collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Original art collection, Fluttershy, Vampire pony, Trixie, Gilda & more  (Read 1494 times)

BlueWolf

• Trade Count: (0)
I've got a small SMALL collection of Blind Bag ponies, and my daughter has a large collection of the current toys, but something kind of unique that we have is a growing collection of one of a kind art from the current published comic creators for My Little Pony.. art is best when shared, so I wanted to show off the artwork..

I visited C2E2 in Chicago and Motor City Comic Con near Detroit this year, and picked up a lot of original art for the people who work on the IDW My Little Pony comic books. 

First up, all the sketch cards, ATCs that I got. 

The two on the left are by Thom Zahler, the guy who wrote and drew the Twilight Sparkle issue of the Micro Series.  I had told him I wanted a Twilight card because I knew he was good at drawn her, and that I wanted a Twilight card because my wife and Twilight Sparkle both love LOVE books.  I was expecting just a plain Twilight card, but he drew her levitating a stack of books and bookshelves in the background.  That was excellent.  I also wanted a Mayor Mare because not enough people draw good clean Mayor Mare pictures and I thought it would suit his style.

The Top and Bottom cards in the middle row are from Amy Mebberson.  She draws the current arc (Issues 5-8) They were both pre made that I picked out.  The Rarity one I actually "stole" from Ebay.   Some guy bought a bunch of cards at Emerald City Comic Con and then tried to sell them for 4 times what he bought them from on a different website.  When nobody bit, he but them on Ebay and I got the Rarity one for a steal.  I bought that one because Rarity is my favorite, and it was a really cute card. (IMO)   The Fluttershy is my daughters.  She wanted me to bright her back something from C2E2.  I asked who her favorite Pony artist was, and it was (by a lot) Amy.  At the time, her favorite was Fluttershy (I think it still is, but it changes a lot).  I picked a Fluttershy card out of Amy's binder at her table, and mentioned it was for my daughter.  She offered to sign it personally to her, and my daughter just about freaked out when she saw her favorite artist had personalized something for her.  Well worth it.

The middle card in the middle row is the main thing I wanted to get.  Andy Price (the main Pony artist) did it.  All I asked for was "Trixie" and he went the extra mile.  Really knocked it out of the park, and it impressed me enough that I followed him to Motor City Comic Con a month later (more on that later)

The right two cards are from Tony Fleecs.  He did the Rainbow Dash issue, the Fluttershy issue, and about 100 different covers.  He's a really cool guy to talk to.  I got the Gilda card for me, because I really like Gilda and I thought she would look great in his style.  I only got a black and white one and not a color one, because my budget was running low.  Then I got a color Fluttershy one for my daughter again. 

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A bigger shot of the Twilight and Mayor Mare cards

A bigger shot of my daughter's Fluttershy card.

Later on, at Motor City Comic Con I decided to get a larger piece of art for myself.  I got a color 9 X 12 from Andy Price.  He can turn ANYTHING into a pony, so I asked him to do a Pony version of Marvel Comic's 1970's horror character "Lilith, Daughter of Dracula."  Turned out great, super creepy!  I really like horror/Gothic styling and was really happy with it.  The picture doesn't really show it, but he used florescent markers on the eyes and under lighting, it almost glows.

Next year my wife want us to get a custom piece of art with Shining Armor and Cadence for our 10 year anniversary, and I've already got a couple ideas for stuff to get next year.

Offline moonsugar

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • my Tumblr blog (may occasionally contain adult content)
Wow, those are really really cool! I like Trixie, Gilda and Lilith the best. Wish I could own something like that :P
:fox:

Chinabun

• Trade Count: (0)
*drooling over my screen* They are AWESOME!!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Those are really cool looking :)

Offline LunaDehligt

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • the fun has been doubled! :D I SO LOVE MY PERSONA!
    • View Profile
lovely :D

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
Neat, that is so cool she signed the card for your daughter.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
wow  they look great :)
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Tiella

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Professional Multi-Tasker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art Page
Oh fun, grats!

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
Such amazing artwork you got! So much variety in styles and artists. Also, Andy Price is fantastic :D
~Foxtale~

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
I love them!!!

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Those are awesome!

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
Your cards look awesome!  I know how hard it can be to find the HTF ones that you really want.  How lucky your daughter got one personally signed for her too!!  Congrats :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal