collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Virginia Pony Meet~! (Sep 1st in Emporia, VA)  (Read 5885 times)

Offline nessy_86

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Virginia Pony Meet~! (Sep 1st in Emporia, VA)
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2013, 04:15:58 AM »
I'm pretty sure we''ll be able to make the drive-- all depends on my husband's job situation (long story). But I am hoping to come! Will anyone have any G1s to sell/trade?

I don't do customs (I have the artistic ability of a mop), but that sounds like fun. It will great to see what everyone comes up with!

I've never been to a meet so any details would be great. Do we all bring something to eat? Bring something for a prize table? I've seen stuff like that on other meets so I just wanted to check. Sorry if I'm asking questions before anything has been decided! I'm just really detail oriented :D    :good:

Offline WildBlue

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Possibly maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2013, 06:46:03 AM »
I am thinking about bringing some of my G1s to sell/trade.
 I do have 5 So Soft ponies that I am not attached to/interested in at the very least.... Lickety Split, Wind Whistler, Paradise, Magic Star, and Sundance... All played with childhood items that need cleaning and a bit of restoration, but good ponies IMO -just not my thing. (and restore/cleaning scares me a bit on S.S.)
I have to go through the rest of my ponies and make some decisions.

BlondePonyTail

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2013, 06:59:53 AM »
I'm REALLY crossing my fingers that my family can come to this! We only live like an hour away but I have to see if I will have money ( after all of the back to school madness) to spend... * crosses fingers* here's to hoping!

Offline MoonStars

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2013, 07:17:48 AM »
I'll have a nice assortment of G1s and G3 s loose, one lonely G2,  a bunch of loose G4s and a bunch of G4 merchandise and some MIB  G4 stuff for sale; not so much thinking of trades because I'm not looking for many things at the moment, (particularly since I just splurged on the Pinkie Pie Boutique stuff... :erk:) but you never know. Depends what's for trade... :)

Does anyone have the clear vinyls of Pinkie Pie and Lyra? Those, I am wishing for. Naturally DB and I only received the "regular" ones when we ordered one of each (x2) for ourselves. I wish they would just give you a choice rather than this "one of four" randomly silliness. *frown* Mutter mutter grumble.

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2013, 10:53:22 AM »
If folks are looking for more Hotel Options, here are some in addition to what is listed on the website

Holiday Inn Express
1350 W Atlantic St Emporia, VA, 23847 United States, ‎1-866-573-4235‎

Hampton Inn
898 Wiggins Road Emporia, VA, 23847 United States, ‎1-866-767-0278

There is also a Hampton inn in StonyCreek
10476 Blue Star Hwy Stony Creek, VA, 23882 United States, ‎1-866-539-9234‎

Country Inn & Suites
107 Sadler Drive Emporia, VA, 23847 United States, ‎1-866-925-4159‎

Fairfield Inn & Suites
104 Cloverleaf Dr Emporia, VA, 23847 United States, ‎1-866-538-9298‎

Sleep Inn Emporia
899 Wiggins Road, Emporia, VA, 23847 United States ‎1-866-539-0036‎

There is also a Sleep Inn in Stony Creek
 11019 Blue Star Hwy Stony Creek, VA, 23882 United States, ‎1-866-539-5067‎

A majority of the Emporia hotels I've listed above are actually inside of town, in Emporia. The main drag through emporia is where HWY 58, 95 and 301 meet. Some may offer breakfast but if your hotel doesn't there are a lot of restaurants inside of emporia where the three roads come together.

The meet location is actually on 301 north of town, behind the Greensville County Government Complex.

IF you are coming from the south, Roanoke Rapids is 20 minutes away on 95. Stony Creek is 20 minutes North on 95.

We could also, for those coming in on Saturday to stay the night, could plan a get together to eat out or something; if folks are interested. Or I could offer a visit to the wall-o-pony  :cool:
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline MoonStars

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2013, 05:14:59 PM »
"The "Wall-o-Pony"?? Is this anything like Must Be Jewel's "Pony Room" ?  :lovey:

Offline Psivampyr

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2013, 09:41:56 PM »
I'd love to go but I live in Virginia beach and it's a far drive. Anyone driving up there from VB that I can ride with? I can put in for some gas and such, would be just me and my 9 year old daughter and a small duffle of ponies and sorts.
I'd have my husband drive me up there, but he's got to stay here for his parents who are disabled.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 06:09:28 AM by Psivampyr »

Offline WildBlue

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • Possibly maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2013, 05:12:40 AM »
I have made up my mind to attend the meet.
I'm not sure what food to bring....
I am bringing 11 G1s - the So Softs I mention in above post, also a sleeping bag, Sweet Pop, Songster(knob/tail works), Brilliant Bloom(head/tail works), Silky Slipper, and the sea pony babies Sealight and Water Lily-whom is not very pearly anymore. You can feel free to message me if interested in any.
(I also have some Monster High....just fyi)

I am interested in buy/trade G1, G3 and maybe G4.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 08:17:57 AM by WildBlue »

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2013, 10:13:48 AM »
oh thank heavens this got started =bump!

dang reality interfering with my pony boards habit again ;-)

anyhow everyone that wants to decorate a T-shirt = please bring a blank flank one!!  Just like in years past we will have vinyls like how we decorated on canvas bags and then on gessoed boards from past years :-) I am bringing cardboard inserts so it won't bleed through and then glitter aplenty and fabric glue  and fabric paints and markers and it'll be another fun activity = school house theme can't be right without a craft project involving paint, glue and glitter, right? 

here's my nirvana box so far assembled

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

and I have three more totes = I have a ton of stuff to trade and I would love if someone has a certain ditzypony from a past SDCC/fair...

oh and would folks be up to a pony surprise swap??  you bring a  WRAPPED/ BOXED Gen 1 get a Gen 1 or 2, or 3 or 4?  So like if you wanted one of each = you bring your 4 ponies and then you get 4 ponies??  Nothing manky of course -can be loose - nothing super rare (unless you want to spoil someone ;-) of course) but figured that'd be a great carry-over from the MD Meets from year's past

so sign onto here if you want to do a pony-surprise swap :-)  and than I'll update with more pics and descriptions of what I am bringing

and I am always open to whatever you all want to bring = please bring it!!   I've traded for Nintendo games, breyers and FSF (oooh oooh I would love love love a Cleo!) kids love G2 LPS - maybe new stuff (like the cartoon) and care bears are good!  and I've gotten cool dragon statues :-)

I love to trade :-)

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline nessy_86

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2013, 04:37:28 PM »
Would there be a dollar amount set for a swap box?

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2013, 04:46:19 PM »
I can't go :cry: I have to work that day. Maybe next year.... I hope you guys have fun :)
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2013, 05:54:17 PM »
AHhh! Maycrestmom...I see ponies I want to buy!!!

Ok Guys,

Here is what I need everyone to do who is planning or thinking of attending the vameet

First: Email [email protected]
Please use the email you normally read or plan to use for emails coming from the ponymeet.

We will be organizing food and such by email - it's a lot easier to do that by email than on the thread or we'll have a thread of No, I'm bringing drinks are you bringing potato chips or dip?

In the Email I need everyone to let me know IF they need a table to sell/display stuff and how many you think you might need.

The Golden Leaf Commons has 54 round (60" inch) tables and 16 rectangular tables (8' foot)

Some of the rectangular tables and round tables are going to be used for the meet and food, etc. At the moment I'm not sure how many we are going to need.

But I want to get a rough guestimate on who needs a table to display and sell.

Also, please let me know in the email how many people are coming with you. As in Non-Pony People or ponypeople.

IF someone is riding with you that IS a pony person then please let me know. This is so we can plan activities and such and who wants to participate plus we don't want to be short on a total count of people attending the meet.

So if it's you and 5 other pony people, please list all the pony people separately. If it is you and 2 non pony people then list it as you +1 or +2, etc.

And I know I'm forgetting something but please email the vameet as soon as you can so I can get my list going and start emailing everyone on table and food stuff :)

Post Merge: August 16, 2013, 06:49:26 PM

For those who might not have a car or want to ride with a ponybuddy, be sure to post as there are people coming from various locations that might like to carpool or might offer carpool. We've got people interesting in coming from various locations, even outside of VA. So maybe we can find a way to hook up some people to ride together. We have threads on the MLP trading post as well and the facebook page. It might be a good idea to post there to drum up carpooling, but also email the va meet email, and I can put out the word in a group email once everyone has emailed the meet email.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 06:49:26 PM by KarentheUnicorn »

Offline Stellaluna

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2013, 05:14:05 AM »
I emailed you my headcount! : )

Also the website has been updated!

www.vaponymeet.com

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2013, 09:22:19 AM »
For the T-shirt painting.

Everyone will need to bring their own t-shirt.

I will be making a outline of the pony/ponies. It will be a vinyl decal like material that will be pulled off after your shirt/paint is dry.

If you want to paint a shirt, you will need to let me know what style pony you want - G1 or G4 outline, I can also do G3. This year I am going to leave the ponies blank flank (No symbol or cutie mark) This will give you the ability to come up with your own pony identity on the shirt.

Soooo, What I need from you IF you want to paint a shirt is what sort of outline you want. ALSO if it is a child shirt or adult shirt. I'll need to know what size outline to cutout, etc.

Please email the [email protected] and let me know what outline you prefer. I can do various different pony outlines, so if you're looking for something in particular let me know and I might be able to but please be aware that not every single pony outline out there is available but I will do my best to get you what you want or at least something close to it.

Offline WildBlue

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • Possibly maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2013, 11:09:39 AM »
Thanks KarentheUnicorn for all this stuff you are doing. I sent you a couple of emails today! :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal