collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New Disney Dolls from the upcoming movie "Frozen"  (Read 4780 times)

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
New Disney Dolls from the upcoming movie "Frozen"
« on: August 11, 2013, 09:20:32 PM »
I was at Disney's D23 Expo this weekend and they released an exclusive doll set for the upcoming film "Frozen" that will be in theaters in November. Here are Elsa and Anna, the main characters of the film. Similar dolls (probably styled a little differently) will supposedly be released in September to the Disney Stores as well as two male characters from the film.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: New Disney Dolls from the upcoming movie "Frozen"
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 10:16:25 PM »
I really like the top of the blonde one's hair ^.^ It's different. I'm really looking forward to seeing Frozen.
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 11:43:45 PM »
Ooh, they're gorgeous! :inlove:

Did you happen to learn if Mattel will be doing a Frozen line for TRU/Target/Walmart/etc, like they usually do with Disney stuff? I ask because I limit my Disney collection to just Mattel dolls (no Disney Store here, so it's also helpful for my sanity!)  ^.^
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 06:46:53 AM »
I hadn't heard of that movie before so I had to look it up. It looks like it wil be really good. And Idina Menzel is playing the voice of Elsa!! Can't wait to hear her in this!! I love her voice!

Those dolls are super cute. I hope Mattel has its version. I don't have a Disney store anywhere near me. :(

Offline SALTY5621

• Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Tastes good in your mouth
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 06:51:45 AM »
i just googled... nopenopenopenopenopenope. they screwed it up. nope. done. outies.

Offline toyjunky

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 12:37:40 PM »
Did you happen to learn if Mattel will be doing a Frozen line for TRU/Target/Walmart/etc, like they usually do with Disney stuff? I ask because I limit my Disney collection to just Mattel dolls (no Disney Store here, so it's also helpful for my sanity!)  ^.^

Yes there will be a general merchandise line from Mattel including a few doll variations. They had some of the dolls on display. I did look at them, but did not get pictures. To be totally honest (and everyone has their own opinions and likes and dislikes) I was not impressed by the Mattel dolls. They had a lot of painted on clothing pieces (tops/vests and arms) and the fashion doll set to me, for the Anna doll (one in braids) was heavy on glitter (and glitter painted on clothing).

I did find one picture online (I believe this was the fashion set)
http://www.therotoscopers.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/anna-elsa-barbie-dolls-frozen-disney.jpg

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2013, 12:58:05 PM »
Those are cute!

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2013, 01:17:40 PM »

Yes there will be a general merchandise line from Mattel including a few doll variations. They had some of the dolls on display. I did look at them, but did not get pictures. To be totally honest (and everyone has their own opinions and likes and dislikes) I was not impressed by the Mattel dolls. They had a lot of painted on clothing pieces (tops/vests and arms) and the fashion doll set to me, for the Anna doll (one in braids) was heavy on glitter (and glitter painted on clothing).

http://www.therotoscopers.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/anna-elsa-barbie-dolls-frozen-disney.jpg

Ooh thank you! Much appreciated. Fortunately, I like the look of those as well :biggrin:
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Katgyrl

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Just a pony and her sewing machine...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2013, 03:28:02 PM »

I agree, Mattel's dolls are not as nice as the Disney ones. Those girls you have pictured are gorgeous! The linked picture set is not nearly as pretty, but I guess more kid friendly (which is what Mattel is really going for anyway, right?)

I can't wait to see the movie!

Offline katieklassified

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2013, 03:47:44 PM »
UGH ALL MY WANTS

HELP ME NAME MY PONYSONA!

Kobold

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2013, 04:42:03 AM »
That little redhead has the cutest face!

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2013, 04:45:00 AM »
Cute dolls! If I like the movie I may get them :) I planned on getting the Merida doll, but the Brave movie totally ruined it for me. I didn't like her character so it made me dislike the doll XD I hope this isn't the case with this movie! Thanks for the info and picture :D
My Wish List

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2013, 07:49:01 AM »
I'm still confused about Anna's hair color.  She looks more like a dirty blonde in the movie frames but her dolls give her really red hair.  Almost Merida red. 

Offline CrystalMist

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Colorado is sooooo pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2013, 10:17:48 AM »
So detail and beautiful!!! Wow!
I'm always looking for a Blythe accessories. PM me for any info!cloud_weaver is the best sister ever!!! :heart:

Offline toyjunky

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2013, 06:53:49 PM »
I'm still confused about Anna's hair color.  She looks more like a dirty blonde in the movie frames but her dolls give her really red hair.  Almost Merida red. 

From the clips they showed us, the movie looks like it will be very good, and I can't wait for it to come out in theaters.

I think Anna's hair color is somewhere in between blonde and red, somewhere in that sort of strawberry blonde or even a slight auburn range. Even in the various concept art and film clips they showed us at one of the seminars the colors were inconsistent between everything (sometimes blonde and some a slight red) but that can be fairly normal in concept art and finished product. Here is a picture of Anna and Elsa that was a large display board at the convention.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 07:21:40 PM by toyjunky »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal