collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What's Your Splurge?  (Read 3574 times)

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: What's Your Splurge?
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2013, 06:54:18 PM »
TG, go to the best sellers section of A, click on top 10 free books.  On the right of the screen.  Then, to the left side you can specify mysteries, romance, syfy, etc.  You'll find all kinds of stuff to read.  :)
:socks:   :frog:

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2013, 06:56:47 PM »
O.O  *goes to find Kindle*  Thank you Rybett!  Also, i need to pm you...got your earrings almost done! 

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2013, 07:10:01 PM »
Vacations!  I love going places, especially Chicago and NYC. I'd rather have an experience than "things" at times. Also ebooks, particularly if they're about business/writing/internet, and bath soaps/gels. I use them so I don't feel bad about buying a bunch every month at the outlet or during a sale. Also! Jeans! I have to pay 40.00 for them at Lane Bryant, but I use coupons and stock up because it's so hard for me as a curvy and tall woman to find good jeans!

I guess I spend more than usual on vacations and e-books too  :biggrin:
but I feel like those are both entirely justified so I don't feel like they are really a "splurge" so much as a calculated expense.  Books, even some of the crap I read- keeps your mind active and limber- and traveling contributes to your general happiness http://www.livescience.com/6158-study-happiness-experiences-stuff.html

I like your thinking!  Haha. Plus you can buy as many ebooks as you want and hide them from family or significant others. Hehe.

I'm super picky about hotels so all of my vacations are a splurge..
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2013, 09:24:49 PM »
Hmmm..
I splurge on clothes..Its not a bad thing *Pushing over flowing clothes back in my closet*
okay maybe I get more than I need.

I use to splerge A LOT, Before pony collecting I would buy, Throw pillows, Curtains even when I had enough. Floor lamps, tones of interior decor. That's not a bad splurge but I bought too much of the same things.

Then I needed to direct my money better..so I started buying lalaloopsy minis. I have like 40 some sets..but my interest only lasted about a year..then it went to ponies.

Oh and I splurge on 80's bed sheets to make 80's them comforters..I have an obsession with blankets..
 :dribble:
:accomplished:

Offline Talismarr

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2013, 07:32:16 AM »
There's always something I find a way to justify buying... for example, I just bought some Pampered Chef stuff, which I'm sure I didn't need, but am excited about anyways. Then friends from out of town came in and wanted to go for dinner, which we couldn't afford, but went anyways.
Also, my boyfriend and I like spiced rum, so that can easily equal $50+ a month...
It's hard to stick to a budget!

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2013, 07:57:04 AM »
Fast food. I could live on it. And not only is it costly, it's supremely unhealthy for ya too.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2013, 08:18:25 AM »
Clothes.  I kind of got into the habit of replacing my whole wardrobe every 6 months or so while I was losing weight because nothing would fit right anymore, and it's carried over into life when I'm not trying to lose a ton more weight.  Now I just don't donate ill-fitting clothes - they all still fit so I just add to the collection, lol!

I don't shop at boutiques or even at the mall though.  A lot of what I have comes from Ross or Gordman's or Burlington.  When I HAD to replace my clothes these places were all I could afford to buy from that often, and now I just like going there to dig through the racks, you know?  Never know what you'll find!

Reiya

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2013, 08:34:30 AM »
Beauty products. I have a problem. When I first started using makeup drugstore brands made me break out so I had to use the more expensive brands such as Tarte that only use organic ingredients. Its been six years and I have out grown my allergic reaction but I still splurge on expensive brands. I have no idea why but I have this compulsion to spend $40 on foundation instead of an almost identical product that only cost $10.

Offline mercynova

• NSS Buttons
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2013, 08:39:34 AM »
Topshop clothes... seriously I go in there and I'm like "I've got that, got that, got that" yet I still can't go in the place without spending money! I need help!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2013, 08:55:30 AM »
It's usually toys (not just ponies) and dolls but lately I been wanting to splurge on keys to open the crates I randomly get in Team Fortress 2. Sometimes the crates have hats or snazzy accessories or unusual effects.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2013, 01:12:23 PM »
It's usually toys (not just ponies) and dolls but lately I been wanting to splurge on keys to open the crates I randomly get in Team Fortress 2. Sometimes the crates have hats or snazzy accessories or unusual effects.
Oh I hear you on TF2 splurging. Now that I'm on a paycheck and paying my own way for things I have to budget my gaming splurges though.

Duster reference]

GermanDark

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2013, 02:02:06 PM »
I spend a lot of money on comics (mostly DC), "art of" books (like the Art of The Hobbit or the Art of Kung Fu Panda, things like that), and dumb online games like wajas, lioden or howrse. A single art of book sends me back around $30 and comics I buy in volumes usually rather than issues, so each of those are around $15-$20 (though even issues these days are super expensive, often $3+ for a little 10 page comic...). Non-necessities, why so expensive?!

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2013, 05:12:49 PM »
I'm trying to watch my spending, now that I have my own place (and I'm hoping to switch my second job out for a better one).

However, I love coffee, smelling stuff like candles, lotions and soaps, and anything with kitties o
n it!

Offline Kaeldre

• Goa'uld System Lord
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "The best advice I've found is don't look down."
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2013, 12:30:32 PM »
New video games~  I usually splurge once per pay period (if I can afford it) and I either buy or preorder a game that I've been wanting.

That and building more on my Stargate collection. :3

"When someone asks me if I give up, I say 'Not until I'm dead'.  And sometimes not even then." ~ Daniel Jackson
"Asking a Ferengi to play a Cardassian game is like asking a Klingon to chew with his mouth closed." ~ Elim Garak

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2013, 12:44:06 PM »
Fast Food Breakfast every morning I go to work. I gotta have that breakfast biscuit!

Fast food. I could live on it. And not only is it costly, it's supremely unhealthy for ya too.
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. I don't cook, so we eat out often, and far too many of those times are fast food.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal