collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MYSTERY SOLVED - Thank you! Too many Pinkie Pies!  (Read 1477 times)

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
MYSTERY SOLVED - Thank you! Too many Pinkie Pies!
« on: July 16, 2013, 03:34:54 PM »
**All Pinkie Pies are back in their home sets. Thank you for all your help! I knew I could count on my pony peeps!**
So I had a neat display of nearly all my Pinkie Pies in a giant bubble for the Fair. I took careful pictures of all of them so I knew where they would go back into my collection.  Unfortunately, with 128 Pinkie Pies, I'm missing one photo and don't know which sets 5 of them belong!

They are the blind-bag sized Pinkie Pies, but the ones that didn't come in bags.   When looking closely at them, they're all stamped with different markings and one has no numbers. They would've come from these five sets:

G4 FiM Advent Calendar   LINK

Spa Pony 3-pack set with Zecora and Lotus Blossom   LINK

Walmart Exclusive 12-Pack   LINK

2011 4-Pack   LINK

ToysRUs Exclusive 12-pack   LINK

So can you help me by checking your own sets, and tell me where these Pinkie Pies might belong?

(I think the Spa Pony set?)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

(I think the 4-Pack)

(no clue!)

(no clue!)

(I think the Advent Calendar)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 05:23:23 AM by ashlyne »

Offline Breyer600

• Trade Count: (+437)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: HELP! Too many Pinkie Pies!
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 04:57:15 PM »
I think you're right on the first two.  I'm pretty sure the one I had from the spa set was marked like the first one (it's mixed in with my other sales though so I'm no longer positive which one she is), and my single is similar to the second one.

ETA: I checked my sales Pinkies which as I recall are two from the spa set and one blind bag.  Two have that #A2031 on their hooves while the third does not which would make them and the one in your first picture the spa ones.

(no clue!)

This looks like the one from my Walmart set:

(I think the Advent Calendar)

I actually think this is the Toys R Us one.  Here's mine for comparison:

« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 07:53:07 PM by Breyer600 »

MLP Sales  Non-MLP Sales
Wishlist
Avatar by SquarePeg; Sig by Alrak

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 05:04:33 PM »
Good luck!!!!! I gave up on keeping those straight. Heck, I baited a bunch of them because I don't need a dozen identical Pinkies. I'll give you a bump though. Maybe somebody else can help you.

sailorstitch

Offline butterflybuttons

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Feeling the G2 love
    • View Profile
    • My outdated DA
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 06:23:07 PM »
Wow! That's a lot of pinkies! They all start looking the same after a while to me :silly:
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 06:25:17 PM by butterflybuttons »

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 07:37:47 PM »
Hmm I wonder if one of them was the large eye pinkie form the puzzle playhouse?

I sold mine so I can't check for you though. :( sorry!
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 05:42:54 AM »
Thanks so much, Breyer! 

I actually had a couple of partial Advent Calendar sets for sale, so I dug those out. One of them has a different number, and the other number matched the one I suspected went with the set. Plus, it's got the darkest hair out of all five, and both my extras have dark hair like that.   Breyer, your TRU one looks to have brighter pink hair.  I'm guessing Hasbro mixed them up a bit. Hopefully someone else can add to this info.

So Pinkie #1 is from the Spa Set;   
Pinkie #2 is from the 4-Pack.
Pinkie #4 looks to be from the Walmart set; 
Pinkie #5 is either Advent or TRU
That leaves #3 or either Adventor TRU pack. 

Does anyone else have the "This little piggy went to the market..." going through their heads??  *lol*

Sarahlacewing, I still have my Pinkie Pie in the little cottage box  :)   These five sets are the only ones missing Pinkie Pies. I had photos for everything else and got all the other Pinkies put in their spots.  I'm normally really organized with this, but it only takes 1 missing photo to drive me nuts :P

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 06:31:31 AM »
I think Nr 4 is from the Spa Pony set. Any pody that comes from one of these sets dont have any numbers on their hooves.

Offline Breyer600

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2013, 08:07:22 AM »
Thanks so much, Breyer! 

I actually had a couple of partial Advent Calendar sets for sale, so I dug those out. One of them has a different number, and the other number matched the one I suspected went with the set. Plus, it's got the darkest hair out of all five, and both my extras have dark hair like that.   Breyer, your TRU one looks to have brighter pink hair.  I'm guessing Hasbro mixed them up a bit. Hopefully someone else can add to this info.

So Pinkie #1 is from the Spa Set;   
Pinkie #2 is from the 4-Pack.
Pinkie #4 looks to be from the Walmart set; 
Pinkie #5 is either Advent or TRU
That leaves #3 or either Adventor TRU pack. 

Does anyone else have the "This little piggy went to the market..." going through their heads??  *lol*

Sarahlacewing, I still have my Pinkie Pie in the little cottage box  :)   These five sets are the only ones missing Pinkie Pies. I had photos for everything else and got all the other Pinkies put in their spots.  I'm normally really organized with this, but it only takes 1 missing photo to drive me nuts :P

I don't have any with that Hasbro SA #36632 like on your Pinkie #3 which is why I suspected she would be the Advent calendar one.  However, I did wonder about the hair.  The only one I have with noticeably darker hair is my single (This One) - her number also starts with a 0 like your Pinkie #2 (I believe the singles and 4-packs were released/produced around the same time so that would track).  My TRU and Walmart ones have hair that's pretty much the same color though their body colors are a bit different. 

I think Nr 4 is from the Spa Pony set. Any pody that comes from one of these sets dont have any numbers on their hooves.

One pony from each set does have numbers - my extra Applejack and Rarity from their sets have numbers and the Hasbro SA stamp as well.  Only one pony (Applejack) from the Walmart set has a production number (begins with a 2), and she doesn't have the Hasbro SA stamp. 

MLP Sales  Non-MLP Sales
Wishlist

Offline CupcakeLoverXx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Pony Lover since 2012!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2013, 09:05:30 AM »
I'm not sure if this will help (getting confused over the many Pinkie's :P) but my Pinkie from the 4 pack has the dark paint and bigger eyes.
Also,my Spa pony Pinkie has printed numbers on her hooves (but as mine is from the UK it might be different)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 09:08:41 AM by CupcakeLoverXx »

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2013, 12:18:58 PM »
OK, I popped into TRU over lunch on an errand run.

The had 3 Spa sets, and all Pinkie Pies had the number 22511. I couldn't see under the flat foot, but I feel pretty confident I have that one matched up correctly.  TornadoTwist, Breyer is right. Applejack and Rarity both have similar numbers to that Pinkie Pie and Hasbro SA #A2031  or Hasbro SA #A2032 or Hasbro SA #A2033.   

TRU also had the 12-pack,  all with numbers on the poised hoof and no other hoof that I saw.  There were several sets and the numbers varied between 21841, 30141, and 23241. With Breyer's 11581 number, there doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to this particular set, other than they have just that one number stamped, and the stamp is to the rear of the hoof.    Their hair was the brighter pink though, that much was consistent. 

I think I'm going to have to take a comparison photo in good light to compare the hair color and eye size. 

Offline Breyer600

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2013, 12:43:21 PM »
Yeah, the exact numbers will be different since those just tell what day that particular pony was produced - http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,333074.msg814392.html#msg814392 

MLP Sales  Non-MLP Sales
Wishlist

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2013, 12:48:06 PM »
Yeah, the exact numbers will be different since those just tell what day that particular pony was produced - http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,333074.msg814392.html#msg814392 

That is interesting!  So the lower the first number is, the earlier it was produced. That would make sense with the 4-pack and single ponyvilles having a "0" being the first ones to show up, produced in 2010. 

I'd like to see if anyone who has the Walmart pack can tell me if their Pinkie Pie hooves are blank too?

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2013, 03:29:06 PM »
It works the same way as GI Joe figures, ashlyne - it was a GI Joe collector I actually originally got the clue from and then a friend who works at Mattel who confirmed it as a way certain toy brands work. As you have told me before sometimes other communities have more to share on pony knowledge than we would think!

Ponies which come in big sets - such as the Walmart one - will only have one pony in the whole pack with a number on their feet. One pony serves as the manufacture indicator so yes the Walmart Pony Power pack Pinkie does not have any numbers in her feet.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 04:01:11 PM by hathorcat »
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2013, 12:55:22 PM »
Ponies which come in big sets - such as the Walmart one - will only have one pony in the whole pack with a number on their feet. One pony serves as the manufacture indicator so yes the Walmart Pony Power pack Pinkie does not have any numbers in her feet.

That's very helpful, since only Applejack has a numbered foot in that set!   It's all coming together now :D

So...silly me. I'm looking more closely at my sets, each set in it's own baggy in one box.   I'm looking through the TRU set and notice there's already a Pinkie Pie in there! I must've never taken that one out! I just assumed since I had 5 rogue Pinkies and five sets bagged in that box that there was one for each set.   So this means my five mystery Pinkies belong to the four remaining sets.   The only set I got duplicates of were the Advent Calendar set, because it came with alternate-colored accessories.  I must've noticed a difference in the Pinkies from two calendars and kept them both. 

So I think we have this solved:

Pinkie Pie #1 -- Spa set -- Has a numbered hoof and the Hasbro SA #A2301 stamp, just like the Applejack and Rarity from the other sets

Pinkie Pie #2 -- 4-Pack -- Has the early 2010 stamp of 02841 on the hoof with the hole, as does the other 3 ponies from that pack.

Pinkie Pie #4 -- Walmart Set -- Blank, just like all the other ones in the set with the exception of Applejack, which is a standard thing to do according to Hathorcat.

Pinkie Pies #3 and #5 -- Advent Calendar -- The one marked with just the 11261 has dark hair, large eyes and similar stamp as the 2 Pinkies in my partial sets I had for sale;   Also, the Twilight Sparkles in those extra sets have a Hasbro SA #36632 or similar number along with the main production number, just like my Pinkie #3.  So I believe both came from the Advent Calendars.

TRU Pinkie Pie -- Already in my baggy and was never mixed in with the others.  :doh:  It's interesting that she has brighter hair, small eyes, and her eye color is more blue than aqua.....which is just like my Pinkie #3.  Only the TRU one doesn't have the Hasbro SA stamp. 

A big THANK YOU to all your help!   I feel much better now  :iconclap:
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 12:57:10 PM by ashlyne »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2013, 01:49:18 PM »
Yay! I am so pleased you managed to sort them. That would have driven me crackers as well.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal