collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Fashion advice? Tights!!  (Read 544 times)

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Fashion advice? Tights!!
« on: July 19, 2013, 11:23:14 AM »
Hello ladies (and gents), I'm here with a predicament. I really really love the look of tights since they're so classy and look more grown up than socks. My problem is the FIT. I'm not plus-sized but I am admittedly very very pear shaped and I'm one of those kinds of people who just can not stand any sort of pinching or pressure around my waist at all. This makes finding tights a problem.

I'd love some suggestions on tights that truly stretch without feeling uncomfortable. I always make sure to buy the next size up, but once even when I bought a pair TWO sizes too big they were so tight and icky I took them  off the second I put them on!! I've been told that dancers tights can be very comfortable, but when I look up reviews on Amazon I keep reading that the waistband is very pinchy on a lot of brands. Of course the brands themselves are going to say their tights are super duper comfortable but clearly that isn't always the case. The only brand I've found that I truly love is Legale's fleece lined tights, but they're a bit difficult to find plus they are so warm (what with the fleece and all) I can't wear them during the spring or summer.

I would wear thigh high stockings to avoid the problem but they too never seem big enough for my thighs and always roll down  >_<

Offline Whoa1234

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Fashion advice? Tights!!
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 11:26:00 AM »
A garter belt would help keep thigh high stockings up, however one wears a garter around the waist, so that may not work for you either.

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 11:31:36 AM »
I know I have friends that have shopped at MyTights.com, but I can't recommend any brands. I've only worn Leggs.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Sumire

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 12:24:48 PM »
I'd recommend a garter belt with thigh high stockings as well.  While they are worn around your waist, many styles are adjustable.  The garter belts that I own have hook and eye fasteners like a bra so you can tighten or loosen them as you see fit.  Garter belts do not usually have a great deal of elastic (unless they are shapewear as well) and can be made of materials like silk so they rarely pinch the way some tights tend to do.  I'd suggest giving them a try.
If wishes were horses, they'd be My Little Ponies.
Thanks to moonflower for my adorable adoptable!

Offline Roccoriel

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 12:53:19 PM »
If you go with a garter belt, make sure the stockings/tights you get are made for garter belts, not regular stay-up thigh highs.  They will be much more comfortable that way...

Also, make sure you get a garter belt with at least six straps and with metal clips, or else your stockings may twist or even fall down.  Garter belts are wonderful (I wear them often), but you can't cheap out on them without having problems!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline LadySiha

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I'll meet you across the sea...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 03:54:12 PM »
If you like solid colors, try We Love Colors (just google it).  They have a ton of colors, and seem to run a little big.  Also, they sit higher up on the waist.  I'm thin, but personally prefer control tops since they sit up higher and stay up better, and don't pinch as much as regular cut or low rise...

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2013, 06:03:12 PM »
Not really my thing but it looks like you've been given some great suggestions!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2013, 10:04:09 AM »
The ones I have are from forever 21 and were ok at the time (im more sensitive now then before and haven't worn them in awhile so I cant accurately say if they would be pinching or not)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2013, 10:34:14 AM »
So not my area of expertise, but the garter belt idea sounds good.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2013, 01:07:37 AM »
I am pregnant and have just bought some maternity tights.  They are ultra comfortable - and nobody needs to know they are maternity.  Garter belts just annoy the heck out of me.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal