collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Virginia Pony Meet~! (Sep 1st in Emporia, VA)  (Read 5896 times)

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
Re: Virginia Pony Meet~! (Sep 1st in Emporia, VA)
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2013, 04:13:28 PM »

Was it ever decided that we are going to do a swap? I saw mention of it earlier, but no one really said! I would love to do a G1, G3, G4 swap (I have like 5 G2s lol) I just need to know so I can get some boxes ready! And if we are going to do that, is there a monetary amount we should shoot for the boxes to be valued at?

I'm working on the details on this because other meets have done the swap before but the VA meet never has, I hope to have a full activities list up in the next couple of days, and that will include the swap details. I have some other new events planned and I'm working on the details, as well as the room and table layout, etc.

I will probably email the activities list and post it as well as sending out info on a list of foods/snack items we will be needing. People are welcome to bring their own food/drink items that they like anyway but I try to make a list of what we'll be needing or ideas of things to bring. I'll probably be emailing all that out and posting over the next couple of days.

Real life work has had me really swamped, so I'm sorry I'm a little behind on getting everything together. Hopefully I'll have the list of activities and potluck food list very soon.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline FarDreamer

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • The "Mystery" Pony from Firefly's Adventure!
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Preservation Project
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2013, 04:17:42 PM »
Oh and I just got the bug to collect vintage LPS since I just found some of my childhood ones-- so bring em on! And I have a gathering of vintage SSC too! I have a feeling I need to rob a bank to pay for everything ;)

Ok!  I'll bring my LPS.  Are you saying you have SSC, or want SSC?  I would LOVE to get rid of some of these!!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart:  www.MLPpreservationproject.com  :heart:
A comprehensive resource for information on the restoration
of ponies, accessories, and playsets from all generations!

Offline nessy_86

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2013, 04:21:51 PM »
No worries! I just need to know to buy something for the G4 part of the swap if it ends up being the different generations for a swap :) Everything else I have!

Thanks for all your work on this! I'm excited to come to my very first swap.

I have a type of dessert I can make (among other things). It's called "cookie salad"! I might just make it just because it's not anything I've ever seen around here-- I think it's a Minnesota thing! :) Will there be a fridge there or anything or do we need to bring a cooler to keep things cold?

And I have a bunch of SSC already. You could always snap a pic of what you have and maybe there is something I need. Is there anything you would hope to trade for?

Offline FarDreamer

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2013, 04:27:08 PM »
If anyone's interested, my husband and I usually go out to dinner after pony meets and we invite anyone who wants to come along. It always ends up being really fun and gives us a chance to get to know folks better since it's usually a smaller crowd.

Nessy:  I'll try to get a picture of my SSC over the weekend.  I only collect MLP and FSF's, and would definitely be interested in doing trades.

Offline Summer-blade

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=100000958584055
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2013, 05:34:06 PM »
had it been any day besides the 1st I would have been able to make it...oh well have fun guys

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2013, 04:09:58 AM »
oh yay Fardreamer - count me in for doing the dinner before the long haul back :-) and coolio that you have SSC - I only have a few so sure we can find something for trading ;-)

Oh yes EVERYONE please bring gift-wrapped ponies :-) for swapping =  thanks KarentheUnicorn for juggling RL and organizing for us!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 04:36:56 AM by maycrestmom »

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline WildBlue

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Possibly maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2013, 04:17:53 AM »
I'm getting so excited for this! I feel like I am getting a little hyper already.
What are these SCC?

Also, I have a couple of FSF accessories. I think I only have Anya accessories.  Not sure,but I will bring them too!

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2013, 04:36:04 AM »
ooops - my bad for acronyms = strawberry shortcake dolls :-)

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline WildBlue

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Possibly maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2013, 04:39:19 AM »
ooops - my bad for acronyms = strawberry shortcake dolls :-)

Ohh it is ok! I see what I did there and mixed the letters around a bit.  I do that some times :(

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2013, 05:06:15 AM »
What are these SCC?!

I think it's supposed to be SSC for Strawberry Shortcake.

Offline FarDreamer

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2013, 05:25:40 PM »
oh yay Fardreamer - count me in for doing the dinner before the long haul back :-) and coolio that you have SSC - I only have a few so sure we can find something for trading ;-)

I'll definitely bring them.  You can have ALL my SSC dolls for some of those ponies!

Looks like I'm going to need a table after all!

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2013, 09:10:19 PM »
Awww, miss you guys! It's been 2 years since I was able to make a meet, right?  Have fun for me!

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2013, 05:11:29 PM »
Hi Guys,

I just emailed the contact list but I'm also gonna post this here for anyone who might not have sent in their email yet or for those who are carpooling and I don't have your email.

Food

If you have an dish, snack or item you are already intending to bring to share with the meet, then we welcome anything yummy you'd like to share with us. The Golden Leaf Commons has a kitchen so hot or cold items I think are going to be okay. Please be sure to bring whatever bowl you need to serve the item in; since the VA meet only has a minimal amount of serving plates/bowls/trays.

If you are unsure what to bring and need some ideas, here is a list of a few things the you can consider volunteering to bring to help out the meet. I know some of you have ponypeople riding with you who I might not have the email of. If you can pass on this info to them, in case they would like to help the meet and bring something:

12 pack of canned soda/drinks  - The fridge box kind are great because we can stack them on the table and it makes it a lot easier for people to select the drink they want.

Bottled Water

Cookies - We appreciate homemade or store bought, because cookies are yummy. Other items that might qualify, things like teddy grams, goldfish or fig newtons. Any sort of snack item like this would be great.

Cheese and Crackers - Is anyone else getting hungry yet. If someone wants to bring a cheese tray or cheese ball that's fine, I don't think anybody is gonna complain but I'm just as happy with easy cheese in a can. Crackers; there are so many different kinds, it's really up to you :)

Fruit and/or Veggie Tray - Store bought trays are fine :)

Other foods - There are lots of options I am not thinking of right now, so please feel free to offer me more ideas.

Also, once you've decided on something you'd like to bring, please email me back and let me know what kind of item you are bringing. I'll make up a list, just so we don't have to many of the same thing.

Lunch at the meet

I'm thinking we will probably do lunch around 1:00. What has worked in the past and seems to be good for everyone is Pizza. We have a couple of pizza places in Emporia and right now I'm thinking Pizza hut might workout best for us.

What I'd like everyone to do is let me know what kind of pizza you prefer. We also take up a collection to order the pizza the morning of and the general amount has been each person who wants to eat pizza will pitching in $5. If each person can email me back on which pizza you prefer before the day of the meet. I can get my list going of everything we need to order ahead of time.

Activities List

Okay, the activities list. Sometimes we don't always get to all the activities. This is a preliminary list of what we have planned right now.

1. Wack-A-Fakie - Yep, it's just what it sounds like. Whoever can hit the fakie the furthest wins a prize.

2. T-Shirt Painting - bring your own t-shirt and paint a pony design on it. IF you are bringing a t-shirt please let me know if you would like a stencil outline of a pony. I can do G1 and G4 outlines and some G3 as well. Just let me know if you'd like one. If you want to wing it and be brave, that is awesome to.

3. Custom Contest - this year you will be creating your custom at the meet. You can bring your own bait or choose one from what we will have available. I also have some g3 blank ponies I ordered from hasbro. I have a limited number of these, and yes, if you choose one of these you do need to customize it.

Customs will be judged, winners will get prizes! Yay!

4. Adventure Card Game Trivia - I'm putting a spin on trivia this year and using the adventure card game. So bring your favorite pony to play this awesome G1 pony game. Winner Gets a prize!

5. Dressed Like a Dream Race - Yes, who can be the fastest to dress their G1 pony. Fastest to dress your pony gets a prize.

6. Blind Bag Spoon Race - who can get to the finish line first, carrying a blind bag pony on a spoon. Whoever wins, gets a prize, yay.

7. Raffle - We are also having a raffle for a DJ Pony, poster and card set. We will have this setup at the VA meet table.

7. Door Prize - Each Ponyperson that comes to the meet will get a free entry into the door prize.

What is the door prize?

This year I customized a set of beaded hair G4 main 6 ponies; I actually won first place for my creation at this years MLP fair. Each pony person will get a card to fill out. I will have the cards in the gift bags each ponyperson will receive upon arrival at the meet.

I will make the winner their very own beaded hair pony. You can choose which main 6 character you like best and I will bead you up a new pony and mail it to you once I have completed it. I will have my main 6 set on display so you can see what they look like (sorry you can't have one of my first set). You can also choose different color beads, if you want a custom look to your pony. We can work that out once the winner is chosen.

I will also be selling extra entry cards for $5 to anyone who would like to enter that is not a ponyperson or if you want extra chances to win; but each ponyperson coming to the meet will get a free door prize entry card with their gift bag.

Okay, so I know I'm forgetting something but that's the short list of stuff planned for this years VA meet. If you have any questions please feel free to email back.

Post Merge: August 22, 2013, 05:17:39 PM

For anyone wanting to know what the beaded ponies look like:

« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 05:17:39 PM by KarentheUnicorn »
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline FarDreamer

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2013, 05:59:39 PM »
You're so crafty!

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2013, 07:56:18 PM »
I REALLY want to come again this year, but I have moved!! To New castle DE (near wilmington and on/near 95)

Is there  anyone travelling from the north that would like to carpool together, OR is there anyone near baltimore or a lil before or after that vicinity, that would be willing to let me ride with you if I pay for some gas?

I can't drive the whole 5 hours it takes to get to emporia for health reasons, and even traveling to DC on my own in on day would be a bit too much for me to have to drive home after..

So, anyone have any thoughts or need a riding buddy?>

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal