collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Have I gotten to be too FUSSY a collector? UPDATE!  (Read 1195 times)

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
Have I gotten to be too FUSSY a collector? UPDATE!
« on: August 08, 2013, 08:39:17 AM »

UPDATE: The seller is truly lovely, honest, genuine and understanding. She has said I can either return her or I can keep her for a refund for half her original cost. I wasn't expecting so much, I was expecting £1.50 if that! It's so nice to find an honest and genuine seller at last. I'm genuinely amazed.

Okay okay, they're a non-collector, but surely when listing something for sale, you would notice bites, right?

Auction Description:
"RARE my little pony called RINGLETS in great condition mane and tail slightly dry but I think this is because they were crimped style.uk bidders only will combine postage."

Photo was a view of the DS of the pony. No other photos. I love her, she came today and I wouldn't return her, but should I mention these? (These are my photos after cleaning. She was light gray in colour when she arrived)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Or am I being too fussy? I just think I should ask before leaving feedback saying all went well, I just feel that this isn't particularly 'great'. I paid £6.50+P&P for her, so I paid my max for a 'great condition' one. Is it worth mentioning it, and possibly trying for a partial, or just forget about it and leave a positive?
I ask since I genuinely don't know what to do!

Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 07:33:36 AM by Icecrystalline »

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
Re: Have I gotten to be too FUSSY a collector?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 08:43:28 AM »
I would say it totally depends on who the seller was. Do you think they deliberately didn't mention the flaws? Or is it someone who only sells a few ponies? I've had someone tell me they had a pony for me, 'mint condition too!'.  Well, it was a moondancer who had every flaw in the book - yellowed, symbol loss, hair frizz. Some people are just ignorant (uneducated) of how the grading system works.

I would bring it up with the seller, to educate them if nothing else. Some people just don't realize that flaws like that need to be mentioned. That is giving them the benefit of the doubt. If, on the other hand, it is someone who sells lots of ponies... they should know better.

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 08:45:07 AM »
Personally I would contact the seller. Those are noticeable, even if you're a non collector, you can visibly see them. If an item is listed in a certain condition and the only flaws that are pointed out don't mention those, then I would say something. Even as just a heads up to the seller for the next time they list something.
I don't know if I would ask for a partial, I think I would mention how you feel about it and how you would've paid less had you known etc... and see how they respond.
That's just me though.

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 09:01:02 AM »
Contact the seller but don't suggest a partial refund.  Let the seller offer first.  You never know: you could get a full refund AND get to keep the pony.

I'm not trying to be dishonest or anything, but as a seller I have fully refunded people and let them keep the item.

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 09:10:20 AM »
Wow, chunks taken out of the plastic (bites, etc.) should definitely have been mentioned. She is definitely NOT in 'great' condition.

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 09:10:56 AM »
Thank you everyone. I sent the seller a polite email explaining the situation.
Hopefully they'll think of something to resolve the situation, since I don't want to return her (took me long enough to track her down) but it should've been mentioned in the listing...

Offline lockette

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • twice as fancy as you
    • View Profile
    • toylockette.tumblr
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2013, 10:28:28 AM »
I can understand not mentioning the scuffs on the hooves for a non-collector, absolutely, but to not mention bites in anything you're selling, that's a little much to me! How can you not think of that?
:rainbow: toylockette on tumblr & instagram!
& check out g1mlp & g3mlp on tumblr!

☆☆ wish list! ☆☆ ISO baby sparkle Firefly w/ dark gold tail factory error!

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2013, 12:16:27 PM »
To be fair to your seller, I have on occasion missed things like that myself, and I'm a fairly picky collector. While those marks are visible, they're not huge. In a quick glance over of the pony looking for big marks and flaws, they would be easy to overlook.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2013, 02:06:12 PM »
*raises hand* I have been guilty too of missing things, especially on the bottom of their feet.  :blush:

But you got some awesome advice here already and I see you have messaged the seller. So hopefully the two of you will be able to work something out.  :)
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2013, 02:10:41 PM »
Oh yes I agree with NoD and ponylady. It can be so easy to miss something so small and I will admit to having done so in the past when selling. I think its always good to give the benefit of the doubt sometimes and for £6 you are well under her value in nice condition so actually I think its a good buy for the price.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2013, 07:33:00 PM »
To be fair to your seller, I have on occasion missed things like that myself, and I'm a fairly picky collector. While those marks are visible, they're not huge. In a quick glance over of the pony looking for big marks and flaws, they would be easy to overlook.

totally agree, i can see how those flaws were over looked, personally I wouldn't say anything, I have had ponies in worse condition than that (described as excellent condition) from collectors

Plus if you do contact her and she ask you to return for a refund.. well you would be hard pressed to find a ringlets again for that price in that condition

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2013, 06:55:56 AM »
I would be upset because I am a very picky person. "Collector" has nothing to do with it in my case, though. I look at everything carefully for flaws. I hope you can reach an agreement with the seller.

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
Re: Have I gotten to be too FUSSY a collector? UPDATE!
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2013, 07:46:35 AM »
I have updated the main post with good news.

TapDancer: I used to not be picky, but then I started getting ponies with noticeable unfixable flaws that I was paying 'normal' prices for. I ended up with permanently flawed ponies, and losing money, so I thoroughly look my ponies over now, before leaving feedback. I'm just not comfortable with saying all is fine when something may have been overlooked, and that is the case with this seller, who is delightful. I'm so grateful she is so understanding of the matter!

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2013, 08:02:08 AM »
I'm so glad you got this worked out with the seller. I always think it's best to contact the seller first before you leave any sort of feedback. Some people genuinely miss things because they're human and don't mean to upset you!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2013, 08:19:19 AM »
Gosh thats very nice of the seller to offer you a partial refund considering she could probably re sell the pony for the same cost again even with those issues noted. 
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal