collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Need awesome FiM birthday party ideas  (Read 228 times)

Offline creedence

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Need awesome FiM birthday party ideas
« on: August 04, 2013, 09:56:19 AM »
Hi y'all,
My niece who is turning 8 decided on a MLP birthday theme.  I go all out for her birthday & I need pony ideas for older girls.  She had an MLP 2nd bday but she's no baby anymore lol.  I was thinking of decorating with clouds & rainbows, mostly pink, blue, yellow & purple.  I can make piƱatas & plan to let the kids decorate their own little cakes & have a photo booth with pony like wigs & fairy wings & stuff.  Other than that I don't know what to do!  Her friends aren't into ponies at all, but it's her day so that's too bad lol.  I just want her to have a great day.  She's a great kid & shes had a very rough year. 

I was thinking maybe an activity/game for each pony.  Her favorite is applejack.  Also, if anyone has cheap G4 ponies for sale and/or know where I can get the dollar items for party favors let me know!  Thank you :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Need awesome FiM birthday party ideas
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 10:34:43 AM »
I don't have any AJ stuff, but I will keep my eye out for you.

Activities/games: Pin the Tail on the Pony! 

I don't know what this game is called but it was my FAVE game at the church fair growing up:  You have a "fishing rod" (stick, long string, with a clothespin at the end) and you cast your line over a large board (or a curtain, or foamboard, etc.).  There's an adult on the other side of the board who picks a toy out and clips it using the clothespin.  The adult gives a little tug letting you know you caught something!  It's a fun way to give out party favors.  I'm not sure how to make this pony themed, haha! 

Design a Pony!  You could have lots of arts and craft stuff and they can make their own customs!  Either with a real pony or one drawn on paper.  Maybe little jewelry boxes instead?  They could be little gem chests!

Oh!  Design a cupcake!  They can ice their own cupcakes and throw on sparkly sugar crystals and candy and stuff!!

Ooooh, edible jewels!  Stuff Spike would like to eat: Rock Candy Lollipops!  I saw a really cool YouTube video for edible Kryponite...super easy to make and very festive!  Change the colors and they're gems! Fast forward to 5:34 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7xEB8o0Ez4

Hoof Polishes!  Or, rather, manicures with pony-colored polishes.  Maybe do a little cutie mark nail art?

Oh, thinking of ideas is so much fun!

Offline Sanadaookami

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 11:35:26 AM »
If there is a Party City near you they have a big section of My Little Pony stuff perfect for decorations and party favors :)
If you are wanting to give out ponies try hitting up ebay- some of the Chinese sellers have been selling batches of 6 to 12 of one pony together (works out to around $3 per brush-able) they will all be the same pony but it would save a little money, just be prepared for long shipping~

Lightning Twirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 11:55:26 AM »
RAINBOW CUPCAKES!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 01:29:45 PM »
I think Hasbros own site for Pony Party Planning has some great ideas which can be aged up or aged down depending on the party. http://www.hasbro.com/mylittlepony/en_US/play/details.cfm?R=16A8CB60-5056-900B-10D8-55224B373EA9:en_US
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 02:00:53 PM »
RAINBOW CUPCAKES!

I just did these for a ponymeet on Saturday!   I made angel-food cake batter, split it into 4 colors, dyed with the neon food dyes, and frosted with a white 7-minute fluffy frosting with sprinkles on top.  They turned out very colorful and tasty!

My 5-year old niece just had an FiM party in April.  It was "Royal Wedding" themed. My sister made her a wedding cake with Shining Armor and Cadence on top.  She made little veils for the girls (a HUGE hit!), candy bouquets, mustaches and bowties for the boys.  She also had a pinkie pie pinata wearing a veil.  I don't know if the theme is too young for the niece, but there's a lot you can do with it   :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal