collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MLP G4 Blind Bag Wave 9 predictions  (Read 22699 times)

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: MLP G4 Blind Bag Wave 9 predictions
« Reply #90 on: July 24, 2013, 07:34:03 PM »
Ahh, true! They might be trying to get away from the repeats, then. It's exactly 50/50 at this point so it could go either way.

I'm also still fond of the theory that these are something different from blind bags--the "Rainbooms" that Hasbro trademarked not long ago.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 24, 2013, 07:35:59 PM »
Here's who I'm counting

Psychedelic Dash, Rarity & Cadance
Yellow nurse pony, raindrops pony, Crimson Gala re-color
"Medley", purple pony with bows? candy??, Rainbow Shine re-color
Apple Fritter re-color, Peachy Sweet in AJ mold, Amethyst Star in Twi. mold
Sea Swirl with different hair color, Sassaflash re-color, Lily Valley pegasus

Actually now putting them side-by-side those last 2 seem quite different. I know that some of these might be tests/mash-ups but they did all show up around the same time so I'm assuming they might go together unlike some of the other franken-ponies seen on taobao/ebay (ie. all the neon ones with Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash's cutie marks, Cherry Fizzy with red hair & Emerald Ray's cutie mark, clear Big Mac, etc.) who's styles just seem to different than these to be part of a same wave.
I'm not assuming all of the mane 6 will be in yet....

« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 07:41:03 PM by 3377345 »

Offline Shiromisa

• Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 24, 2013, 07:40:56 PM »
Those last two look like they just have different lighting. I'll be incredibly surprised if they make it into the same wave. The only ones I'd bank on not being frankenponies are the three rainbow ones, nurse, and the two rain-themed pegasi, since they don't share cutie marks with any past ponies.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 07:43:34 PM by Shiromisa »

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline Flitter

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 24, 2013, 07:42:36 PM »
Those last two look like they just have different lighting. I'll be incredibly surprised if they make it into the same wave.
Might be but I just noticed that, besides the different cutie marks, one has RD's eye style and one has AJ's. Their colors are so similar though.

Offline Shiromisa

• Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 24, 2013, 07:46:23 PM »
Those last two look like they just have different lighting. I'll be incredibly surprised if they make it into the same wave.
Might be but I just noticed that, besides the different cutie marks, one has RD's eye style and one has AJ's. Their colors are so similar though.
The first one's eyes just look like Sassaflash's. The second one's seem to be unique though!

Offline Flitter

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 24, 2013, 07:58:14 PM »
The only ones I'd bank on not being frankenponies are the three rainbow ones, nurse, and the two rain-themed pegasi, since they don't share cutie marks with any past ponies.
Lol, or Hasbro might just be getting THAT lazy. :lol: We've already got Cherry Spices and Trixie in 2 different molds, 3 different Lyras...

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 24, 2013, 08:36:47 PM »
Agreed.
The only ones I'd bank on not being frankenponies are the three rainbow ones, nurse, and the two rain-themed pegasi, since they don't share cutie marks with any past ponies.
Disagreed. Remember, every one of them, except for the Lily Valley pegasus, corresponds to a real background pony from the show. They might not all end up going through, but I wouldn't consider any of them frankenponies.

Offline Shiromisa

• Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 24, 2013, 08:39:37 PM »
Ahh, fair enough! I'd forgotten, that was earlier in the thread, right? I can't keep track of all these ponies. :D

Offline SilverRains

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 24, 2013, 08:57:02 PM »
Disagreed. Remember, every one of them, except for the Lily Valley pegasus, corresponds to a real background pony from the show. They might not all end up going through, but I wouldn't consider any of them frankenponies.
To be fair, a lot of the background ponies in the show are 'frankenponies', too.  Quite a few of the ponies shown in that image are background characters that appear only once for a brief moment, sporting the cutie mark and eye color of a more common background pony.

If the music stops, there's only the sound of the rain.
Wishlist ~ Art

Offline Flitter

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 24, 2013, 09:15:55 PM »
Oh guys I just thought of this! I saw a 12 pack of Wave 8 ponies on taobao recently.

I wonder if we might start getting smaller waves?
I really hope stores don't start stocking half waves now though. That'd be really irritating  to have half the ponies to be harder to get.

Offline Violet CLM

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 24, 2013, 11:10:21 PM »
To be fair, a lot of the background ponies in the show are 'frankenponies', too.  Quite a few of the ponies shown in that image are background characters that appear only once for a brief moment, sporting the cutie mark and eye color of a more common background pony.
Oh, absolutely. Medley, Amethyst Star, and Sea Swirl are among the main twenty-two background mares, but the rest are definitely one-scene recolors or members of the endless Apple Family that I can never bother to keep track of. I just mean it's super unlikely that the toymakers and the showmakers would independently come up with all those identical combinations of coat color, mane color, and cutie mark.

@12 box: That's really weird! I wonder what's going on there and what prompted it.

If I were to nominate one of those ponies (besides Lily Valley the pegasus pony) not to make it into the line, it'd be the blue and gray rainbow girl, because, uh, hello, she's supposed to be a dude??

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 25, 2013, 01:50:22 AM »
We have these boxes over here now. I actually spotted one of these in one of my local Tesco stories last night. I guess it could be a request by certain retailers. Our big grocery supermarkets here tend to carry toy stock but they have very limited shelf space so its probably an easier solution for them.

Oh guys I just thought of this! I saw a 12 pack of Wave 8 ponies on taobao recently.

I wonder if we might start getting smaller waves?
I really hope stores don't start stocking half waves now though. That'd be really irritating  to have half the ponies to be harder to get.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

will2Bfree

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #102 on: July 25, 2013, 02:29:49 AM »
If I were to nominate one of those ponies (besides Lily Valley the pegasus pony) not to make it into the line, it'd be the blue and gray rainbow girl, because, uh, hello, she's supposed to be a dude??

Ah, they're trying to avoid making another boy mold. That's disappointing we'll probably never see any male pegasi.

Offline Violet CLM

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 26, 2013, 03:28:25 AM »

EVERYTHING YOU KNOW IS WRONG

Offline BlueyBirdy

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony