03:35:26 PM »
Hmm I guess I just wonder where the accountability is.   :huh: The thing is if we as consumers do not make a so called "stink" about it, then they are not being held accountable for misrepresenting items to "bait" people into buying them. A listing like this and refusing to fulfill it is fraud and illegal,  but if no one pushes for accountability then they will continue to do so....I don't mean to be so motivated on it, but in reality if threre is no product and it is one and not six, even thought their listing says otherwise, then they are liable for what their listing says. If it was incorrect then their people listing the items should not have listed it. And if the CS people did not know then they should not be confirming it. They could get in big trouble with the Fed in all reality for it.

Completely agree I didn't make a big stink about it at the store I was grateful on getting Sweetie Drops and Spitfire so I just left it at that since that manager was only going to do that for me. But, I am going to call customer service tonight just because if there is really celestia I would like to get her I don't need 2 of each or anything like that just would like 1 of each for my collection.
Looking For these to complete my G4's!!  :biggrin:
Royal Gem Carriage w/ Star Swirl

Looking For these G1's to complete US collection!!
Bushwoolies- Cheery, Hugster, and Chumster

Offline Chaosette

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I'm interested in everything to do with MLP:FiM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 19, 2013, 04:31:07 PM »

Absolutely. I would've completely understood if when I called, they told me it was a wording mistake and that I'd only get one. Or if when I emailed (which gives them boundless time to research, contact higher ups, etc.) they responded saying it was a mistake and I'd only be receiving one.
But if they're baiting me along this whole time and I have to fight for my ponies... /sigh. Ill just be sad. But I feel better fighting it out with the online service rep people, and not a local store manager who has nothing to do with the mistake.

Offline slj84

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 19, 2013, 04:42:46 PM »
I was placing a order anyway so I added that in as well.  I can't imagine I will get all 6, but if I only get one I'm not going to have a issue with it since its a bit odd they would sell a full box of a set of two each for the price of one funko. Expecially since celestia hasn't even been released or from the sounds of it made.

I had a 15% off coupon and needed something to bump me over that $79 shipping, so either way it's win win for me, since I got one 15% off and had planned to buy them anyway.

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 19, 2013, 05:13:17 PM »

Absolutely. I would've completely understood if when I called, they told me it was a wording mistake and that I'd only get one. Or if when I emailed (which gives them boundless time to research, contact higher ups, etc.) they responded saying it was a mistake and I'd only be receiving one.
But if they're baiting me along this whole time and I have to fight for my ponies... /sigh. Ill just be sad. But I feel better fighting it out with the online service rep people, and not a local store manager who has nothing to do with the mistake.
I'm sorry but you guys really didn't think you would be getting 6 Funko ponies for the price of one, right? This is just getting a bit unrealistic.
I can understand people taking a chance on this but i don't think you should be getting upset over something that was obviously a mistake from the start.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #141 on: August 19, 2013, 06:07:29 PM »

I'm sorry but you guys really didn't think you would be getting 6 Funko ponies for the price of one, right? This is just getting a bit unrealistic.
I can understand people taking a chance on this but i don't think you should be getting upset over something that was obviously a mistake from the start.
well someone got 2 for 1 so far ..........:)
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline elish2

• As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 19, 2013, 06:11:12 PM »

I guess I feel then that they should not have fraudulently led people on. Funny thing about it is the guy I talked to when asked if it is really 6 ponies for that price said "we run promotional sales all the time". Like I said, they have had multiple people ask. It is their fault and they should have been more proactive in making sure their sales pages are correct. If I did this on eBay I would have been liable for my listing.
elish22 | eBay

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 19, 2013, 06:29:08 PM »
I still believe that they are liable for this. It's false advertising. I don't see it as taking advantage of anything, there are people who are always on the lookout for errors like this so they can score amazing deals.

It's my understanding that the people who placed orders online and are having them shipped may be more protected by the fact that they have it in writing that they were supposed to receive x amount of ponies. Especially the people who have emails from TRU stating that it's for 6, and it's been looked into.

If TRU didn't think they were liable for something, then some people wouldn't be walking out of the store with 2 ponies for the price of one.
I can understand someone not wanting to stand there in the store and have it out with a manager, but I believe if someone did do that, the store would have to follow through on it, especially if they walked in with emails confirming it etc.

Enough people have seen it, called in about it and emailed about it that it should've been corrected by now if it was wrong, but it's still up and the listing hasn't changed.

I'm still holding out for 6 ponies, or at the very least 1 of each.

I'm not stealing, I agree that if this were ebay, the seller would be liable for it, regardless of whether or not it was an error.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline elish2

• As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 19, 2013, 06:40:12 PM »
well got a shipping confirmation for the order. I can already tell it is going to be one pony per order by the weight. SO there ya go, I am planning on calling back to CS with my ref# they gave me once the ponies get here.
elish22 | eBay

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 19, 2013, 06:47:01 PM »
I figured I'd email them before I placed an order, so we'll see what response I get.

As others have said, I'm not expecting to get all six, but hey, it's not my fault it was incorrectly listed. At this point if it was a mistake, you would think the number of phone calls and emails would have tipped them off to it by now. Most websites don't hesitate to fix things, because of situations like this. That's a lot of merchandise basically being given away, and I'm wondering why anyone hasn't noticed by now...
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline melipuffles

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 19, 2013, 07:21:21 PM »
*  Okay- so reading through the responses on this thread- 
*  Some people are getting to the store and getting only one pony-
*  Some are getting to the store and getting no pony- because because the store tells them they aren't available for release until 9/2.  (That I actually would have a problem with if they had confirmed the order and said it was available for pick up since it would be a total waste of gas).

I haven't heard from any person who got to the store and was given 6 ponies. 

Yes- I guess with an email from customer service (who is reading it the same way we are) you might be able to insist on 6 if you throw a fit- (although they could also just refund your purchase price)- But here's the problem- don't we all KNOW it is a mistake in the listing?  I mean really-  6 Funko ponies for essentially $2.49 each?  The packaging probably cost more than that! 

Could you really look a store employee in the face and tell them that you reasonably understood and relied on the listing to be selling 6 ponies for $14.99?  I would feel like I were trying to steal something.   I'd be happy with just the ponies.
I'm not expecting six ponies, I'm honestly hoping I just get either of them at all, especially if I can get them early, but on the off chance I do actually get six, I'd be happy. I wouldn't push the issue if they told me they could only give me one.

brandon_y_83

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #147 on: August 19, 2013, 07:31:16 PM »
I'm not expecting six ponies, I'm honestly hoping I just get either of them at all, especially if I can get them early, but on the off chance I do actually get six, I'd be happy. I wouldn't push the issue if they told me they could only give me one.

Not expecting 6 ponies is the fastest way not to get 6 ponies  :P

Offline BrinnyTheBrave

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 19, 2013, 07:57:02 PM »
I really just want the Celestia, but I'm not setting my money down on anything until I know for a fact that it's a vinyl Funko Celestia.

Offline melipuffles

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 19, 2013, 08:31:33 PM »

Not expecting 6 ponies is the fastest way not to get 6 ponies  :P

Or no ponies, if they decide to cancel my order. :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal