collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Rainbow Dash Shadowbolt Hair  (Read 4885 times)

Offline MANIMAL!

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Rainbow Dash Shadowbolt Hair
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2013, 02:22:30 PM »
Try a good degreaser - like a dish soap/liquid - that should get the remaining glue out of the hair.

That's what I was using all along :'( Her tail is so soft, but her mane feels really really dry now. I don't know if it's glue, or if I damaged it getting the glue out.

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2013, 02:26:23 PM »
I still needa get mine :s
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2013, 02:49:55 PM »
Try a good degreaser - like a dish soap/liquid - that should get the remaining glue out of the hair.

That's what I was using all along :'( Her tail is so soft, but her mane feels really really dry now. I don't know if it's glue, or if I damaged it getting the glue out.

Its going to be glue unfortunately :( It can really deaden the feel of the hair. If all you used was a degreaser you did not damage it. Have you tried soaking it in a very very warm water, then slather it in conditioner, wrap in saran wrap, leave for 12-24 hours and then remove and rinse in tepid water.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline MANIMAL!

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2013, 03:01:31 PM »

Its going to be glue unfortunately :( It can really deaden the feel of the hair. If all you used was a degreaser you did not damage it. Have you tried soaking it in a very very warm water, then slather it in conditioner, wrap in saran wrap, leave for 12-24 hours and then remove and rinse in tepid water.

So, are you saying the glue is still in the hair, or the glue is gone and it just dried out the hair? I haven't used conditioner yet. Could it have been the toothbrush?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 03:06:26 PM by MANIMAL! »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2013, 03:05:55 PM »
Its probably a bit of combination that the glue has dried the hair a little but also that there could well be residual surface glue left which is still coating some of the hair.
Loa is my love god!

Offline MANIMAL!

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2013, 03:08:33 PM »
Its probably a bit of combination that the glue has dried the hair a little but also that there could well be residual surface glue left which is still coating some of the hair.

Any pointer for how to get the rest out? Before I was rinsing it in the hottest water under the faucet and combing through with glue.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2013, 03:36:25 PM »
It depends on how brave you are.

First I would try the conditioner soak and see if you have any luck with that.

If none then try baby oil or tea tree oil and brush it completely through the hair. Its going to leave the hair a little greasy so condition it again after you have removed the baby oil. Make sure to give it some time to soak and you may need to repeat a few times.

The only final option you can try is to brush acetone or goo off through. I really do not recommend this unless you are desperate - you also of course want to keep it far away from the paint if you have to resort to it and make sure to condition the hair completely after wards as it will damage hair in the long run.
Loa is my love god!

Offline MANIMAL!

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2013, 04:00:30 PM »

If none then try baby oil or tea tree oil and brush it completely through the hair. Its going to leave the hair a little greasy so condition it again after you have removed the baby oil. Make sure to give it some time to soak and you may need to repeat a few times.

The only final option you can try is to brush acetone or goo off through. I really do not recommend this unless you are desperate - you also of course want to keep it far away from the paint if you have to resort to it and make sure to condition the hair completely after wards as it will damage hair in the long run.

Okay, I'll try the conditioner. Do you think the tea tree oil would dissolve leftover glue residue, or is it just to "hydrate" the plastic hair?

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2013, 05:58:40 PM »
I used conditioner/shampoo mix to clean the glue out of her hair, along with boiling water. Then, I diligently combed all the cruddies out with a fine-tooth comb. It's pretty soft now; not so much the bangs, but the rest of her hair feels great.
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2013, 02:19:07 AM »

Okay, I'll try the conditioner. Do you think the tea tree oil would dissolve leftover glue residue, or is it just to "hydrate" the plastic hair?

The tea tree or baby oil helps loosen the glues grip so in theory its to help any remaining glue come off the hair.
Loa is my love god!

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2013, 10:54:25 AM »
I... like it that way. It's unique. If I want any other Rainbow Dash toy with soft hair, I'll buy one and style it that way.

That having been said, I think it's totally cool to get the glue/wax out of it if you'd rather have her hair soft. :)
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2013, 11:17:14 AM »
I just got mine today..i'm still debating or not to make her soft and brushable...like a pony's : hair  :P                             
Oh no!

Offline BigBrotherPony

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2013, 11:44:44 AM »
Mine was rock hard too!

After 45 mins if scrubbing and coming I know have a glue free pony and wrinkly prune fingers!

She is so much better, although I do hate how HASBRO think they have to see the hair horizontally to create decent bangs... That is half the reason why they have ended up having to gel the ponies.

They should just give then cute little forelocks like they did in the 80s

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2013, 02:40:27 PM »
Plus I don't think its glue, its wax.
Oh no!