collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Virginia Pony Meet~! (Sep 1st in Emporia, VA)  (Read 5842 times)

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
Re: Virginia Pony Meet~! (Sep 1st in Emporia, VA)
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2013, 05:20:55 AM »
I knew I'd forget something!

SWAP

The swap will work like this.

We will have boxes setup for each Generation of ponies.

We don't really have a limit, I mean if you want to put something extremely awesome in the box that will be your choice but we are going to have a $5-10 minimum. The reason I say 5 to 10 is because most of the new ponies usually cost 5 something at most places.

No bate ponies, any pony you enter into the swap must be in really good condition. There should be no hair cuts, stains or other flaws on the pony. No tail rust or other things that would make it less desirable for someone to have.

I will have a signup sheet and the boxes at the VA meet table.

I'll set the time to bring your swap ponies at 12 noon. That way there will not be a mad rush at the VA meet table when everyone first gets there. I'll open up the swap donations at 12 to make it easier on everyone.

And again, I forget:

You should wrap your pony so nobody can tell what pony you are donating.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline nessy_86

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2013, 05:25:56 AM »
Is it just the "pony" people who can participate in the swap? I was thinking of getting swap items for both me and my husband. I just wanted to make sure that would be alright.

BlondePonyTail

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2013, 06:19:06 AM »
Quick question... Are children welcome? and, Is anyone else bringing children. I think my 10 ( almost 11) year old would be devastated if I didn't bring her, and it's our last weekend of summer break!

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2013, 10:03:43 AM »
Is it just the "pony" people who can participate in the swap? I was thinking of getting swap items for both me and my husband. I just wanted to make sure that would be alright.

Anyone can do the swap - and I believe the way we are doing it is, if you put 3 in, you get 3 ponies out when we actually do the swap.

We'll have everyone sign up and I'll have a list to know who put ponies in and how many etc. So it's fine for everyone to participate in the swap - you could put 2 if you wanted for yourself, etc. :) That means you'd get out 2 ponies and so on.

Post Merge: August 23, 2013, 10:07:38 AM

Quick question... Are children welcome? and, Is anyone else bringing children. I think my 10 ( almost 11) year old would be devastated if I didn't bring her, and it's our last weekend of summer break!

Yes, children are welcome :)

Just be sure to email the [email protected] email to let us know you are coming and who is coming with you and who is or isn't a ponyperson.

Also some more info on the gift bags: I have constructed 20 gift bags right now. I know some folks are bringing non-pony people with them. So the gift bags are going to be for the 'ponypeople' only - your daughter I'm sure qualifies as a pony person. :)

So, if other people are signing on late there may not be enough gift bags for everyone. I was making extra to try and make sure all the ponypep got a bag but at some point there has to be a cutoff.

So please be sure to message the vaponymeet email if you haven't already, etc.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 10:07:38 AM by KarentheUnicorn »

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2013, 05:24:39 PM »
Yay, I'm coming!

I'll bring my extra ponies and SSC items, but would anyone be interesting in katsilk hair, both opened and unopened packages? I have a bunch of different colors that I'm not interested in.

Also, I can do quick G1-style drawings or name tags for a few dollars each if that's something people would be interested in as well.

And I have a question about the custom contest...I assume we'll have to bring our own supplies, or...? I'm curious how this will work...will there be a theme or should I have something in mind when I get there? Would rehairing even be reasonable to try to do in the amount of time?

Offline Stellaluna

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2013, 05:46:00 PM »
For the swap, is it alright if we only bring certain generations? I have G3's and G4's in very good condition, but most of my G1's and G2's are either in less-than-perfect condition, or they are ones I'm too attached too. (Most of my older ponies are rescues or from childhood.)

Yes, children are welcome :)
My room-mate is a party clown! (No really!) She loves making balloon animals, painting faces and handing out stickers. If it sounds like a good idea to you guys, she'd love to bring her balloons and paints for the little ones. What do you think?

I've decided I'll be wearing an outfit inspired by Queen Rosedust and my room-mate was thinking of doing a Wind Whistler-inspired dress too! (She still hasn't completely decided which pony, but we're having fun coming up with ideas.)

Two of our friends who are men will be coming with us as well. They love my little pony, but mostly stick to the fourth generation. We're trying to convince them to dress as either Big Brothers, Mountain Boys, or the boys from Tales though - haha!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline FarDreamer

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • The "Mystery" Pony from Firefly's Adventure!
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Preservation Project
« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2013, 06:01:18 PM »

My room-mate is a party clown! (No really!) She loves making balloon animals, painting faces and handing out stickers. If it sounds like a good idea to you guys, she'd love to bring her balloons and paints for the little ones. What do you think?[/quote]

For the little ones!  I'd totally be into this myself!  LOL!  I know how to make a couple of balloon animals, can I help?  ;)  Maycrestmom's kids brought glittery face paint last year and I thought it was the best thing ever!

:heart:  www.MLPpreservationproject.com  :heart:
A comprehensive resource for information on the restoration
of ponies, accessories, and playsets from all generations!

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2013, 06:03:26 AM »

And I have a question about the custom contest...I assume we'll have to bring our own supplies, or...? I'm curious how this will work...will there be a theme or should I have something in mind when I get there? Would rehairing even be reasonable to try to do in the amount of time?

I'm going to bring some of my customizing supplies to share with the meet. So there will be some paints and other things available for everyone to use.

Also customizing will be an all day event. So anyone wanting to do a custom are welcome as soon as they get to the meet to start working on their customs. I think maybe a cutoff time of 4pm is reasonable to give us time to display the customs and allow people time to judge them, etc.

Everyone is welcome to bring their own supplies to use, and we totally understand if it's for you and not for everyone. Just be sure to keep your supplies separate from the rest of the meet supplies if it's not for sharing.

I will be working on the floor layout this weekend and what I think is best is I will have tables setup that are going to be the crafting/customizing area.

So, since we are renting a place it's probably going to be best to keep all the painting and crafting in the designated area.

Or if you don't have anyone to watch your table but want to do a custom, you'll probably need to bring something to put on your table and on the floor if you are doing any painting. Old newspaper worked fine last year.

For the meet craft area I am going to try and borrow some dropcloths from work or either I'll buy some extra plastic table cloths to put down around the crafting area, etc.

Post Merge: August 24, 2013, 06:10:07 AM

For the swap, is it alright if we only bring certain generations? I have G3's and G4's in very good condition, but most of my G1's and G2's are either in less-than-perfect condition, or they are ones I'm too attached too. (Most of my older ponies are rescues or from childhood.)

Yes, when people sign up for the swap, I will make a list of who is participating and also how many ponies they put in each box. So you don't have to put one in every box, etc.

The only issue we might have is it's going to depend on how many people put ponies in the boxes, obviously if someone is the only person putting in a certain gen box we might have an issue but I will try to at least start the swap out with a pony in each box. The only issue I might have is G2s since I sold all mine off and don't really collect g2.

[/quote]My room-mate is a party clown! (No really!) She loves making balloon animals, painting faces and handing out stickers. If it sounds like a good idea to you guys, she'd love to bring her balloons and paints for the little ones. What do you think?[/quote]

At a pony meet, everyone is a kid; I want a balloon animal!! :)

I've decided I'll be wearing an outfit inspired by Queen Rosedust and my room-mate was thinking of doing a Wind Whistler-inspired dress too! (She still hasn't completely decided which pony, but we're having fun coming up with ideas.)

Two of our friends who are men will be coming with us as well. They love my little pony, but mostly stick to the fourth generation. We're trying to convince them to dress as either Big Brothers, Mountain Boys, or the boys from Tales though - haha!

I never get a chance to dress up for stuff but I'm totally cool if people want to dress up in awesome pony costumes!!

« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 06:10:07 AM by KarentheUnicorn »

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2013, 11:44:14 AM »
bump us up as we are in count down mode

WISH LIST POST HERE!!

If I had to post my most wanted it is because I traded away and would like to replace

White nurse pony – sweetheart I think’s the name (UK) doesn’t need her hat… though that would be fab
Winger – cool breeze
Sand digger with hair that still changes

International wants
Argie rainbow baby in white and orange (have blue)
Ultimate want – peru bowtie (ok… a girl can dream of finding sucha treasure at a local meet = we get delany to participate??  I may yet see a venne minty/blossom in person)

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline nessy_86

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 26, 2013, 05:17:46 PM »
Hi all,

Question- Do you price all your items individually that you are bringing to sell/trade? Or do you do blanket prices i.e. all G3s are $3? Do you think that would even work? I am packing up my stuff and am trying to decide what to do. This is my first swap so I'm not really sure how it works!

Also, I am planning on bringing the following items and am trying to gauge interest to see if I should bring all of this:
- G3s
- G4s (common)
- G1s if I can force myself to part with any
- Blind Bags
- Ponyville (playsets and NIB)
- G1 Baby nursery
- Care bears and care bear merch (books, puzzles, etc)
- A few new gen Strawberry Shortcake items (dolls, puzzle, game)
- LPS- G2/G3
- a few other odds and ends from around the house.

Do we know how many people are planning on attending? I'm just curious!

Can't wait to meet everyone on Saturday :D

Offline Stellaluna

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2013, 06:18:19 PM »
I'm doing a blanket price of $1 for all G3's and playsets, and probably 70cents for baits & mcdonalds and a dime for loose accessory pieces. I really just need to get rid of it all since I don't have the space and would rather devout what space I have left towards wishlist G1's.

Offline MoonStars

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2013, 07:13:59 PM »
Wish listy stuff---

Is anyone coming from an area with stores that might have some of the mashems/fashems, who'd be willing to pick some up (esp Pinkie Pie and Rarity if no others)? I'd gladly pay your cost and some extra for the trouble, or trade stuff. Those things are so weird looking, I feel like we need em lol

Also looking for clear Lyra and Pinkie Pie hot topic vinyls. I have other special clear vinyls to trade (grey peg and RBDash) but am only bringing them along if there's a known trade to be had. They take up too much space. :)

Offline nessy_86

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 26, 2013, 07:16:58 PM »
Can you post a pic of the mashem/fashems? I have no idea what they even look like! lol

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 26, 2013, 07:58:59 PM »
well my local Target has the pinkie pie black car and glitter pinkie and that purse ($20- yikes!) and I'll check the Wal-Mart and TRU to see about the mashem/fashem stuff =

about pricing stuff I generally have like boxes where I say everything in the box is $X ... I guess I am just too lazy to put every pony into a bag with a price on it... but I will try to be a bit more organized on my pricing this year = but I am always open to offers if you don't like my prices :-) and love it if I can use pony currency and trade

bringing G1s, G3s, some G1 and G3 playsets and accessories/clothes = hey, anybody need ponyvilles??  I have doubles, but haven't gone through to pare that down = dunno if anyone is looking for any.  I have  some LPS - G2, a FSF Anya(might part with some more... need to go through my stash and check to see if I can pare down some more)... oh = anybody looking for tokidoki?  hmmm

and peeps = don't forget to bring your T-shirt and bait pony to customize (if you want) and some gift-wrapped swap ponies :-)

whoo hoo = count-down :-)

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline WildBlue

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • Possibly maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 27, 2013, 02:31:26 AM »
I have the beginnings of a sinus/ear infection. If this doesn't get better by Friday/Saturday I do not think I will be able to make it after all. I am coughing a lot. I dont want to spread my germs.  :huh:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal