collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Lock please mods  (Read 1657 times)

Offline SFlame

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+123)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Lock please mods
« on: August 14, 2013, 01:21:48 AM »
Lock please mods!

Turned into argument over whether it is okay to end auctions early by asking for low BINs rather than letting an auction run..

« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 10:17:32 AM by SFlame »

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Staff
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay BIN tactics on 6 piggy auction...
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 01:23:29 AM »
:'(  lucky person!!!! :)

Offline SFlame

• Classifieds
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 01:28:59 AM »
Not lucky.. Devious the auction was started as an auction a buy it now was added so they must have asked for it

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Staff
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 01:31:37 AM »
I only looked at the picture and price and thought lucky!!  But you are quite right....

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 01:37:33 AM »
I feel sorry for the seller who just got tricked out of several hundred pounds, what if they really needed that money?  :huh:
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

Offline minamarie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2013, 01:39:34 AM »
ouch for the seller  :|  seems not thaaat fair..

just hope the price was offered by the seller himself
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 01:41:35 AM by minamarie »

Offline Nappercasper

• Oh Happy Tails
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2013, 01:40:48 AM »
Seriously people who do this really annoy me. Poor seller.

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2013, 02:17:05 AM »
 :huh:  :what:

I don't see why that is a bad thing, someone won them, lucky them surely? :shrug: Yes, they must have asked for a BIN, but I wouldn't call that particularly devious. Nothing on eBay says you can't offer a BIN if there are no current bids.

I think very well done to them, I'd feel really sad if it was someone here who won and now doesn't know whether to brag or not, I wouldn't want to put them off. I can see your point of view though, going so cheap seems insanity, but that's the wrath of eBay. Some soar, some flop.

The seller appears to be a dealer/trader, chances are they do need the money, since buying things cheap and selling them on higher is generally a traders job, but what can be done now? It's too late, I do feel sorry that they got ripped off of the money, but I won't even comment on my feelings towards traders at car boot and flea markets, its like vultures out there. I have had bad experiences with some (NOT all) when both buying and selling.

Well done to whoever got them, that's a pretty impressive price, and so many!

Offline Nappercasper

• Oh Happy Tails
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2013, 02:33:20 AM »
Not really, because obviously know what they have there and know what they are worth. So ripping off someone who knows nothing who if they had gone through the auction would have got hundreds sounds very selfish to me. There are doubles so I doubt someone brought them all to keep.

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2013, 02:45:58 AM »
True, but other people could have done the same. Maybe the person who bought needed the money too? I think there is always two sides to every story, so I'm not going to judge them. It was slightly selfish, but that's their course of action. I don't want to point the blame finger, since it may have been someone here, and that would be really upsetting for them. I am indecisive, so I'm not siding with the seller or the buyer. It's a shame, it should have run it's course, I would've loved to see what it sold for!

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2013, 03:00:40 AM »
If the seller had listed it as BIN and someone had bought it, I'd say that was lucky. But for someone who knows the value of those items to purposely asked the seller for a (seriously undervalued) BIN is not nice. I mean, the buyer could even have given the seller 500 and still made a profit. :huh:

If they had not done this, the auction would have continued, other people would have gotten a fair chance to bid and the seller would have gotten a fair price.
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2013, 03:02:42 AM »
I'm in two minds about this sort of thing. I'm sure some would argue that the buyer is immoral for offering a relatively low amount for the items, but how many of us wouldn't try to get a pony at the best possible price? When we hear of members picking up rare ponies at flea markets for a fraction of their "true worth", I don't think anyone would blame the buyer. If you found a Rapunzel or Sweet Scoops, would you offer $3 or $300?

And does the seller have no responsibility to find out what they are actually selling and get the most out of it? There really is two sides to every story.

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2013, 03:05:16 AM »
I'm in two minds about this sort of thing. I'm sure some would argue that the buyer is immoral for offering a relatively low amount for the items, but how many of us wouldn't try to get a pony at the best possible price? When we hear of members picking up rare ponies at flea markets for a fraction of their "true worth", I don't think anyone would blame the buyer. If you found a Rapunzel or Sweet Scoops, would you offer $3 or $300?

And does the seller have no responsibility to find out what they are actually selling and get the most out of it? There really is two sides to every story.

That's how I feel. I felt nervous posting 'how many of us would want a pony for a fraction of their worth?'. I feel the same as you.

Offline minamarie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2013, 03:06:50 AM »
thats what i say- if the seller made the priceoffer i think its ok (and would congrats to his brag bigtime) even if you dont tell him its to low (like at a normal bin or fleamarket..). maybe even somebody entirely else stumpled upon the bin (that someone "maybe shady" asked for) first!! man HE would be lucky as hell  ;)
but if the seller insisted the buyer to make a fair price its naaah...
but we dont know how it went.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 03:36:04 AM by minamarie »

Offline SFlame

• Classifieds
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2013, 04:03:47 AM »
If we all did what this buyer did no nirvana buyers would have a chance at rare ponies.
It is underhand because if the buyer was genuine they would offer what the ponies are worth, i have no problem with cheap buy it nows, or rare ponies at thrift stores.

However once an auction has started asking for a bin is very immoral, with the intent to stop the other bidders from having a chance and the seller from getting a fair price by abusing their lack of knowledge. Something like piggys in paticular are not obvious to non collectors, so i suspect a nirvana collector arranged this transaction.

I for one would not deal or buy from this person.

Post Merge: August 14, 2013, 04:05:57 AM

Oh and i certainly would not encourage or congratulate them...*rolls eyes*
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 04:05:57 AM by SFlame »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal