collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Show Stable is complete!  (Read 544 times)

Offline mul-ta

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
My Show Stable is complete!
« on: June 19, 2013, 12:13:58 AM »
Why a Show Stable brag? Because of the 5-year-old me. I've shared the story of my stable before, but this would perhaps be the place to share it again. As a child, I never had one, but the kids next door had. To my disappointment, they treated their ponies pretty roughly, like cut their mouths open. The stable saw some equally rough play, and I secretly wished I could rescue it and it would become a home for my ponies. I didn't, and the stable was forgotten.

When I started serious collecting, the 1st issue Show Stable and the associated yellow droplet pony were among my first wants. I got mine in fair condition, with most of the interesting accessories missing but with its original, albeit tattered, box. I've sold most of this first collection, which was to be the stable's fate as well. I listed it on an online auction site. No one bid. I thought about it again and didn't relist. Luckily. A few weeks after the auction closed I got an inquiry about the stable. I told it was no longer available - I had decided to keep it.

This year, I set about the quest for the missing accessories, which was madness: it would probably have been easier to sell the old stable and get a complete or near complete one on evilBay or whatever. I just couldn't give up on the original that had survived the ups and downs of my collecting. The awesome little.fox forwarded the last few harder-to-find things to me from a Swedish auction site. :fox: (Okay, the purple ribbon is still missing.) I'm at my parents' right now and finally able to put all my Show Stable stuff together for photos.

This is Galaxy, my childhood no. 1 pony, at the home I wanted him to have. The dogs are called Brandy (on the bed) and Cognac. Galaxy may look like a D'nP Player, but is actually called Galaxy. Also, he is a he. Don't let the lipstick fool you.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Lastly, because one can never have too many Lemon Drop variants, here's one more thing to do with the Stable: stuff it fulla 'Drops. Starring a pair of Limone, a Gotitas, a HK Lemon Drop and Macau Folly.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

[stickied 20/6/13 - kiwimlp :) ]

unstickied 24/6/13
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 01:38:13 PM by kiwimlp »

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Re: My Show Stable is complete!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 02:04:38 AM »
Congrats :)

Lightning Twirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 06:31:50 AM »
I think  G1 show tables are so adorable! If only they could be bigger or fit more ponies! x'D 

Offline PitterPatter

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Rhinos are just fat unicorns...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 12:24:45 PM »
Awww, all your Lemon Drops look great in there. Congratulations ^_^

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 12:35:58 PM »
The awesome little.fox forwarded the last few harder-to-find things to me from a Swedish auction site. :fox: (Okay, the purple ribbon is still missing.)

I'm so happy I could help! Your Show Stable looks amazing, I love the pic with the Lemon Drops poking their heads out!

And best of luck finding the ribbon, I bet you will find it when you least expect!

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 01:34:15 PM »
Congrats!!

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 01:44:50 PM »
I love brags like this.  It's so nice to see the Show Stable from your childhood is now loved and appreciated.  Huge congrats on finding all of those accessories!!  :frolic:

mylittleponylover92

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2013, 02:04:01 PM »
Congrats!  ^.^ Very cute  :satisfied:

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2013, 06:25:49 PM »
Congrats, that is awesome.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline mul-ta

• Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2013, 11:38:27 PM »
Wow... I logged on to the Arena this morning just to discover my thread had been stickied! :stunned: :faint: Thank you, Kiwi, and everyone for their comments and congratulations!

I love brags like this.  It's so nice to see the Show Stable from your childhood is now loved and appreciated.  Huge congrats on finding all of those accessories!!  :frolic:

Thank you! :hug: It's not the mintiest stable one can get, but has a story to it and will stay with me.

I'm so happy I could help! Your Show Stable looks amazing, I love the pic with the Lemon Drops poking their heads out!

And best of luck finding the ribbon, I bet you will find it when you least expect!

Hello Fox, I'm glad you dropped by! :wave: :fox: Yep, I've yet to hunt for original ribbons but I believe there's a suitable purple one somewhere out there.

Awww, all your Lemon Drops look great in there. Congratulations ^_^

Thanks! Lemon Drop's my favourite pony, and I have a variant army that's slowly growing :heart: These LD's are from my first collection that has mostly been sold.

I think  G1 show tables are so adorable! If only they could be bigger or fit more ponies! x'D 

The stables are my favourite playsets. Granted, the first one's a bit of a Lemon Drop of playsets, but to me it's the most memorable (and hey, I love Lemon Drop too!) I hope to find a Megan's Place some day, it has the sweetest color scheme of them all. One can dream, right?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 11:40:43 PM by mul-ta »

Clarabel Sapphire

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2013, 04:27:44 AM »
Aw, what a lovely story to share and I'm thrilled to see you have the Show Stable you always dreamed of!  :biggrin:

Chinabun

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2013, 04:52:56 AM »
It looks amazing! How wonderful that you decided to keep it and make the effort to complete it <3 I am missing ONE flag for mine (I think thats all) and would LOVE to find it to complete :blush: Thank you for sharing! LOVE your "box of drops"

Offline mul-ta

• Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2013, 04:56:39 AM »
Aw, what a lovely story to share and I'm thrilled to see you have the Show Stable you always dreamed of!  :biggrin:

Thank you for the lovely comment! :heart:

It looks amazing! How wonderful that you decided to keep it and make the effort to complete it <3 I am missing ONE flag for mine (I think thats all) and would LOVE to find it to complete :blush: Thank you for sharing! LOVE your "box of drops"

Thanks! I have a few extra flags around, maybe there's one for you? I'll drop you a PM right away!

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2013, 05:30:05 AM »
ah, what a sweet brag! I like that brags have a story behind them - I'm sentimental like that I guess ;)
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline Tiella

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Professional Multi-Tasker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art Page
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2013, 04:09:46 AM »
Awww what  great story, grats!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal