collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Disappointed with a pony purchase. . . :sigh:  (Read 1208 times)

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
Disappointed with a pony purchase. . . :sigh:
« on: August 14, 2013, 11:53:12 PM »
So, I bought a lot of ponies this past week, and I just got them in.  The pictures made them look in pretty good condition, but most of them really aren't.

The seller WAS pretty vague about the condition, and I probably should've asked, but several of them have MAJOR issues that I feel were obvious and should have been disclosed, and one of them was was photographed to hide her damage. . .

I have messaged the seller, but I don't really expect much to be done about it, due to the vagueness and such.  Really, I would just like a partial refund, of my shipping of $6 to basically cover the cost of one pony. 

I paid $35 with shipping for eight ponies.  Most of them are fairly common.  I am thankful the main pony I was after IS in pretty good condition.  She has a body / head mismatch, but she's still a pretty big upgrade from the one I've just now traded out of my collection. 

One pony has major hair cuts, and fairly evident regrind. 

Another, a white pony, was taken with a picture with flash, to hide the fact that it looks like someone took a box cutter to her face( and various other parts of her body).  X_X  She also has a lot of multiple brown spots on her that are permanent.  They don't look like cancer, since there's only the marks, and none of the sort of ripple effect through the cancer. . .  Her hair is burned, and it's frizzy.

Most of the ponies have pretty frizzy hair.  The one that doesn't have frizzy hair is the one with the major haircuts.  LOL.  Go figure. 

The rest are. . .eh, okay, they're currently going through the Raja Quik-E Spa, and I hope with that I can recoup the prices I paid for them.  I had bought them for three ponies, but will only be keeping one.  X_X  The rest were going to be for resale.  Being a lot, I did expect a lot of small play flaws. . .  Just not this much. 

Oh well.  The silver lining was that I had been bidding on another lot of their's!  I got outbid!  They were a bunch of internationals which I was looking more for keeps.  I am definitely glad I didn't get them, even if I really wanted a nice German Bluebell, but I would've hated to be even more disappointed! 

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Re: Disappointed with a pony purchase. . . :sigh:
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 03:28:58 AM »
:(  I'd have been disappointed with that lot too! I mean yes you take a risk, especially with non collectors on  ebay, and ones who post vague descriptions, but  still... those faults sound obvious - especially the white pony. Do you have a link to the auction?  You did the right thing contacting the seller anyways - lets hope they offer a good solution. Please let us know how it goes
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline MiRaja

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 12:56:22 PM »
Here's the original auction:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/My-Little-Pony-MAIL-ORDER-ONLY-Goldilocks-Perfume-Puff-Magic-Message-more-/251304114029?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&nma=true&si=wj46%252BjHOwUUhYVrN3P3RGQICFeo%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Cloud Dreamer has the bad cuts.  She's turned just right so the cuts can't be seen. 

Bright Bouquet has the cuts to her face, again, everything turned away, or brightened up enough to hide it.  They made her look like she is WHITE in the photos.  She most definitely is not. . .  And the brown spots.  Bah. 

I knew about Windy's symbol damage, or most of it, but she came in worse as well.

You can kind of see the damage to Goldilock's cheek, but it just looks like dirt versus a pretty bad scuff from something like cement.  X_X 

Squeezer is pretty nice, but her head has yellowed and darkened and her body hasn't.  It's not a slight mismatch, it's a pretty major mismatch.  Frizzy, dry hair, again, but I did get it to brighten up with cream of tartar and shampoo, so least there is that? 

Sweet Suds looks alright, got some writing on her hooves, but she should clean up well enough for a decent sale. 

I've yet to receive anything back thus far.  I just keep telling myself that I'm lucky I didn't win the other lot, and that I have purchased a $35 Dainty Dahlia that is in. . .  well, she's pretty nice, but that's about all.  XD  I've got most of the ponies cleaned up at least, so I may be able to break even at least.  MAYBE.  We'll see. 

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 01:03:57 PM »
The photo looks like it is taken in natural light, from a window to the right. Photoshop? Sorry you've had a bad buy. I went to a different city to pick up a lot of 13 G1's once and only one was OK. But even she had a tiny cancer spot on her DS. Not worth the train fare. But sometimes we get luckyx
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 01:53:59 PM »
I was looking at that lot and so glad I didn't bid. It's so wrong for sellers to hide flaws like that. I definitely would contact them. I probably would have asked questions before the auction ended as well too since there wasn't any info about conditions of the ponies.

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 02:07:58 PM »
I personally think that based on the ID of every pony in the listing along with descriptions about the ponies (not condition), the seller almost sounds as though they were a collector, heck they know more than I do about those ponies.
I believe collector or not, when you list items as used, ebay now requires you to fill in that one box that states explicit details about the items.

I'm so sorry that you ended up with ponies in such shady condition and that it wasn't disclosed in the listing.

I'm glad you're happy that you got the one pony you wanted (I have no idea which one you were referring to), can you tell I don't know my G1's? lol

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013, 03:04:13 PM »
Oh, wow, I would never guess from the auction that they're in terrible shape.  I know you can make them show-stopper gorgeous!

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2013, 03:23:11 PM »
MiRaja, I think that these ponies will clean up nicely, and if you'd like some tips, I'd love to help you.  This is one of those unfortunate ambiguous eBay photos that shows basically nothing. 

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2013, 03:38:23 PM »
I am sorry you are disappointed with your recent purchase. The photo really does look like they are in nice condition.  :huh: Her description though mentions nothing of their conditions, other than here is Cloud Dreamer-a unicorn with a blue cloud on the side. So I do not think she is a collector.

But if I have learned anything over the years with buying lots with a very vague description, it is to ask questions or ask for extra photos. I have been burned one to many times, actually more times than I would like to admit.

Hopefully you hear back from them soon but beware their solution maybe to return the ponies. They are under no obligation to give you a partial unfortunately. Unless they are honest and do it on their own accord.  :huh:
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2013, 04:01:03 PM »
Burnt hair? Really!? That's definitely something they should have stated plainly.
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2013, 05:47:35 PM »
Keep us updated!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2013, 02:52:46 PM »
MiRaja, I think that these ponies will clean up nicely, and if you'd like some tips, I'd love to help you.  This is one of those unfortunate ambiguous eBay photos that shows basically nothing.

Yesyes! I would take this lady up on her offer  :biggrin:
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline MiRaja

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2013, 12:33:34 AM »
Good news!

The seller was very polite, and offered to refund me a partial of $15, which was too much, in my opinion, and I asked for $10 instead.  Phew. 

Anyways, I've got it handled fixing up the dirt and such, but burned hair, brown stains, and cuts to the body are a bit permanent.  XD 

Dainty Dahlia cleaned up very well, which was the main pony I was after.  Sweet Suds cleaned up pretty well too, but it took me around 2 hours to tease her hair out of the dreads.  XD  I just have to finish working on Goldilocks whose a royal frizz ball.  XD

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2013, 02:46:15 AM »
Thats great! :cheer:  I'm really happy to hear the seller offered you a partial and you both worked things out :bigups:   Hopefully the seller learned something for future pony auctions too

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal