collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How are you keeping cool?  (Read 3918 times)

Offline LadySiha

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I'll meet you across the sea...
    • View Profile
Re: How are you keeping cool?
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2013, 01:57:07 PM »
I run AC as sparingly as possible, since the windows in our apartment are VERY inefficient, and I may as well just be running the AC straight outside....
I grew up in an old farm house with no AC so we always had popsicles and cold things to drink, as well as we had a pool growing up.  But one thing my mom did that seemed to work (and I still do this) was to make hot soup.  I also like to drink a hot coffee in the morning when it's hot.  The theory (and I don't know if this is true or not) but you're sort of raising your body temp, and it makes the air around you seem less hot.
I also take showers, starting luke-warm to initially cool myself down, then gradual raise the temp into a hot shower.  Same idea as the warm liquids.  I come out and feel significantly cooled off!

Offline BethyVic

• Let It Be/Peace & Love Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There is still a light that shines on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2013, 03:35:03 PM »
In the summer I go back and forth between my apartment in Minneapolis and our lakehome in Wisconsin.  Luckily, both places have good AC.  When we leave the house, I always bring my handy Camelbak water bottle.  Last summer seemed worse to me in terms of heat. My skin does act up in the summer, because it gets even more oily than usual.  Those little oil slick sheets are amazing!
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2013, 10:05:43 AM »
Where I am, it's hot & very humid. The heat index is over 100 almost every day! I have AC but it can't keep up some days. I use lots of fans, take cool showers, drink gallons of iced mint tea, and try to run errands and things at night. Even swimming is no fun because the water is as warm as bath water :(
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Wadatsumi

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2013, 10:16:32 AM »
well, it's good to drink much, but in this heat drinking warm things is better to cool down - that's hypothallamus-related  ;)

whenever it's possible we go swimming, but since i have my period - thanks to womanhood  :poke: - it's no good this time  :( (i'm allergic on tampons -_-)

so just hold on and stay with the cooler  :cool:

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2013, 12:00:33 PM »
Its really hot in DFW, Texas  :hot: and my dumb house doesn't have windows that open for any air conditioners  :mad: so I have to rely in a fan and second hand air conditioning air to keep my room cool (I miss having my door closed 24/7)
But I usually keep my natural cool when I'm outside. Minimum movement, deep breathing in and out, don't get frustrated...just chill. Although I do miss eating Bomb Pop ice cream  :(
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal