collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Canceled for 2014 - Pennsylvania Pony Meet in 2014, UPDATE page 5  (Read 4010 times)

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
Update on page 5
-------
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I'm starting to plan a Pony Meet near Reading, Pennsylvania to be held in September 2014. I know this is more than a year away, but I'm trying to gauge interest to help with my planning. I'm looking into renting a place to hold the meet, so having a rough estimate of people interested will help me to find an appropriate size venue.

-approx. 1.5hr west of Philadelphia
-approx. 2hr north of Baltimore
-approx. 4hr east of Pittsburgh
-located about 15 minutes from an exit of the PA turnpike.

Date: mid-late September 2014, on a Saturday

Questions:
-Will you bring anyone other than yourself (significant other, friend, parent, children, ect.)? If you plan to bring children, please let me know ages so that I can plan appropriate activities.

-How would you feel about paying a small admission to help cover costs of the venue (I'm thinking $5-10 depending on the cost of the venue)?

-Would you be willing to bring a food contribution?

-Have you attended any other pony events, such as a local meet or the Fair?

Also, please be aware that while all types of pony fans are welcomed, this will be an event like the "old school pony collector meets". If you are only interested in G4 & none of the earlier Generations, this may not be the meet for you.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 07:44:14 PM by kitkatvintage »

Offline Summer-blade

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=100000958584055
Re: gauging interest: Pennsylvania Pony Meet in 2014
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 11:10:42 AM »
I'd be on for this, I've been to a few meets before

I typical bring my boyfriend with me, sometimes a few other friends. I would be ok with paying a fee most meets I've been to have a $5 per person fee to cover cost of food and costs of the meet are some times subsided with raffles.

I can bring food no problem.

Will you have a custom contest? do you need donations for a prize table?   

Offline Ivaness

• Henry the 8th's Missing Wife
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Most Happy
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 11:16:52 AM »
Being just an hour away from Reading, I know myself and Ginger would definitely go. :)

I'd prolly try and talk my boyfriend into coming, if not, I'd take Ginger as my date and my boyfriend could go hang out with hers. XD  I do have a 9 year old son, but I don't know if I'd take him or not.

A small admission fee is fine by me.

Seeing as I'm not a very good cook, do desserts count?

And I've never been to a "meet" outside of like... the Renn Faire. :)

Avatar by: KissTheThunder Signature By: Nence
Silver Shy Ref Autine Ref

Offline kitkatvintage

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 11:41:10 AM »
Thank you, both! :)

For the questions so far:

Custom contest: Yes. I'm not a customizer myself, but I know that lots of people are, so I'd be happy to have a custom contest. No theme yet... still at the very beginning planning stage. ;)

Prize donations: Maybe. If people want to donate prizes, that would be great although I would not expect everyone to donate prizes if they don't want to.

Food donations: Don't worry, I'm not a good cook either, lol! Food donations don't have to be home made. ;) It could be drinks, snacks, desserts, or other store-bought food. Once plans are set, I'll make a food donation sign-up, so that we don't end up with 20 people bringing cookies & no one bringing anything else.

Questions are totally welcome & will definitely help me with planning. Thank you!!! :biggrin:

Offline Ivaness

• Henry the 8th's Missing Wife
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Most Happy
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 04:16:35 PM »
>.> I like making cookies though. Can I just sign up 20 times for cookies, then? lol. And there is nothing like homemade food. :)

What exactly is a pony meet?

Avatar by: KissTheThunder Signature By: Nence
Silver Shy Ref Autine Ref

Offline Ginger

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • TE Bright Eyes Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 04:20:15 PM »
GOING! I'm totally going. I live 15 minutes outside of Reading. I can't believe something is actually happening in this area!

Of course I would be willing to bring food and an admission if it's reasonable. I will not take my boyfriend though as he would not be amused. XD This would be my first pony meetup.

:frolic:

Wanted | Flickr | Tumblr | PonyDex

Offline kitkatvintage

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2013, 04:39:15 PM »
What exactly is a pony meet?

Usually a pony meet is a group of collectors that get together for the day to have fun with other collectors. People bring things to buy/sell/trade. There are usually games, sometimes a custom contest. Since its an all day thing (like maybe 9-10am until 4-5pm), there's typically food. It's basically an excuse to get together with people who share your love of ponies. :)

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2013, 05:31:29 PM »

Answers:
-Will you bring anyone other than yourself:  Yes, most likely I will have one adult with me.  No children.

-How would you feel about paying a small admission to help cover costs of the venue:  Of course!

-Would you be willing to bring a food contribution?:  Yes, as long as I don't have to cook.    You REALLY don't want me to cook, hahaha!

-Have you attended any other pony events, such as a local meet or the Fair?  I attended the MD Pony Meet once (so long ago, I can't even believe it)

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2013, 06:07:29 PM »
I'd possibly be interested. Reading's only an hour away, but I am also shy about stuff like this.

-I might conceivably bring a person, but if I did it'd only be one.
-I'd gladly bring food and pay a donation if I came
-Never been to a meet like this before.
I'll put something here some time

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2013, 06:23:05 PM »
I would totally be interested. I always miss the meets in Minnesota cause I come back to Philly for school! So this would be perfect. I've never gone to a pony meetup before, but I've wanted to ever since I heard they exist. I would probably bring my boyfriend. I think an admission fee sounds more than reasonable too, and I would try my best to bring food as well - I can't cook, but my boyfriend sure can.

Offline kitkatvintage

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2013, 06:34:59 PM »
Thanks to everyone that has replied so far! :biggrin:

I'd possibly be interested. Reading's only an hour away, but I am also shy about stuff like this.

You will find that a lot of pony people are shy, but please don't let that stop you. :) Pony people are generally a very friendly bunch, so even if you're shy people will make each other feel welcome.

Offline shimmer73083

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2013, 06:37:44 PM »
I'm starting to plan a Pony Meet near Reading, Pennsylvania to be held in September 2014. I know this is more than a year away, but I'm trying to gauge interest to help with my planning. I'm looking into renting a place to hold the meet, so having a rough estimate of people interested will help me to find an appropriate size venue.

-approx. 1.5hr west of Philadelphia
-approx. 2hr north of Baltimore
-approx. 4hr east of Pittsburgh
-located about 15 minutes from an exit of the PA turnpike.

Date: mid-late September 2014, on a Saturday

Questions:
-Will you bring anyone other than yourself (significant other, friend, parent, children, ect.)? If you plan to bring children, please let me know ages so that I can plan appropriate activities.

-How would you feel about paying a small admission to help cover costs of the venue (I'm thinking $5-10 depending on the cost of the venue)?

-Would you be willing to bring a food contribution?

-Have you attended any other pony events, such as a local meet or the Fair?

Also, please be aware that while all types of pony fans are welcomed, this will be an event like the "old school pony collector meets". If you are only interested in G4 & none of the earlier Generations, this may not be the meet for you.

Um, yes! I think you were reading my mind, KitKat because I was just thinking about a meet in this area the other day. :)

I would love to go with a plus one. I'm not a great cook but can contribute something for food. Depending on cost of the venue, I also wouldn't mind helping with that.

I have been to the Fair twice and had a blast both times. It would be really neat to meet other collectors around here in person.

Let me know what I can do to help!!!!

Offline Summer-blade

• Trade Count: (+40)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=100000958584055
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2013, 07:02:21 PM »
Thanks to everyone that has replied so far! :biggrin:

You will find that a lot of pony people are shy, but please don't let that stop you. :) Pony people are generally a very friendly bunch, so even if you're shy people will make each other feel welcome.

oh yes my first pony meet was the MD meet and it was the best! I have come out of mu shell so much since that meet and I love meets!

Offline kitkatvintage

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2013, 07:41:54 AM »
:bump: back up to page 1 :bump:

Thanks to everyone who has replied so far! I've cross-posted at the TP, and I've got several pony friends who have expressed interest, but haven't posted on either thread... so I think Pennsylvania is long over due for a meet! :biggrin:

Offline LilAlleyCat

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2013, 10:15:33 AM »
You know I would be there (barring unforeseen circumstances)!!!

I am happy to do whatever needed to support the meet. You know my meet history and personal info already   :newpony:

~Single handedly increasing the value of your MOC/MIB collection by opening mine!~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal