collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Fakie - General Discussion Thread  (Read 96615 times)

Offline dori86

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Fakie Appreciation Thread!
« Reply #330 on: May 12, 2014, 12:33:32 PM »
I got some fakies along with my Grail Fakie from Hope1989 ;) Now I'm not sure- give them new hair or give them new home hmmm...

Here they are :

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

This set stays with me for sure!!! They are to cute to let them go :D

Angry one :D

And my army growing !!! Yay (my Grail in the middle  :lovey:)

:inlove:

Offline Hope1989

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hope's My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #331 on: May 12, 2014, 12:39:22 PM »
Awww Dori - Sisters looks so cute together! <3
WTB! Sdcc 2013 Exclusives My Little Pony DJ Pon-3
Have 2 Crystal Empire Promo Packs NIP for sale! Interested in? Write me ^^
My collection: old thread 1 , old thread 2 NEW ONE:happy:
FB page
Wishlist

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: May 12, 2014, 03:51:37 PM »
I have your triplets in white and purple.  White is becoming Olaf, not sure about purple urple yet.
:socks:   :frog:

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #333 on: May 13, 2014, 12:53:40 AM »
I got some fakies along with my Grail Fakie from Hope1989 ;) Now I'm not sure- give them new hair or give them new home hmmm...

Here they are :

ooooh great ones <3
I especially love those Simba ones. Those are my favourite, I mainly collect those. I though have never seen the blue baby with yellow hair!! Looks really great!

And the little Circus Baby army is adorable! I love those too <3

Offline dori86

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 13, 2014, 07:04:47 AM »

Here they are :

ooooh great ones <3
I especially love those Simba ones. Those are my favourite, I mainly collect those. I though have never seen the blue baby with yellow hair!! Looks really great!

And the little Circus Baby army is adorable! I love those too <3

Thank you!! The blue baby with yellow hair has also white part in her mane-I was very curious about her ,other girls have just one colour  :wonder:

Ariadna

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #335 on: May 18, 2014, 09:59:51 PM »
Preteen fakie!  That suits her!  And who doesn't love She Ra horses!?  That's Bow's horse, Arrow, good find!

I have been on a roll lately, and one of my new favs are the ponies I call "Bridlemaids".  I have more in the mail!  I just give them a clean up and paint up their bridles and they go from meh to fab (to me!)

Oh my gosh, I find it quite funny you've called them bridlemaids, as I recently purchased one from a member here that is very clearly meant to be a groom!

Here he is with his lady friend :lovey:

He came with the white bowtie. It makes me think he may have been in a set with a bride? If he was sold lonesome, then maybe he is a butler? He is quite the handsome one, and is definitely not a custom, the plastic is solid black.

I have recently acquired some new fakies (ok, by some I mean near 100 odd) so I might just take a group photo at some time XD I got some pretty whacky ones too which are a riot!

I love fakies :lovey: :lovey:

Edit: I forgot to mention! Buddy L corp ponies that neighed and didn't have saddles had knock offs! Those knock offs had sound also but had some differences. The bridlemaids are molded off the fake Buddy L ponies, I actually have some of them here. The differences between the bridlemaids and the knock off Buddy L's are that the bridlemaids are a bit smaller and they're molded slightly differently, and the eyes in bridlemaids are glass whereas the Buddy L knock offs had painted eyes. Some Buddy L knock offs didn't have sounds mechanisms but the mold suggested they were intended too. My chilhood Buddy L knock off was molded for a sound component but didn't have one, she was yellow with a green bridle and had green hearts on her rump with the words 'Druch mich' on them.

I'll try get a photo of a bridlemaid next to a Buddy L fakie to post here. What I am getting at is, I think the bridlemaids are fakies of the Buddy L knock offs. So fakies of fakies of fakies!  :lmao: At least, that's my theory based on what I see :)

Post Merge: May 19, 2014, 12:46:05 AM

I have a photo! Yay!

Ok, so I have Budd L pony, followed by Buddy L knock off and bridlemaid pony

Can you see the similarities? I really think that the bridlemaids were modeled off the Buddy L knock off girl in the middle, who was modeled off the Buddy L pony. I collect all three kinds, so far I have more of the bridlemaids <3

This poor girls eye is set a bit funny in the socket, I couldn't get a photo of it, but when you look at her front on her eyes are skewy :P

Also, here are some photos of recent additions to my ever growing fakie herd :lovey:

My Remco herd is growing!

So is the knock-off Remco herd:

This Remco inspired fakie is rather interesting, anyone know anything about her? I named her Peachy

Ballerina baby fakies, these guys are adorable!

My very first Kid Kore pony, she has such thick long hair! :lovey:

More frumpety goodness!

The Totsy's are gathering...

I got me a flower Totsy:

A cyan Totsy:

And a flocked one, which makes them look even creepier because they FLOCKED her EYES!! :O

I also got my very first lady fakie, here she is posing with a lady baby fakie that is adopted. Hopefully I can find the bubs mum someday

I'm seeking information on this fakie, she is so adorable and has such a beautiful face, I would love to know more about her and find some of her friends. She has no identifying marks, anyone have any clue about her?

This one cracks me up :lmao: this odd, gangly-legged creature is a riot and I love her!

Portly little fakie, she is so cute!

No idea about this girl either, bottom of her tummy says "Just Group PLC"

Is this what is commonly referred to as a 'circus pony'? Or have I got my wires crossed?

I'm currently seeking a larger sized storage tub as I have run out of room for my fakie herd. I can't display them either as this house has minimal display options and I have cats (including two kittens). So many fakies! I hope my herd continues to grow :lovey:
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 12:46:12 AM by Ariadna »

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 19, 2014, 07:30:45 AM »
Ok I found some of the cutest Lanards I have ever seen.  Anyone know anything about them?  Their symbols are both there completely, you just can't see it so well in the lighting.  They need ot be cleaned, but they are too cute to bait, and I certainly wasn't going to leave them behind! 

Untitled by Caetikins, on Flickr

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #337 on: May 19, 2014, 07:56:53 AM »
So I am revisiting this thread to give everyone here a heads up that I have added more fakies to my trade list, but the more time I spend here the more I... gasp... start appreciating fakies and thinking about hanging onto the ones I have!! Not that they aren't totally worthy of being collected of course, but because I don't need to collect *another* toy, lol! I've just recently rediscovered my Grand Champions... I don't need another passion... whew!

That being said, I do have a very special place in my heart for two fakies that are honorary members of my MLP herd... I'll get a pick quick!

Anyhoodle, I am still looking for new homes for some of your favorite gals! My trade list is here: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,353599.0.html

Thanks for looking!

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 19, 2014, 11:01:23 AM »

Oh my gosh, I find it quite funny you've called them bridlemaids, as I recently purchased one from a member here that is very clearly meant to be a groom!

He came with the white bowtie. It makes me think he may have been in a set with a bride? If he was sold lonesome, then maybe he is a butler? He is quite the handsome one, and is definitely not a custom, the plastic is solid black.

You're absolutely right! He was sold as a groom along with a white bride, and two foals. (I think the necklaces the two white ponies are wearing did come with the set, and possibly the ribbons, but the hair clips came from the previous owner.)

I'll put something here some time

Ariadna

« Reply #339 on: May 19, 2014, 11:32:41 AM »

You're absolutely right! He was sold as a groom along with a white bride, and two foals. (I think the necklaces the two white ponies are wearing did come with the set, and possibly the ribbons, but the hair clips came from the previous owner.)

Oh my goodness! They're so adorable! I have to find his bride and their kids! :O :O :O :O

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 19, 2014, 07:26:36 PM »
I'll try get a photo of a bridlemaid next to a Buddy L fakie to post here. What I am getting at is, I think the bridlemaids are fakies of the Buddy L knock offs. So fakies of fakies of fakies!  :lmao: At least, that's my theory based on what I see :)

That's actually a pretty interesting observation... I never thought of that before, but I think you might be right!

(Sidenote: Petition to declare the "bridlemaids" as a fanon term? Please? It's so cute!)

This Remco inspired fakie is rather interesting, anyone know anything about her? I named her Peachy

Oh my goodness, that is interesting! :whoa: It looks like a ripoff of either a Sparkler or Locket pose body, but with a Remco head slapped on it together instead. I know that sometimes Magic Ponies will show up with pirated Locket bodies, but I've never seen one with the head of another fakie. Very peculiar... though also very lovely. :lovey:

I'm seeking information on this fakie, she is so adorable and has such a beautiful face, I would love to know more about her and find some of her friends. She has no identifying marks, anyone have any clue about her?

I'm actually really glad that you posted this, because I own this fakie myself and have been curious about her for years. She is one of my favorites! :lovey: I too am really sad that there are no markings, so I can't track down a manufacturer or date. At first I thought she was a knockoff of the Sweetheart Sister design, but I've since been told that these ponies are also probably Buddy L knockoffs as well, because of the bridle. Personally, I think it's likely that both Buddy L and SHS have influenced the style. I also own a yellow one just like yours, but The Fakie Hideout has a picture of a pretty powder variant with pink hair. :hearts: I'd really be curious to see some more!

http://the-fakie-hideout.weebly.com/buddy-l-fakies.html

Is this what is commonly referred to as a 'circus pony'? Or have I got my wires crossed?

Yep! That's a circus pony. I don't really like the shape of their faces, but everything else about them is really cute- especially the babies!

I have a hot pink one. :)
Ok I found some of the cutest Lanards I have ever seen.  Anyone know anything about them?  Their symbols are both there completely, you just can't see it so well in the lighting.  They need ot be cleaned, but they are too cute to bait, and I certainly wasn't going to leave them behind! 

Untitled by Caetikins, on Flickr

I've never seen that one on the left before, but the one on the right is from 1994 and I'm really sure that they are sold as Pony Tails. I have a soft spot for that one too, because she came from my boyfriend. :lovey:

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 19, 2014, 08:05:16 PM »

I'm actually really glad that you posted this, because I own this fakie myself and have been curious about her for years. She is one of my favorites! :lovey: I too am really sad that there are no markings, so I can't track down a manufacturer or date. At first I thought she was a knockoff of the Sweetheart Sister design, but I've since been told that these ponies are also probably Buddy L knockoffs as well, because of the bridle. Personally, I think it's likely that both Buddy L and SHS have influenced the style. I also own a yellow one just like yours, but The Fakie Hideout has a picture of a pretty powder variant with pink hair. :hearts: I'd really be curious to see some more!

I LOVE these fakies!  :lovey: I've been lurking in this thread hoping someone would post one. I own a purple one with pink hair and she's definitely my favorite fakie by far  :biggrin: Her quality is actually really good, although she reminds me more of a donkey than a pony honestly XD I'll take her photo once I find her.

There was one on ebay I was watching but its out of my price range right now. There were some really similar looking fakies with it too.

The yellow one looks so happy! lol

Ariadna

« Reply #342 on: May 19, 2014, 08:23:21 PM »
Oh my gosh they come in so many poses! Look at how adorable they all are! <3 <3

I do like the term bridlemaid, it's cute ^.^ I'm all for it! I do have to say they look like the Buddy L fakie (that is, the fakie of the Buddy L pony), but smaller, more slender and a tad more squished XD

What's odd about Peachy the Remco/Locket hybrid who has eaten too much cake :P is that her eyes look spray painted on as opposed to stamped, and she is really squishy! I might rename her to Peachy Squish XD

I am fakie obsessed, I go out of my way to find fakies before actual MLP! Lol, I'm hooked on phony ponies! :lovey:

Post Merge: May 19, 2014, 08:27:35 PM

Cute Lanards Texasgal! Quick question though, does the adult say Lanard on it's underside anywhere? I've seen quite a few knock off Lanards about lately, if she is actual Lanard, I've not seen one with glass eyes before!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 08:27:35 PM by Ariadna »

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 19, 2014, 09:32:04 PM »

I LOVE these fakies!  :lovey: I've been lurking in this thread hoping someone would post one. I own a purple one with pink hair and she's definitely my favorite fakie by far  :biggrin: Her quality is actually really good, although she reminds me more of a donkey than a pony honestly XD I'll take her photo once I find her.

There was one on ebay I was watching but its out of my price range right now. There were some really similar looking fakies with it too.

The yellow one looks so happy! lol

Oh! I didn't think that those were related at all to the yellow beauty first posted, but now that you've compared them, they do look quite similar! It's possible that they did come from the same origin. I guess I lied then... I do have a few of those. :blush: The larger ones I call "screaming fakies" because their mouths are open so wide that they look like they are screaming at each other when you face them side by side!

I completely understand your fakie fascination, Ariadna, because I have it too! I began collecting fakies before actual MLP and they actually take up the bulk of my collection. I recently had to put some away, including the majority of my beloved fakie herd, so I'm pretty sad about it. I just don't have room! :(

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: May 19, 2014, 11:05:50 PM »
There are some really nice fakie armies in this thread :)

I love my princess rinse and spit girls. I have the pink and green versions :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal