collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hi there!  (Read 281 times)

Lapin

• Trade Count: (0)
Hi there!
« on: June 08, 2013, 10:42:24 PM »
Umm.

The name's Lapin and I'm an 18 years old student from Southern Finland who has found this whole pony thing pretty recently. Growing up in the late 90s and in the early 2000 I loved the generations 2 and 3 but after getting back liking ponies thanks to FiM the first generation has become my absolute favourite. So I could say I like all the gens but in different ways: to me, G1 is more about toys and My Little Pony Tales (my favourite MLP series for some reason), G3 is only the toys and G4 is dear to me because of FiM as a series.

I'm not planning on becoming a super serious collector or anything, but there are some ponies I just need to own, and I'm afraid the list may get longer and longer in the future... After that, who knows, customizing sounds kind of cool and as an art student it would be cool to try something like that out. However, I'm still a total newbie what it comes to anything pony related.

Other than ponies, I enjoy comics (X-men, Young Avengers and Blacksad to mention a couple), sci-fi and fantasy, animation films in all their forms, myths and history, drawing and art overall, video games (Legend of Zelda series, Professor Layton series, Pokemon, Ôkami, always looking for something new to play), Lolita fashion, reading and good music.

I look forward to talking with new people here - this far the forum has seemed like a very friendly place. I still feel I should apologize beforehand for being very lazy writer and preferring just reading other people's posts. Oh, and I'm probably going to make an awful lot of spelling mistakes and such since English isn't my first language, but feel free to tell me if something I write can't be understood!

I don't think I've got anything else to say, it's nice to meet you all!

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
Re: Hi there!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 10:55:27 PM »
Welcome to the Arena :wave:

It's so nice you decided to join us.  Do you read The Walking Dead comics?  My brother buys then and I always borrow them once he's got the latest instalment :)

PS:  Don't worry about your spelling.  English is my first (and only!) language and even I struggle with spelling at times!  :frolic:

Lapin

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 11:01:35 PM »

It's so nice you decided to join us.  Do you read The Walking Dead comics?  My brother buys then and I always borrow them once he's got the latest instalment :)

Thank you a lot!

I haven't read The Walking Dead yet, but after seeing some episodes from the tv-series I think I should give them a try.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 11:06:33 PM by Lapin »

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2013, 11:03:51 PM »

Thank you lot!

I haven't read The Walking Dead yet, but after seeing some episodes from the tv-series I think I should give them a try.

You definitely should.  They do differ from the show quite a bit though but I kind of like them that way.  I enjoy the show too though :)

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2013, 08:34:52 AM »
:newpony: and welcome to the Arena.  And no worries you do not have to be a serious collector to have a great time.  Just love ponies.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2013, 08:35:19 AM »
Welcome to the arena :)

Offline zzzova

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2013, 11:04:21 PM »
 :green: :glitter: !!Welcome to the Arena!! :glitter: :green:

Offline Tiella

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Professional Multi-Tasker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art Page
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 04:24:59 AM »
Welcome, I hope you have fun here!

Offline LunaDehligt

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • the fun has been doubled! :D I SO LOVE MY PERSONA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2013, 10:13:01 AM »
Hi and welcome to Arena :fox:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal