collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help!!! I have an extortionist at hand!!  (Read 1741 times)

Offline blondee1982

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Help!!! I have an extortionist at hand!!
« on: July 18, 2013, 06:45:59 AM »
So I sold a Baby Princess Sparkle in EUC with box and buggy...the buyer then listed my pony with her not complete wobbly buggy as soon as she received it , ok its so its an upgrgade, I get that-us pony people do that all the time, now its 4 days later she is emailing me fishing for some type of partial refund because the pony has a bit of glue in her tail/manufacturers flaw..Now normally I would have no issue doing that whatsoever except she is lying straight to my face saying that the pony she is selling is in fact hers, she describes the ponies tail as being very nice (this is her description on her listing) Pony's Hair: BPS's hair is overall beautiful and pink (not faded), tinsel is overall not ragged or torn. There are a few spots of hair in her tail that are hard (stuck together) which does not affect display or light combing of her tail in any way. In my opinion, this occurred when adhesive used in the manufacturing process dripped lightly on her tail. I have other Ponies with this issue and it does not affect display or play." then she tells me in the email that it is hers and it just has similar flaws to mine!!! What do I do at this point??? I have confronted her about it that what she is doing is wrong and extortion but she is still lying her butt off trying to get a partial refund! One Ebay rep is wanting me to report her listing and the second rep said to offer her a full refund if it is returned and report her for abusive practices and I cant get a straight answer on what to do :(

here is the link to her listing with my pony btw :
{live link removed, per site rules~PonyLady}

Search for:RARE Vintage G1 MY LITTLE PONY MLP Baby Princess Sparkle w/ Princess Baby Buggy!

« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 07:17:46 AM by ponylady »

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Help!!! I have an extortionist at hand!!
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 07:16:15 AM »
That is absolutely terrible and you did the right thing by calling Ebay.  :hug:

If it were me I would actually go with rep two's suggestion.  I say that because I am not actually sure what you would report it under. I looked over the options and there does not seem one that is appropriate for your situation. Plus you are under no obligation to give her a partial refund. If she opens a case, Ebay will force her to return the pony at her expense before any sort of a refund will be issued. That is Ebay policy. Then once it is all over with you can report her for abusive practices and Ebay will already have record of it from your phone conversations. So in case she decides to pull a fast one on you and leave negative feedback, it will be removed.

Also sorry I had to edit out your live link to her auction per site rules but I added the Title of the auction, so it can still be searched.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline blondee1982

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 07:28:48 AM »
Thank you so much for your help  :hug: I am just so frustrated I could cry :( I did message her back and very nicely offer her a full refund upon return, which I don't imagine she will want to do of course. I am just utterly shocked on this one, I mean she states in the listing that she is selling( my)her pony and her buggy that she has had in her collection for years to "re-coup her fees" but the way she is harassing me and the listing itself is completely shady and inappropriate because she is trying to re-coup some of her fees through me by lying. I think this one needs to be added to the bad trader list because this is definitely not behavior we want to have from fellow pony lovers and I would hate to see her do this to anyone else. I was just floored because if you really have an issue with a pony you would email the seller right away not 4 days after when your listing has no offers before you would just list the sellers item and coincidentally make the flaw your complaining about to the seller sound like no big deal in your listing... :( With that being said, I think this is the last nail in the ebay coffin and I wont be selling there anymore :(

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 07:42:30 AM »
I don't have any advice for you, but I will add my sympathies on having your item relisted by the buyer trying to turn a profit. Last year I sold a large collection that belonged to a friend who passed away. I've had at least 3 people buy individual items (not lots) from me & immediately try to flip them at a huge profit. I think it's a bit rude when both parties are in the same collecting community.

Best of luck to you resolving this shady situation! :hug:

Offline blondee1982

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 07:53:18 AM »
Thank you kitkatvintage  :hug: I completely agree, it is very rude to do in the first place but I half expect it anymore...I guess I would not be as upset about her selling my pony if she wasn't trying to de-fraud me by asking for a partial refund AND STILL selling my pony at darn near the price she bought mine for and mine came with the original box and buggy in much better shape! :(  it disgusts me that she has the guts to lie right to my face and say that the pony isn't mine when it couldn't be mistaken for anything other than mine lol, I mean the tiny faded pink line on the shoulder with the tiny dot right above it is a pretty unique mark lol, it really takes a different type of person to continue to lie once you have been caught red-handed called out for it
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 01:09:22 PM by blondee1982 »

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 09:05:07 AM »
Well that's awfully rude of her!  I would definitely report her to ebay.   If she tries to retaliate with negative feedback or something you have evidence of what she is doing and ebay will remove it.

If you want to avoid the hassle you could have her send it back (at her cost) for a refund.

Offline blondee1982

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2013, 09:16:28 AM »
Thank you Galactica :) I did message her and offer her the return offer, and I am thinking.... in the unlikely event that she does want to return it what do I do if she sends me back her Baby Princess Sparkle and her lower quality buggy and not my items?? Then I am really gong to have a mess on my hands :( I am absolutely going to report her to eBay either way, I will report her listing and report her for violating ebay's policies as a buyer. I am just so upset and confused :(

Offline Tiffymh1fan

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Im attracted to shinny glitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2013, 09:28:55 AM »
Im sure you still have pictures of your BPS, right? If you do can you send those pictures to her and let her know you have proof its your pony she's selling, so why try to get a refund if she is going to sell it!? Was the glue described in your listing? If so I wouldn't refund it. Sorry this is not much help  :(
Glitter for everyone! :fireworks:

Offline blondee1982

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2013, 09:50:45 AM »
I do have pictures to prove she is mine, I unintentionally missed the glue in the tail when listing however I am a very honest seller and ALWAYS make up for any mistakes on my part....It was just all of the deception surrounding this minor complaint that upset me. Why all of the lies and why tell a seller it is a horrible flaw and then pass it off as no big deal and completely normal in your listing :( and then the whole lying to me denying it is even my pony she is selling, I mean come on, just to get a partial refund so you feel better that you paid less....That is just mean and deceptive

Offline Tiffymh1fan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2013, 10:02:35 AM »
It is very wrong of her to do this.  :( Im sorry your going through this! Can you post a picture on here of your pony? So you can show everyone else its your pony in the first place. I hope the seller is not a member on here  :mad: The glue may be on your pictures if you look close maybe. 

Offline blondee1982

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2013, 10:59:08 AM »
Here is a quick collage I made of my symbol pics and her symbol pics from her listing~ Mine are on the top and hers are on the bottom ;) Granted my pics are better than hers and hers are taken at a bit of an angle but still a clear match, not to mention I 100 % know my pony has the light faded pink mark on the shoulder with the tiny dot directly above it which s a dead giveaway lol ;) you can see her symbol pics a little more clear on her listing itself since is is a direct upload to ebay picture rather than a copy which is lower quality in pixels

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 01:45:45 PM by blondee1982 »

Offline Tiffymh1fan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2013, 11:15:10 AM »
I cant see much of a difference at all. Her pictures are a bit fuzzy.

Offline blondee1982

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2013, 11:22:18 AM »
Pictures can be tricky since glitter shows up different depending on the flash you are using but just the matching placement and shape of the stray glitter marks that are a factory error and misplaced along with the glitter loss in matching areas is obvious it is the same pony, on the bright side I have plenty of proof if she decided to open a case or leave me a negative feedback ;) Still it is BEYOND sad that it even has to go there :(

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2013, 01:14:04 PM »
I really despise 'flippers,' as I call them.  There's several of the kimono collecting circles.  They buy kimono out of Japan that are listed on ebay, and outbid people, and then they relist them right away when they get them, for triple the cost with BIN's.  They offer US shipping of course, but it's just tacky they outbid you and then are reselling it for a HUGE profit to the poor sucker who really, really wanted it. 

There is one person in particular who drives me up the wall as she poses herself as a complete know-it-all, and some of the. . .newer members of the community just eat her stuff up.  Some of it she sources from Y!Japan via Noppin, but there's still a lot of ebay stuff she's gotten.  She bought a strange, converted kimono ( it had been a normal kimono and then had been turned into a dancing kimono that has a long, trailing hem ) from another member of the community, who, from what I could tell, was trying to pay for a move.  Anyways, she haggled it down, then got it and then has it up for sale now for at least twice what she paid for it.  Very rude.  She's also notorious for buying everything up.  Especially Geisha's dancing kimono.  She'll buy them all up, and then resell one or two at a high profit. 

But actually asking for a partial refund on an item she's currently trying to hawk?  That takes some major gall.  The nerve of people these days.  I propose people like this be kicked out of the fandom, have their ponies taken away and given fakies!  XD 

Offline blondee1982

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2013, 01:32:18 PM »
Thank you for making me smile and laugh for the first time in a few days MiRaja LOL! If it wasn't for my fellow pony lovers cheering me up and giving me wonderful advice I would be in far worse shape, thank goodness my 4yr old is such a happy funny kiddo because he is helping to take my mind off it as well ;) And yes the nerve of some people is UNBELIEVABLE, it blows my mind!  they absolutely should be kicked out and have their ponies taken away...just for being a crappy humans in general!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal