collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Quizzing the Mods - QUESTIONS!  (Read 4343 times)

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
Re: Quizzing the Mods - QUESTIONS!
« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2013, 05:46:17 PM »
Yeah...I mean whomever asked this is clearly disturbed.
No doubt. kiwimlp must think so too since she has not answered.
No she is hiding with cookie someplace hoping that person is not stalking her at the barn.

I am gonna go with new though, old can get rather funky.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #76 on: August 23, 2013, 06:51:31 PM »
Glad it's the other Kiwi that has to answer :P haha!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 23, 2013, 08:13:22 PM »
Wow. What an awesome question.  I am thinking that whoever asked it is obviously a wheelbarrow fan themselves - and that they are not only intelligent, but also keen to ponder the intricate difference between two such fine specimens.   :worshippy:

The short answer to the question regarding dirty experienced barrow v's clean virgin wheelbarrow is that no wheelbarrow is to be left behind.  The reason for this is simple; every barrow, old or new has it's use.

For instance, your horse paddock needs to be mucked out.  It's winter and muddy and there is nobody about to see you at work.  This is clearly a job for the experienced barrow - and preferably one with large tread on the tire. No matter how high you heap the manure, your experienced barrow will only look and perform better under the work load.  If it is truly experienced at it's job, an old barrow will even find the same worn wheel path that you use to exit the paddock each time, making for a minimum effort required to push.

An old barrow can also be used to carry firewood from shed to house without fear of causing undue damage to the paint.  The same applies to gravel.  You would obviously not want to risk the deck of your beautiful virgin wheel barrow by loading it with nasty, sharp edged grit!   :shocked:

Some of you may now be wondering what is the point of a new, virgin wheelbarrow if you can do so much with a loyal old one?  Well, the answer comes down to social standing.  Imagine you are in the front garden plucking weeds, when friends arrive unannounced.  Do you really want them to see you loading a dirty, work-worn barrow?  Hell no!  What you need for this occasion is a shiny virgin wheelbarrow (preferably in a beautiful glossy colour - red being my personal favourite).  After all, what friend or neighbour would not be impressed to behold such a rare beauty?  Of course, once your friends have gone the virgin barrow must be quickly cleaned and polished and stored away for next time.  You can then fish out one of the numerous experienced barrows and finish the job.

This may lead to the false assumption that one needs to own only a singular virgin barrow, while acquiring numerous dirty ones in various states of repair.  Do not be fooled!  A virgin barrow can only stay that way for so long.  I would personally recommend having at least two parked up in the garage, where they can be called upon in emergencies.  (It is also oddly soothing to stroke their beautiful glossy paintwork as you pass so make sure they are accessible at all times).  :inlove:  Once a virgin barrow becomes work worn, it is time to relegate it to living outside and preforming the more menial tasks as it's condition dictates.

I would recommend that everyone indulge themselves today and take up ownership of at least two wheel barrows.  Three or four would be better again, but the real security comes in owning 5+.  That way, no matter where you are on the property, you are safe in the knowledge that the nearest barrow is only a short distance away!

To own solely a virgin or experienced barrow is comparable to living with either a right or left hand.  (Or maybe a Mexican variant pony in regards to a MIP Ladybird).  The answer is simple of course - you need both!! 

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 23, 2013, 08:24:41 PM »
HOLY CRAP!

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #79 on: August 23, 2013, 09:36:21 PM »
Wow. What an awesome question.  I am thinking that whoever asked it is obviously a wheelbarrow fan themselves - and that they are not only intelligent, but also keen to ponder the intricate difference between two such fine specimens.   :worshippy:

The short answer to the question regarding dirty experienced barrow v's clean virgin wheelbarrow is that no wheelbarrow is to be left behind.  The reason for this is simple; every barrow, old or new has it's use.

For instance, your horse paddock needs to be mucked out.  It's winter and muddy and there is nobody about to see you at work.  This is clearly a job for the experienced barrow - and preferably one with large tread on the tire. No matter how high you heap the manure, your experienced barrow will only look and perform better under the work load.  If it is truly experienced at it's job, an old barrow will even find the same worn wheel path that you use to exit the paddock each time, making for a minimum effort required to push.

An old barrow can also be used to carry firewood from shed to house without fear of causing undue damage to the paint.  The same applies to gravel.  You would obviously not want to risk the deck of your beautiful virgin wheel barrow by loading it with nasty, sharp edged grit!   :shocked:

Some of you may now be wondering what is the point of a new, virgin wheelbarrow if you can do so much with a loyal old one?  Well, the answer comes down to social standing.  Imagine you are in the front garden plucking weeds, when friends arrive unannounced.  Do you really want them to see you loading a dirty, work-worn barrow?  Hell no!  What you need for this occasion is a shiny virgin wheelbarrow (preferably in a beautiful glossy colour - red being my personal favourite).  After all, what friend or neighbour would not be impressed to behold such a rare beauty?  Of course, once your friends have gone the virgin barrow must be quickly cleaned and polished and stored away for next time.  You can then fish out one of the numerous experienced barrows and finish the job.

This may lead to the false assumption that one needs to own only a singular virgin barrow, while acquiring numerous dirty ones in various states of repair.  Do not be fooled!  A virgin barrow can only stay that way for so long.  I would personally recommend having at least two parked up in the garage, where they can be called upon in emergencies.  (It is also oddly soothing to stroke their beautiful glossy paintwork as you pass so make sure they are accessible at all times).  :inlove:  Once a virgin barrow becomes work worn, it is time to relegate it to living outside and preforming the more menial tasks as it's condition dictates.

I would recommend that everyone indulge themselves today and take up ownership of at least two wheel barrows.  Three or four would be better again, but the real security comes in owning 5+.  That way, no matter where you are on the property, you are safe in the knowledge that the nearest barrow is only a short distance away!

To own solely a virgin or experienced barrow is comparable to living with either a right or left hand.  (Or maybe a Mexican variant pony in regards to a MIP Ladybird).  The answer is simple of course - you need both!! 

Epic reply! :lmao:
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 23, 2013, 10:20:44 PM »
^ It was an epic question.  Nobody who loves wheelbarrows as I do could possibly have answered less :lovey:

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 24, 2013, 02:51:08 AM »
:blink:
:whoa:

WIN!!   :lol:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 24, 2013, 05:11:48 AM »
THAT.WAS.EPIC.

Kiwimlp wins, hands down.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 24, 2013, 05:28:17 AM »
OMG... XD

I will never look at a wheelbarrow the same.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 24, 2013, 05:49:54 AM »
OMG... XD

I will never look at a wheelbarrow the same.

Mission accomplished.  Love thy wheelbarrow and it will serve you faithfully in return :lovey:

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 24, 2013, 07:33:15 AM »
Awesome reply xD

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 24, 2013, 09:30:22 AM »
I seriously need a new wheelbarrow now...
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #87 on: August 24, 2013, 09:44:04 AM »
I never knew wheelbarrow love was so involved.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline pop-girl

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wix.com/mlppopgirl/pop-customs
« Reply #88 on: August 24, 2013, 12:09:17 PM »
:faint:
Love & Miss My Pony Peeps!  :lovey:

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony