collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Was watching Jem again.  (Read 719 times)

kaskurgi

• Trade Count: (0)
Was watching Jem again.
« on: June 18, 2013, 02:00:16 AM »
I never realized what a butt Rio is at the start when he doesn't know Jerrica/Jem are the same person. He is kissing both of them. What a two timing cheater pants! LOL In the "Who is he kissing?" song Jem says making love :O Dang the things they could get away with back in the day compared to now lol.

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
Re: Was watching Jem again.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 07:09:27 AM »
Yeah, I actually started re-watching it too, and was pretty surprised that it was a somewhat adult show!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

Kobold

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 08:41:39 AM »
I re-watched it last year and kept thinking ''hey. the Misfits keep trying to KILL you. CALL. THE. POLICE.''.  >_<

(BTW ''making love to'' can be an old fashioned way to say ''sweet talk'' or ''to romance'')

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 08:54:17 AM »
It's best not to look TOO carefully at the plot-lines-  otherwise you might have to conclude that the entire series is an elaborate delusion/hallucination by Jerrica....

It would explain why Jem and the Holograms never have any money when they are a #1 band- and many many other serious huh? moments...

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 09:48:46 AM »
I never realized what a butt Rio is at the start when he doesn't know Jerrica/Jem are the same person. He is kissing both of them. What a two timing cheater pants! LOL In the "Who is he kissing?" song Jem says making love :O Dang the things they could get away with back in the day compared to now lol.

Lol This

I re-watched it last year and kept thinking ''hey. the Misfits keep trying to KILL you. CALL. THE. POLICE.''.  >_<

(BTW ''making love to'' can be an old fashioned way to say ''sweet talk'' or ''to romance'')

and this! :lol:

I thought this when I watched it for the first time last year.  May have to watch it again.  I really liked it regardless :lol:

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline dragonlady

• Master of Organized Chaos
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+191)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2013, 10:00:03 AM »

I know, right? It's called a restraining order Jerrica, use it!

Had to laugh as my younger sister was watching it with me once and it was the episode where Eric slaps Jerrica and then Rio punches him out. My sister turned to me and said "Holy crap! And this is a girl's cartoon?!" yes, and it was awesome!!

Offline ember86

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • A very picky little pony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2013, 11:05:04 AM »
It's best not to look TOO carefully at the plot-lines-  otherwise you might have to conclude that the entire series is an elaborate delusion/hallucination by Jerrica....

It would explain why Jem and the Holograms never have any money when they are a #1 band- and many many other serious huh? moments...

LOL! Didn't Christy Marx say something about secretly believing Jerrica had Schizophrenia?
  Thank you Scraleos for my sig! Thank you MLPmintchocolatechip for my a avatar  Have a very pony day [you]
My etsy shop

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 01:42:46 PM »

LOL! Didn't Christy Marx say something about secretly believing Jerrica had Schizophrenia?

How funny!  I found the quote-  sounds like she was just joking- she probably acknowledged some of the same issues that we (as adults) see in a show that was designed for a somewhat younger and more gullible audience..

--- In [email protected], Christy Marx
<christymarx@s...> wrote:
>
> >Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall Christy commenting (on
> >the DVD) that she felt Jem/Jerrica was schizophrenic, but couldn't
> >really go down that path on a children's show.
>
> CHRISTY SEZ: Ahem, said in jest. Not to be taken tooooo seriously.

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2013, 08:39:23 PM »
Wouldn't it be Dissociative Identity Disorder? 

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Jemgirl

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2013, 02:22:11 AM »
I love hearing what other people think of Jem, as I am a big fan of Jem! The 80's cartoons sure had elements in them that wouldn't be shown in today's cartoons. What about when Eric Raymond hires Zipper to follow Jem and the Holograms to Paris and he knocks over a Gargoyle on a roof top to try and fall on them. Or when the Misfits steal their instruments, take off in their van and start throwing them at the Rockin' Roadster, making the good guys almost run off a cliff. I love those scenes. One of my fav funny scenes is when Rio kicks over a pot plant in another one of his angry rants. Hehe. Rio sure blows off steam easily.

I do love how deep the character's go in the series and they have episodes that go back to explain the past of Jerrica and her parents and so on. Christy Marx put so much effort into this show and I just love the music too. I've been lucky enough to attend three Jemcons and have met a lot of people who worked on the show and it's been fascinating being able to hear their stories in person and be able to ask those questions I dreamt of knowing about. :)

I often still watch Jem and always have some of the songs on my ipod and I LOVE the dolls too :) Here's a pic of some of my dolls and a pic when I first met Samantha Newark, the speaking voice of Jem.

Doll Suite 2012 by *Jemgirl*, on Flickr

Rachael &amp; Samantha by *Jemgirl*, on Flickr

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2013, 08:49:52 AM »
I love hearing what other people think of Jem, as I am a big fan of Jem! The 80's cartoons sure had elements in them that wouldn't be shown in today's cartoons. What about when Eric Raymond hires Zipper to follow Jem and the Holograms to Paris and he knocks over a Gargoyle on a roof top to try and fall on them. Or when the Misfits steal their instruments, take off in their van and start throwing them at the Rockin' Roadster, making the good guys almost run off a cliff. I love those scenes. One of my fav funny scenes is when Rio kicks over a pot plant in another one of his angry rants. Hehe. Rio sure blows off steam easily.

I do love how deep the character's go in the series and they have episodes that go back to explain the past of Jerrica and her parents and so on. Christy Marx put so much effort into this show and I just love the music too. I've been lucky enough to attend three Jemcons and have met a lot of people who worked on the show and it's been fascinating being able to hear their stories in person and be able to ask those questions I dreamt of knowing about. :)

I often still watch Jem and always have some of the songs on my ipod and I LOVE the dolls too :) Here's a pic of some of my dolls and a pic when I first met Samantha Newark, the speaking voice of Jem.

Doll Suite 2012 by *Jemgirl*, on Flickr

Rachael &amp; Samantha by *Jemgirl*, on Flickr

Great pics!  Haha- I just watched that episode where the Misfits first try to kill Jem with a tractor, then steal the Holograms instruments and thrown them at the Holograms and near kill them-  then Eric hires a guy to "scare" Jerrica- and ends up burning down her house...

Jerrica seriously needed to get a restraining order!

Rio is either a cheater-pants, or he knows that Jem and Jerrica are the same-  if he doesn't, Jem is naughty too for trying to get her boyfriend to cheat on her, with herself...

Still I love the Jem cartoons- the introduction is super well drawn, the songs and characters are great :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal