collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone else unable to keep up with G4?  (Read 3739 times)

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else unable to keep up with G4?
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2013, 08:34:02 AM »
It is overwhelming. I did really well keeping up at first. Now not so much. I only collect hasbro released brushables, and even that has me behind. Now it seems like they are churning out all the good stuff, and i'm so nervous I am going to miss something. Although in my area, we seem to get things slowly, so that helps. I haven't seen Sunset Shimmer yet. Although now I am worried that everything is going to show up at once, and my wallet won't be able to take it. I thought about getting the EG dolls, but I think I have to worry about ponies first. I finally had to realize that I am going to have to pick up FS ponies at yard sales. I don't know how people kept up with G3's when they are in stores. lol

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2013, 09:19:54 AM »
I don't feel like I can't keep up because I only collect Rarity, Cadance and non-main 6 brushable ponies. I'm only missing two Cadances right now (which I'm waiting to get for the holidays due to moving into an apartment in a couple of months) and am awaiting the new Raritys and Cadances as well as the non-main 6 brushables.
-Bow Tie

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2013, 09:26:04 AM »
It can get overwhelming if you want to buy everything. Myself I stick to brushables and Fashion Styles. I'll buy the occasional blind bag for fun but I usually trade or sell them. I passively collect the cards, just whenever I can buy a pack or two. As for merch I don't have a lot of space so if its something I can use then I will otherwise I don't get it. And Plushies, again I don't have much space so I don't collect those either. I only really want a smaller Octavia. I don't bother with magic motion, Funko or Equestria Girls dolls.

It seems like a bunch of playful ponies and fashion styles have been coming out all at once so I just take it a bit at a time.

Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.

Offline BrightIdea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2013, 09:45:30 AM »
I find it is becoming harder and harder to get ponies because they don't sell them in my country. There is so much I want: Funkos, Target exclusives, Walmart exclusives, and Toys R Us exclusives.

I wish I could buy them without inflated prices and without shipping and customs fees.

Lightning Twirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2013, 09:59:36 AM »
As a newer but very serious collector too, phew! There are a LOT of new ponies this year! I thought the toys shown at the fair,  TRU exclusives, and SDCC Pony were gonna be it this year! Holy sprinkles was I wrong!! I make a fair amount, but luckily because of work bonuses and I changed my diet to mostly raw foods, grains, and ramen I can save a bit of $ not buying junk food and have now more than plenty for bills! Whatever is left over I spend on ponies! xD I do feel very overwhelmed because I love all these prototypes and variants , its so hard to obtain them all and I missed out on a ton of awesome ones this year! X_x The cards, plushies, and funkos I obtain gradually so I dont feel so rushed.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 10:04:02 AM by Lightning Twirl »

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2013, 10:09:22 AM »
I don't mind the variety- more to choose from!  I tend to collect by character, color or oddity. Oh, and the Funkos, because they display so well.

Trying to get EVERYTHING pony could easily be overwhelming.  Best to just get the stuff you really really want, and leave the rest behind!   There are even more G1 ponies- so many that it is near impossible to get them all.  Maybe that's what makes it so much easier to just limit yourself to things you want.

Offline Cool.Breeze

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2013, 10:13:26 AM »
Yeah I have noticed the recent  flood of merchandise, it's insane! Because there's so much, I've recently decided to only buy things that I really love a ton and can get locally. I can always go into 'set completer' mode when finances are a bit better and I have more disposable income. It does suck when you can't afford the things you want, but that's when you just enjoy what you already have :biggrin: I've actually been steered toward G3's mostly for the past little while. Since it's a completed generation it's less overwhelming, more like a hunt than a race (maybe that's the reason you prefer G1's?). I also dig them because there's a wider variety of poses and colours, and they're easier to find second hand (I love turning matted manes and tails silky again <3).
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 10:15:32 AM by Cool.Breeze »

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2013, 10:26:35 AM »
The problem here is not that i want everything. I try to keep myself under control. XD But i can't keep up because pretty much nothing gets sold here. Collecting has become a lot more expensive thanks to shipping costs, overpriced eBay and customs charges. I miss being able to go to a store and find a large selection of products...

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2013, 10:30:37 AM »
I hear ya. I only collect the regular brushables (not motion etc...) and only one of each character (except for Luna and Rarity which I have armies of :) ) and blind bags. It seemed like we got hit with waves 4,5,6 and 7 in like one month's time. lol But now my stores have been on wave 7 for months and I have been able to catch up and collect all of the Euro wave 2 and even the rare pink Twilight! I feel like we've had a major drought of brushables for a while now but I think we'll probably get hit hard with a ton (I'm okay with this ;) ) starting in August. I am a bit nervous that I won't be able to afford/buy them fast enough to actually get them.

I definitely had to limit myself to certain things not just for money but for space! And I even have a huge office to myself. I can't imagine trying to store/display all the plushies! I will buy Luna and Rarity if Build A Bear ever releases them though :)

I agree with everyone who can't find the new things in their local stores. I am waiting until I see Sunset Shimmer in the store to buy her and it's KILLING me. 

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2013, 11:52:44 AM »
I'm getting irritated with all of the exclusives, and I only collect regular brushables! It makes it hard, and expensive, to keep up particularly as few of the exclusives ever make it to the UK and international shipping is getting so steep these days.

Still, I am grateful for the opportunity to buy new ponies so I shouldn't complain too much :P

Offline Bellevi

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2013, 11:58:53 AM »
At first I felt a little overwhelmed, but between the rereleases and just not being too taken by the blind bags or vinyl figures based on show characters, I'm alright. Sunset Shimmer is the only thing I've wanted from G4 in a long time.

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2013, 01:03:17 PM »
*pft* Same here!  I never feel like I can keep up!
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2013, 01:30:06 PM »
I don't feel particularly overwhelmed, because I don't want most of it!    ^.^
I'll put something here some time

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2013, 01:44:49 PM »
I am keeping up with what I want mostly.  I have gotten to the point where I feel like I need to take a deep breath and re evaluate what I'm doing though.  Do I really need to buy them all when they come out?  Maybe I can wait, and get them second had later?

Offline Dewprincess

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2013, 01:49:22 PM »
It can be overwhelming, which is why I've been working on concentrating on just what I really want.  For G4, that's one of each unique character in brushable form, and one version of each unique character blind bag (unless I just absolutely adore it, like the glow in the dark mane 6 characters).  I don't get into Funkos or fashion styles, even though I really like them (I do have Dr Hooves, but just because there isn't a brushable version). I try to avoid getting into plushies, but I've had a Funrise Fluttershy and RD fall into my hands and not leave...I don't do variants and I don't start armies.

I try to do a similar tactic for the other gens, but I still am overwhelmed with them.  And, dont get me started on my Care Bear collection...:whoa:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal