collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you feel like your collection is only worth having if you can display it?  (Read 2978 times)

Offline Moonstar

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Prancing On Air
All at once I mean? I have about 400 ponies, mostly G1s. I don't have room to display them all at once, but I still enjoy them, fixing hair and swapping them out. I'm not really that active as a collector anymore but I love the ones I do have  :).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"The Rainbow of Light belongs here, with the Little Ponies."

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
I do not think they have to all be displayed but I do not think I would want them if I could not see most of them.
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
For me personally I think I would only enjoy my collection and feel like it was worth having if it was on display, however I feel that's alot easier for me to say since our collection is so small compared to just about every other member on the arena.

Offline ravengusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Depends on the size of your home and display area. If you have loads of ponies but can only display half of them then just change your display now and again so all the ponies get time on the shelf.
my new fan page https://www.facebook.com/princessofpowerukfan
:socks:
Just so you know...I open boxes! My cash, my pony, my choice  :biggrin:
Respect to Box lovers you have stronger will than I do...peace  :)

Offline Eldarwen

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko
I cant stand the idea of having my ponies in a box or something.  :lookround: They need to be displayed. I have around 350-400 G1 ponies right now.

If I have no space to display them, I can honestly say I will sell everything else than my childhood ponies. I can always get them back later.

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
I used to think that way....but I now think differently. For example I have hundreds of accessories but I can't possibly display them all. So I have them in boxes.

I just like having them :)

I have all my G3s in a box right now as I needed the shelf space.
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
My collection is tiny, and I don't display it. I mean, I could very easily put my handful of ponies on my dresser, but they're tucked away in the closet. :P Knowing what you have and being able to take them out to enjoy anytime you want makes your collection "worth it," IMO.

GothMummy

• Trade Count: (0)
Nah, I have over 700 G1 and G3 ponies at last count (no idea how many G2 and G4) and theres no way I could display them in my house and also accomodate my husband, kids and dog! LOL. I keep them in boxes under my bed and swap them around regularly. I have maybe 300 on display at anyone time, but Im thinking of packing more away as its getting a bit cluttered with all the kids toys around as well. As long as I have them in easy reach and a few on display, I am happy :)

Offline Stormrave

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+54)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
No.  I have a cat that eats ponies.  Once I found out about that, I had to take my collection off my book shelves and put them all away in boxes to protect them. 

Next year we are getting a house.  I plan to get cabinets with glass doors, so I can display my collection in a cat proof place. 

In the meantime, though, I have only two small enclosed shelves that are cat proof, so at any time I have about 5 ponies on display, and the other 600-some in storage.

I still love my ponies and look forward to having bigger displays, but in the meantime, it's more important for me to have my ponies safe and keep my little feline lovemuffin of destruction.

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
I think any collection is 'worth' having if you get enjoyment out of it. Even if it can't be out on display, you can still have fun by pulling things out now and then  :)

.... having said that however, for me personally, I like having my ponies out on display and get the most enjoyment out of that  :blush:  We moved recently, and I was thoroughly unhappy having my ponies packed away. When we did get into the new place, my collection had grown to the point where I couldn't all fit them all in the cabinet I had  :(  Luckily, my dad stumbled upon an identical cabinet to my first one, but it was horribly filthy and got stashed in the garage until I got a moment to clean it up. That moment came when I couldn't stand having half my collection packed up anymore!!

I never thought it would bother me (not having them out) but it did. Anyway, now I have two cabinets, and spend more time than I should staring into them  :P

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
I have a bin of ponies, and display a couple at a time....  But I just looked through them and FORGOT I Had some of these ponies! :..( totally forgot I had a G4 Flitterheart and G4 FS Shining Armor.  Now I feel guilty for not displaying them...

cleverLC

• Trade Count: (0)
One of the reasons I'm keeping my collection fairly small is so that all or most of my dolls and ponies can be on display, instead of hiding out in drawers and plastic bins all day.

Offline SilverRains

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
I would be really sad if I couldn't put at least most of my collection up. I like being able to look at them. I don't really collect for completeness. I collect because I like seeing them. At least as it stands right now.

If the music stops, there's only the sound of the rain.
Wishlist ~ Art

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
For me, yes. But for everyone is definitely different.

I don't care for too much in storage. One, if it's in storage I probably don't care about it. Two, storage is limited and there are more important things to store then plastic ponies.

But with that said, for myself, I prefer a smaller collection.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
No way to display them all here... I'd have to put away all our many, many books (and we practically live in a library :lol:).  I just swap them around periodically, sometimes themed, sometimes not.

But even if I couldn't display any of my herd, I'd still want to keep them. ^.^  So many have stories attached to how I got them, from my childhood ponies to the ones I've got on the Arena from friends and fellow collectors, to seriously good deals found at thrift, and so on and so on.  And just looking at them, or taking one out now and then to admire/pamper, makes me so happy. ^.^

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal