collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Lock please mods  (Read 1656 times)

Offline Nappercasper

• Oh Happy Tails
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Lock please mods
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2013, 11:31:15 AM »
Oh my when did so many people think this is ok... Guess every time I see a rare pony I should low ball and see what happens... I could get rare ponies for cheap! Actually nah I have a conscience and wouldn't do it.  I am totally miffed at the amount of people openly thinking its ok!

Offline mercynova

• NSS Buttons
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2013, 11:43:26 AM »
Oh my when did so many people think this is ok... Guess every time I see a rare pony I should low ball and see what happens... I could get rare ponies for cheap! Actually nah I have a conscience and wouldn't do it.  I am totally miffed at the amount of people openly thinking its ok!

I know... me too! I'm glad people are coming forwards to say that this really isn't okay!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2013, 11:44:59 AM »
Pertaining to the questions about "morality" and "personal justification" -

I would agree that in another country, on another auction site, and with another item, this would not have necessarily been so bad, or even wrong at all...

But Here, where we as a COMMUNITY convene to buy, sell, and trade My Little Ponies, I feel it was completely out of line.  Yes, we may have all done it or something like it at one point as a newbie, and got our butt handed to us as a result, and we knew Never to do it again. 

But We all as Nirvana pony collectors KNOW what is expected of us, and we work on the "do unto others as you would have them do to you" rule in this community (particularly with Nirvana ponies).  Therefore, I hope in my heart of hearts, this mystery buyer who may have asked for a BIN (if in fact, this did occur), is NOT a member here, where he or she should know better (and would be expected to know better before even knowing what a Piggy Pony was).
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 11:48:47 AM by Stormy31685 »

Offline angelponies

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2013, 11:56:04 AM »
Hmm I have a serious question about all this. If it is ok in some peoples minds to make an offer to an ebay seller and they list a BIN and boom the item is gone :blink:, then do we all need to start doing that in fears that it might be done anyways and we lose out on the chance at a rare Nirvana pony? I'm scratching my head here. I think a great deal is a great deal, but when it comes to ebay where people "Bid" on stuff. Is that going to be the new normal? I would like to know because I really don't want to miss out on future rare ponies, if it is ok to do that now?  :lookround: just doesn't sound right in my humble opinion.

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2013, 12:03:03 PM »
Locking this thread.

'Official' Arena stance is to disagree with the practice of asking a seller to end an auction early, denying others the chance to participate, especially at a fraction of their worth. This does not mean the seller is blameless, but it was the buyer that put forth the request.

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2013, 12:05:56 PM »
Before we lock this I am going to tell a story.

About 5 years ago, as an experiment, we mods put a lot of ponies on ebay. We had Nirvana's in there, a mimic and like 6 peachy's.
We put it under an anonymous account, and on for $5 starting price.

We had 10 Arena members email us and tell us the lot was worth around $30-$40 and offering us that kind of cash.
Between us, we knew the lot was worth around $300 +.

The Arena and ALL the community loathes and hates the practice of lowballing a seller. Yes, some should have done the research, but ebay is complicated enough to use, and some people are just too busy with real life.

If you do lowball or email a seller like this, while not against ebays rules - you'll find yourself VERY unpopular.

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal