collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone Believe In Fairies?  (Read 1132 times)

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
Anyone Believe In Fairies?
« on: June 11, 2013, 10:24:54 AM »
Yeah I know it's a silly question.  I always wondered though if they are really out there and good at hiding.  I know that people in Ireland believe in them (not all) and they have fairy houses and stuff that were made by unknown people or beings.

I do sort of believe in them and unicorns. Throughout history and in different places unicorns have existed in art, tapestries and in many different forms.  Where did they originate?  I believe that they did exist at one point, long ago.

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone Believe In Fairies?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 10:43:47 AM »
No. I don't. I used to, but when you grow up, things change, and I don't believe in them. Same as I don't believe in magic. If there was some sort of 'guardian angel' I'd have thought they would make people's lives easier, not harder! Just my thoughts, I did used to believe though. x

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 10:54:22 AM »
Maybe they're more like nature spirits!   

I loved that when we visited Thailand- EVERY SINGLE house and business had little spirit houses somewhere on the property where they left things like food and flowers-  I got the idea that the "spirits" included all manner of things some of which the Western world would definitely label as faerie! 

Have you ever watched "Spirited Away"  Kind of the same idea maybe...  (Loved that movie btw)

Offline melipuffles

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 10:55:44 AM »
I believe in anything until it's been absolutely proven without a doubt to be false.
I believe in magic, fairies, unicorns, aliens/ufo's, ghosts, monsters, demons,...you name it. I'm into paranormal and supernatural stuff, so I believe in a lot of things.

I even believed in Santa Claus until I was 13 years old...and I mean, Santa Claus DID exist, just not the way we portray him today. (Though it did kind of suck having my mom go "Oh, but you don't still believe in SANTA do you?" and I was like "Well...I did...until now...D: "

Offline rearing_palomino164

• Trade Count: (0)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Share a smile at least once a day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 11:03:56 AM »
I used to when I was younger, but not so much anymore. I didn't believe in magical creatures like unicorns or dragons, but rather like being able to talk to animals and other spiritual things like that.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

You are the memory that lives on forever, the shadow that stands by our side.

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 11:05:46 AM »
Well... I think there might be fairies and stuff out there, but if there are, they aren't quite like they're being portrayed.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 11:08:50 AM »
Of COURSE I do!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Dludnerad

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • ice cream and llamas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2013, 11:33:54 AM »
Fairies left this in my front yard :)

I was writing a comic book about a fairy school, but when Monster high came out I was worried it might be too similar and gave up on it. Maybe I should dig out the notes and pics again.

I see it... Can you see it too...? :shocked:

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2013, 12:06:22 PM »
Well... I think there might be fairies and stuff out there, but if there are, they aren't quite like they're being portrayed.

This is pretty much how I feel. I mean so many cultures have their different yet similar in way stories like the jinn in Arabic folklore for example or even the gods and goddesses of ancient mythology. I personally feel the belief in "fairies" and the modern "ghosts and aliens" phenomena are actually the same thing, another plane that exists parallel to ours and sometimes the borders are thin and they just take a form that our brains create to interpret them.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Archer

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/manga_mayhem/index.html
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2013, 12:46:07 PM »
Heck yeah :D Fairies, unicorns, dragons, magic etc, i'm totally onboard with all of that lol. I think that the stories of them had to have originated somewhere :)

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2013, 12:54:22 PM »
hehe this reminded me of the Supernatural episode about fairies, that was awesome :):)

But no, I don't :P I, unlike melipuffles, don't believe in anything until it's proven  ^^ but it would be pretty neat if they did.

If you are interested in them, you can look into Icelandic folklore, it is very rich and there are so many stories about the "hidden people". In fact, town where I live, which is build on lava fields, is one of the best places for believers to walk around and see all the huge lava rocks in people's gardens where elves and fairies are supposed to live :) Quite a few of my neighbours make little scenarios intheir gardens with stones and such, it really looks like a miniature fairy town ^^

here's some info if anyone is interested :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hulduf%C3%B3lk
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 12:57:06 PM by Vintergatan »
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2013, 03:53:22 PM »
hehe this reminded me of the Supernatural episode about fairies, that was awesome :):)

But no, I don't :P I, unlike melipuffles, don't believe in anything until it's proven  ^^ but it would be pretty neat if they did.

If you are interested in them, you can look into Icelandic folklore, it is very rich and there are so many stories about the "hidden people". In fact, town where I live, which is build on lava fields, is one of the best places for believers to walk around and see all the huge lava rocks in people's gardens where elves and fairies are supposed to live :) Quite a few of my neighbours make little scenarios intheir gardens with stones and such, it really looks like a miniature fairy town ^^

here's some info if anyone is interested :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hulduf%C3%B3lk

That's really cool.  Thanks for the link. :)  Yeah fairies could look like the ones from the movie Pan's Labyrinth (a great movie) or like that movie Fairy Tale.

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2013, 06:50:19 PM »
I don't believe in them, but it would be really cool if fairies and unicorns were real :) I DO believe there are demons. Also aliens and ghosts which I believe are demons in disguise. The paranormal is some scary stuff!
My Wish List

jaybell

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2013, 06:54:04 PM »
maybe in a sense but I don't think little tinkerbells are flitting around lol. I really wanna believe in mermaids ^^ lol

Offline Winter Bones

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2013, 07:16:06 PM »
I'm not too sure about actual fairies but I do believe in fairyflies. They are a marvel of nature.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal